Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
STOMP! Season 1: The Larch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
STOMP! Season 1: The Larch
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Ha! I guessed those two already

And yes the Dragon is still shit and squishy, but good for punching things in the face apparently. Not tried a melee build yet so that should be interesting...
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Far Too Silly
"Ok, I've had just about enough of this pussy-footing around Neo," remarked Freedom to Dodge as they walked into the briefing room. "It's about fucking time we got some answers, and also those hot bitches phone numbers!"

"Too right, get him Freedom!"

They were the last to arrive, as the briefing room already contained Neo, Carter, brune, and Chrome. Some of the support staff were there as well, meaning this particular briefing was going to be important.

"Shouldn't you be flying this thing Chrome?" Dodge asked, looking askance at the window.

"One of the locals is handling it," Chrome replied, causing Dodge to relax more than if Chrome had been doing the flying. "Neo asked for everyone to be here."

"Good. Neo, what the fuck is going on? And what's the phone number for that adorable little piece of ass?" shouted Freedom.

Neo, in his usual position by the holotable, just stood there looking into the distance with a slightly pained expression. As the rest of the gang began to get quiet, brune coughed and brought him out of his reverie.

"Right," muttered Neo to himself, squaring his shoulders. "Here goes... I know you're all wondering what exactly went down when Lady Arano arrived after our mission to grab the Argo. I'm afraid it involves a bit of a history lesson."

"BORING!" yawned Dodge, getting up to leave.

"Sit your ass down Dodge!" said Neo angrily, pointing back to the chair. "If you don't, I'll never introduce you to Lady Arano."

That did it. Dodge sat back down with a disgusted look on his face.

"Ok. You have to remember despite appearances I've been here for three years. When I first arrived I stepped into a dead man's mech, literally, and took over his life. I spent some time as a freelancer, wandering around with the Blackjack and taking on minor jobs, until I got the attention of Raju Montgomery. Mastiff was his callsign."

"Finally starting to get somewhere," muttered brune to Carter.

"Shh! I like history lessons!"

"Fuckin' nerd."

"Anyway," Neo continued, "Mastiff took me to the capital of the Aurigan Reach and taught me how to really pilot a mech. There were four of us under his tutelage: Myself, Kamea Arano, Alexander Madeira... and Victoria Espinosa. Victoria is the daughter of Kamea's uncle, Santiago Espinosa. To cut a very long story short, when Kamea took over as leader of the Reach her uncle wasn't happy with the way she did things, so he instigated a coup. Victoria, who was Lady Arano's best friend, turned on us and tried to kill us. Kamea and myself were with Mastiff when shit went down, and he ordered me to help him get Kamea to a waiting DropShip to get her off the planet."

Neo paused and took a sip of water as the now-quiet gang waited, engrossed in the story.

"I'm missing a lot of details here, but Mastiff and I got Kamea to the DropShip intact and she lifted off. Victoria ambushed us on the way and I was ready to take as many of those bastards to the grave with me as possible, but my mech suddenly shut down. Sabotage, it turned out. Mastiff..." Neo paused again, the faint pain on his face becoming a strong sense of grief. "Mastiff ordered me to eject, and took them all on himself. I had a lot of respect for that old man. He'd spent three years teaching me, hard but fair, and the only reason I ended up able to take command of a merc company in this universe is because of him. The crazy bastard took on at least ten enemy mechs in nothing but a Centurion, and he took a few down before they cored him. I woke up on this ship with the locals telling me Kamea's DropShip had been destroyed in orbit, Mastiff was gone, and everything I'd done in the last three years was for nothing. Director Espinosa and that backstabbing bitch of a daughter were in control of the Reach, so I left. I worked my way up through the company to end up as Commander, and you all know the rest. That's when you turned up."

"Fucking hell Neo," brune sighed, shaking his head. "No wonder you were pissed. So this Lady Arano Dodge fancies is your friend, she wants her throne back, and you want to kill every motherfucker who crossed you?"

"That's about the gist of it, yes."

"Good enough for me. How about you guys?" brune called, looking around the room.

"FUCK YEAH!" they chorused, standing and cheering at the thought of more action and a nice piece of revenge pie.

"We've had a communication from Lady Arano, she wants us to free some prisoners on a planet called Weldry as she assaults the main forces. SpecOps stuff. Once we do this, we help start a war," Neo cautioned.

"That's what we're fucking good at!" yelled Freedom.

He should have known Fight Club is always up for a fight.

"Right! Let's get out there and TWAT IT!"

Last edited by Neonin on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Mission 3: The Horse Chestnut
Flakes of snow swirled around the lances legs as Chrome lifted off in the Leopard. Mountains glistened like diamonds in the distance, and the entire landscape resembled nothing more than a scene from a snowglobe. Everything was covered in white, and though the trees looked alien to Fight Clubs eyes, they were still recognisably trees.

"Walk..." Carter began to sing.

"Carter I swear to fucking Christ if you start singing Walking in a Winter Wonderland I'm going to break off your Blowjobs arm and beat you to death with it."

"Sorry Dodge. Fancy a snowball fight?"

"Didn't you read the briefing notes? There's an insect the size of your thumb that swarms on this planet and can infect you with practically every disease in the universe."

"Err... maybe pass on the snowball fight then."

"You up for this Neo?" asked brune, as the lance powered up and prepared to move.

"Too fucking right I am. It's payback time."

"Great, what's the plan then?"

"We roll forward and stomp the shit out of anything that gets in our way, liberate the prisoners, and send a big 'FUCK YOU' to the Espinosas." Neo had a crazed note to his voice that brune was definitely nervous about.

"Well yeah... those are general orders, but more specific ones perhaps?"

"There's two turret generators on a hill to the north. Carter and Dodge use their jumpjets to leap up and take them out then we head for the western gate, destroy any fixed turrets and vehicles guarding the place, knock politely, and ask nicely that they release their prisoners."

"And if they refuse?"

"We stomp, and we stomp hard."

"Better! You heard him guys, let's fuck stuff up!"

Carter and Dodge jumped to the hill and opened up on the two turret generators they found there, quickly reducing them to rubble. Explosions could be heard in the distance, and an alarm sounded. The voice of the warden came across the open radio frantically ordering his garrison to defend the jail against the invading mechs. Neo and brune followed the road to the west, quickly joined by Carter and Dodge as they jumped back down from the hill, and advanced into a forested area just outside the main checkpoint.

"Ok I count two turrets and... three vehicles. Can't make them out yet, time to advance and see what's waiting," said Neo.

"You first Tank Boy!" brune chuckled to Dodge, who booted his mech into motion and moved forward. Stopping at the edge of the treeline, Dodge marked and fired on the first turret in sight. It melted under his sustained barrage and exploded, sending shrapnel raining down on the vehicles below it.

"One turret down. Eat shit fucker!" Dodge chortled happily. "I see two medium tanks with a mix of weapons and another turret, looks like a missile one."

"On it," replied brune, lighting up the turret on his radar as a target for his LRMs and loosing a volley. Before it had chance to get any missiles of its own off, the turret was no more. "Like shooting fish in a barrel!"

"What do you know about shooting fish you cock-er-ney wanker?" chuckled Carter.

"Just that's it's easy. Like your mum!"

"Walked into that one didn't I?" said Carter unhappily.

"Yep!"

"Umm guys, these tanks are shooting at me. Can you stop bitching at each other and help?" called Dodge as his mech took repeated hits from the tanks weaponry.

Neo and Carter moved forward as brune hung back and began pelting the tanks with missiles. Getting into a good position, Neo got his first chance to open up with his shiny new AC/20 and sighted on the nearest tank.

"Listen up you primitive screwheads. You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!" he yelled, gleefully pulling the trigger and firing a round. It missed.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" laughed brune uncontrollably. "Neo can't control his wang!"

"Don't make me shoot you," was the ominous reply. Brune shut up. Normally he'd fire an insult back, but Neo was being... weird.

"Want a job done right, do it yourself!" called Carter as he lit up both vehicles, divided his weapons, and took both out in a single volley.

"Neo! Why haven't I been on that fucking training course yet?" moaned Dodge, green with envy.

"Alright, alright! I'll sort it out after this drop I swear."

The third vehicle was moving in from the right flank, and with nothing ahead the lance wheeled around to meet it. It was then they spotted four other turret generators nestled in a large recess of the main prison wall, a tempting target.

"Why didn't they put them behind the wall?" asked a very confused brune.

"Err... pass," said Neo, firing his lasers at them to conserve ammo. The rest of the lance followed suit, except for Dodge who moved forward to meet the approaching tank. As the buildings behind him crashed to the ground under sustained laser fire, Dodge finally caught sight of the enemy vehicle. And then, much to his annoyance, Neo was there too.

"BOOM!" he yelled, firing the AC/20 and blowing the lightly-armoured tank sky high. It crashed down amongst some trees as a secondary explosion tore through it. What was left bore little resemblance to the vehicle it had been, and the enemy crew had never even got a shot off.

"You fucking kill stea... err... never mind," muttered Dodge, as Neo torso-twisted his Centurion towards him. That movement had just happened to bring his AC/20 in line with Dodge. It must have been a coincidence. Right?

"So, both gates are undefended now Neo. Stick with the western gate or move to the southern one?" asked brune.

"Dodge and I can just jump over the wall," Carter said with a smirk.

"Yeah and I can fire thirty missiles over the wall after you," brune growled.

"Stick with the plan guys. Head for the western gate, and let's go knock," ordered Neo.

"Politely?" asked brune.

"Politely."

The lance moved forward and took up position outside the western gate. The alarm siren was still going off inside the prison compound, but no other defences had presented themselves. Snowflakes swirled past Neo's cockpit as he looked at the solid-seeming metal gate.

"Everyone ready?" he asked.

"Let's do this!" said Dodge.

"Ok. KNOCK KNOCK BITCH!"

Neo fired his AC/20 at the direct centre of the gate, blowing it straight back off its hinges and leaving a gaping hole where it had once stood.

"That's your idea of polite is it?" brune sighed with a shake of his head. Kids.

"More polite than I feel. Move in," Neo ordered.

"Uhh Neo... I'm detecting fusion power startup signatures. Four of them, directly in front of you in a hangar," Chrome said over the radio.

"Looks like they do have mech defences after all. Right, you know the drill boys. GET 'EM."

The lance moved into the compound with Dodge taking the centre, Neo on the left flank, Carter to the right, and brune bringing up the rear, using the remains of the door as cover. Sure enough, the outline of BattleMechs became visible ahead through the snowy gloom. A Jenner was the first to present itself, running forward til it spotted the Fight Clubbers then coming to an abrupt halt. As Carter opened fire on it, a Centurion almost matching the one Neo was piloting came into view, closely followed by a hulking outline bigger than anything they'd faced before.

"What the FUCK is that?" yelled Dodge excitedly, moving his mech forward and bracing to avoid taking too much damage.

"It's a Jager," said brune, recognising the outline of the enemy mech. "Big fucker, lots of dakka. Better get that down fast or we'll take a pounding."

"Your mum takes a pounding. ZING!" laughed Carter. "Got ya back!"

Brune was too busy concentrating on the evolving tactical picture to fire back. Normally he'd leave it to Neo, but he'd noticed that Neo's Wang had accelerated and crossed behind Dodge to join Carter on the right flank. As he watched in horror, Neo moved past Carter and put himself straight into the firing line of the Jager.

"Neo are you fucking nuts?!" yelled brune as he targeted the now-clear signature of the Jager and fired off a volley of LRMs at it. "We're out-tonned against these guys, we have to fight smart!"

Neo didn't reply, firing off a round from his boomstick at the large enemy. A solid hit punched through its armour and damaged the internal structure of its left torso, but it did no critical damage and left the Jager in perfect position to return fire. Carter, closest to the fight, saw Neo's Wang rock back under a barrage of autocannon fire. Dodge was attempting to close without getting focused himself, but the Jenner and Centurion had him in their sights and opened fire. Missiles, lasers, and large calibre autocannon fire dinged and thudded into his armour, and if he hadn't been braced things might have gone south rapidly.

"Neo! Finish fucking him the fuck up!"

"Language Dodge," admonished Carter.

"Oh suck a cock!" Dodge retorted. A large volley of LRMs dropped around him, and they realised the fourth mech was keeping back out of range. Carter moved forward to support Neo and opened fire on the Jager, scoring a few hits with his lasers but missing with the AC/2s.

"Guys this isn't good, this is not fucking good at all!" yelled Dodge, desperately trying to fire back at three mechs, one of which he couldn't see, while Carter and brune tried to stop Neo from receiving a beating from the Jager.

"Heads up! Reinforcements are inbound!" came a female voice on the radio, as a barrage of artillery fire levelled the wall of the compound on their left flank and the shape of a mech appeared in the smoking wreckage.

"KAMEA?" Neo, snapped out of his focus by the familiar voice, could scarcely believe his eyes.

"Neonin! Let us finish this scum and free our friends in the prison!" Lady Arano sang out, opening fire on a Trebuchet that had suddenly lit up on the radar as she approached.

"Lady Arano are you nuts?! You're way closer to them than we are!" Neo yelled as he loosed a round at the nearest mech, the Jenner, which lost its left leg and dropped like a heavy metal sack of shit.

"I just asked YOU that..." muttered brune to himself.

"Oh for fuck's sake! Guys we can't let Lady Arano get killed. Brune, Dodge, concentrate fire on the Cent. Carter, try and distract that Jager while I finish off this damned Jenner. Whatever you do, do NOT let them focus on Lady Arano's Kintaro."

Given orders that finally made sense, Fight Club sprang into action again. Dodge, already braced against enemy fire, acted as a linch pin while the rest of the lance manoeuvred around and tried to support Lady Arano. Carter fired at the Jager, drawing its attention to the most immediate threat, while brune moved close enough to fire his LRMs at the Trebuchet and his lasers at the Centurion.

"Oh fuck, BRUNE can do that too?!" Dodge groaned.

"That's right mate!" brune chortled, jinking slightly to the left to avoid some of the missiles the Trebuchet launched back at him. Lady Arano moved in from the flank to almost point-blank range and fired again, this time splitting her weapons between three different mechs. The Jenner, already down, received a barrage of SRMs that cored the defenseless mech before Neo could get off another shot. LRMs rained down on the Jager, and a burst of laser fire did heavy damage to the Centurions right arm.

"Woah, she's good!" remarked Dodge, taking advantage of the distraction to move into a better firing position. "Can't let her have all the fun though. It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of gum!"

With a quick torso twist, Dodge brought all his weaponry to bear on the wounded Centurion and blasted a hole straight through its right torso, sending its big autocannon spinning to the ground helplessly. Neo moved forward to support Carter as the Jager continued to concentrate fire on him, luckily missing some of the shots it took on the more agile Blowjob.

"You ok Carter?"

"Yeah, I think I hit the bastard in the head. He seems out of it!"

"Really? Hmm..." Neo murmured, targeting the weakened left torso. An AC/20 round punched straight through the already-damaged side torso and an explosion rocked the Jager as its left arm and torso, now separated from the mech, fell with a loud clang to the floor. Brune, noticing that the Jager was swaying unsteadily, fired off a salvo of LRMs at close range that smacked into the Jager with repeated impacts.

"TIIIIIIIIIIIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRR!" he cried as the Jager pilot lost balance under the blows and crashed to the ground with an earth-shaking thud. It did not get up again.

"I think you killed the meat!" called Neo.

"DIBS!!!!!" yelled all three Clubbers at the same time.

"Save it for later, we still have two enemies to deal with!"

The Centurion and Trebuchet, obviously panicked at the sudden appearance of an enemy mech on their flank and their Commander's demise, attempted to pull back into the hangar. Unfortunately for the them, Fight Club was not in a merciful mood. Combined fire from Dodge and Lady Arano took out the Trebuchet, while the enemy Centurion found itself staring into a mirror, and the abyss, as Neo brought his Wang to rest in front of it and levelled his AC/20.

"There can be only one."

AFTERMATH
"Lady Arano? Commander Neonin? You better get in here," Lord Madeira said over the radio. "And... prepare yourselves, this won't be easy."

Neo practically broke his leg jumping down from his Wang, and tore inside the building as fast as he could, right behind Lady Arano.

"Oh fuck... there's no way that ends well..." sighed brune, wishing Luggsy hadn't given him secret orders.

Dodge, meanwhile, dragged his sword into the compound and towards a middle-aged man on his knees. His dirty uniform bore the insignia of the prison, and despite the fact he was kneeling on the floor he still had a haughty expression on his face. Dodge stopped in front of him and grinned.

"You wouldn't dare kill me! Do you have any idea who I am?" snapped the Warden, starting to rise to his feet. He was pushed back down, gently but firmly, and something in Dodges eyes gave the Warden a seconds doubt. Dodge motioned to the piles of bodies, broken and maimed, that they had found inside the prison walls. Political prisoners and malcontents who had been taken from their families without trial, tortured, and left on an unforgiving frozen rock to rot. He raised his sword high in the air, a grim expression on his face.

"Too fucking right I'd dare. SCREAM BITCH!"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< CHOP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Neonin on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I should point out for those of you watching the AAR's that a weird bug in BattleTech means if none of the enemy fire manages to breach your armour you're reported as having full armour at the end of the match despite the fact some of it may be hanging on by a thread. Weird, but that's why it sometimes looks like we took no damage whatsoever!
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Blood, Devastation, Death, War and Horror
After being assured by some of the local engi's that the sonic insect repellents were online, Dodge, brune, and Carter went outside for a bit of a breather. Dodge and Carter moved towards the main building to follow Neo, but brune placed a hand on each of their shoulders and stopped them.

"Better give him some time lads. I don't think he's going to want us in there right now."

Dodge and Carter looked at him, shrugged, and wandered off to see what entertainment they could find. There was bound to be something interesting to see, even in a prison. This was the future after all. Brune looked towards the hospital building Neo had gone in to and sighed, shaking his head to himself. That boy was getting too wrapped up in what was going on for his own good. Lord Madeira exited the hospital, saw brune, and headed over.

"Hello sir. Brune isn't it?"

"That's right me ole' china. What can I do for you?"

Lord Madeira looked over towards where Dodge and Carter were rolling up giant balls of snow, way too big to be thrown. "You men are... enjoying themselves?"

"Situations like this, sometimes that's the best response mate."

"Perhaps. I hope your Commander and Lady Arano feel the same way about things."

"What makes you say that?" brune asked shrewdly, noticing the look of concern on Lord Madeira's face.

"There are many victims of torture in this forsaken place brune, many sad stories. Lady Arano was already aware of some of it as it's been happening in other places on this planet too, but it's worse here. And..."

"Go on."

"They found Raju Montgomery, Mastiff, in that hospital."

Brune let out an explosive breath he didn't even realise he'd been holding. This wasn't good. "Your mentor? I thought he died three years ago?"

"As did we," Lord Madeira replied, sadness evident in his entire body language. "It turns out he survived the destruction of his Centurion and has been here under the... tender mercies... of House Espinosa for those three years. The medics tell me he only died a few hours ago."

"Oh fuck. FUCK," brune cursed. "Maybe he won't take it so bad, you seem to be handling it ok?"

"I wasn't as close to Raju as Commander Neonin and Lady Arano were, and Commander Neonin knew him the longest of all of us."

"Bollocks," said brune, fearing the worst.

"Indeed."

Just then Neo and Lady Arano emerged from the hospital. Even from this distance brune could tell there was immense anger and grief in both of them, just from the way they walked and the set of their bodies. The old campaigner and the Lord shared a look as Lady Arano hugged Neonin and walked off towards another building. Neo watched her go for a moment, then stalked towards them.

"Hey Neo, uhh... you ok?" It was a stupid question but brune could think of nothing else. He'd never, ever seen Neo with an expression like that, and it worried him. Neo snarled something incoherent and barged past them both, heading straight towards his Wang in the mech garage clenching and unclenching his fists.

"I knew it, too fucking invested..." muttered brune, turning to watch. Dodge and Carter, spotting Neo, stopped what they were doing and looked towards brune, who shook his head slightly.

"He appears to be heading towards his BattleMech," Lord Madeira observed. "Perhaps you should attempt to stop him before he does something drastic?"

"Sod that for a game of soldiers. I've seen people with that look before, just not Neo. He needs to blow off a little steam before I even attempt to talk to him."

Neo reached his Wang and climbed up the access ladder into the cockpit, closing it quickly and beginning the startup sequence. As the mech warmed up its left arm slammed out into the wall of the garage, leaving a huge dent and sending a shudder through the entire compound. The Wang moved forward and Neo levelled his AC/20 at an empty storehouse, pulled the trigger, and disintegrated it in one shot. It got progressively worse from there as Neo took his rage out on anything that caught his eye, using weapons and physically assaulting things. Buildings crumpled, walls shattered, towers ended up as heaps of scrap metal... it was a good job the compound was mostly empty. He turned the mech towards the prison hospital and sighted down the length of his AC/20. There were people still in there.

"Oh shit, gimme the radio! Quick! QUICK!" yelled brune to Dodge, who threw him one they knew was using a frequency only they could hear.

"NEO!" brune yelled, hitting the transmit button. "LUGGSY SAYS STAND DOWN OR HE'LL SEND YOU BACK AND PUT YOU IN LUCAGES STABLE!"

The Wang torso-twisted in brune's direction and brune found himself staring down the barrel of the huge autocannon. He looked directly into the cockpit at Neo, knowing there was no way one member of Fight Club would maliciously hurt another. "Right?" he muttered to himself.

Neo shuddered visibly and raised the Wangs arm high into the air, a huge boom echoing through the compound as he sent a round tearing through the sky harmlessly. He brought the mech to rest and sat there, breathing deeply.

"Thank fuck for that!" Carter yelled to brune, running over. "I thought he was gonna blow you away for a second."

"He wouldn't, he knows I'd come back from the dead and fuck him up."

Neo dismounted his mech and came to stand in front of them, still obviously struggling to control his anger. Dodge walked carefully over to join them, not wanting to be on the receiving end of any lashing out.

"Three years! Three fucking years! All that time I was pissing about and he was here, suffering through God only knows what! We only missed him by a few hours!" Neo raged.

"You weren't pissing about, you were doing what you were ordered to," Carter said.

"I'm going to find Director Espinosa," Neo said ominously, his voice rising as he continued. "I'm going to find him, and then I'm going to rip his dick off and skullfuck him with his own cock!"

"Life goals," snickered Dodge.

"Shut the fuck up Dodge. You have no idea, absolutely no fucking idea. All of you, get back in your mechs and get ready for pickup. Now."

Carter shook his head. Brune had obviously tried to calm Neo down and bring him to his senses, but he feared more would be needed before they were ready to drop on a mission again. The lance rode back up into orbit in silence as Neo seethed and the rest of Fight Club wondered what was happening to their normally easy-going friend.
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Sex and Violence
Fight Club were once again sat in the briefing room, though for once no-one was crowded round the holotable. Since his furious display on the planets surface people had been giving Neo a wide berth, and it was obvious to anyone who looked at him that he was struggling with what they had found.

"He came on board, left his Wang to the techs, locked himself in his room and started destroying the place so I heard," whispered Carter to Freedom.

"He needs to grow a pair. What a pussy. Ooo look who it is, watch Dodge's face!"

Lady Arano walked into the room and crossed to where Neo was standing and laid a hand on his shoulder, Lord Madeira not far behind. Dodge's face was rapt, unable to take his gaze away from her. Not that she seemed to notice.

"We need to discuss... what happened," she said glancing around the room. She paused when she looked at Dodge, a confused expression crossing her face when she saw how he was looking at her, then continued. "My Uncle cannot be allowed to get away with what he has done."

"It's quite simple," Neo replied. "We jump to Coromodir, grab a bunch of rocks, and chuck them at any place that rat bastard could be."

"Commander," Lord Madeira interrupted, "May I remind you that the Ares Conventions explicitly forbid orbital bombardment except on valid military targets away from population centres."

"Fuck your conventions! I'm not from here, they don't apply to me."

While Lady Arano seemed not to notice Neo's slip-up, Lord Madeira definitely did. He peered at Neonin closely.

"They apply to everyone, Commander. Otherwise everyone would break them and we'd knock ourselves back into a technological Stone Age."

Brune had heard enough. "Excuse me Lady Arano, Lord Madeira, but could we have a moment to ourselves?"

Lady Arano nodded. "Of course, take all the time you need. Alexander, let us discuss our response in the mess while our friends deliberate."

After Lady Arano and Lord Madeira left, brune rounded on Neonin angrily. "Neo, what the fuck are you playing at? You're gonna get us busted, but more importantly, LUGGSY busted. If the Time Cops show up at his door and kick him in the bollocks he's going to be really fucking mad!"

Neonin straightened from the holotable, a look of fury on his face. "Shut the fuck up brune. Luggsy put me in command, and I'll decide what we will and won't do!"

"Luggsy made you SL, you dicknosed cock blossom, not OL! You're no better than the rest of us!"

"Yeah!" yelled Dodge, fed up with the way things were going and the fact Lady Arano had left the room so he had nothing to stare at. "You're not Luggsy, you ain't even Freedom and he helped found this goddamn outfit!"

Freedom nodded emphatically. "SL means you call the shots while we're here, but it doesn't mean you get to treat the rest of us like fucking lackeys."

"Sorry Neo, they're right," added Carter. "You're flying off the handle and we don't have to put up with it. Besides, none of this is real remember?"

Neo looked taken aback at the verbal onslaught, and the ramifications of Carter's offhand comment. "What do you mean this isn't real?"

"Luggsy got one of the boffins to explain it to me before I left," Carter replied, leaning back in his seat. "It's impossible to go forward in time... in your own universe. This is an alternate one, not how our future will necessarily turn out. What we do here has no consequences in our own universe. It doesn't matter."

"You can't go forward? What about back?" asked brune.

"They don't know the answer to that one yet, in theory it's possible."

"You're wrong about something Carter," said Neo, taking a seat and finally calming down a bit. "Maybe it doesn't matter to the guys back home, but the people here are real. Everything that happens, everything we do, they have to live with when we're gone. What we do makes a difference."

"Then let's do it properly, instead of getting all pissy and having tantrums. That doesn't help anyone," brune said. "We do it the Fight Club way: Organised, efficient, and above all... fun."

Neo sighed and stood up again, an apologetic look on his face. "You're all right of course. I'm sorry. It's been a difficult three years, and seeing... what I saw down there pushed me over the edge. We'll do it the way we always approach things. Dodge, I'll arrange that training session for you. We need to get the Jager we salvaged fixed up and ready for action too. I have a feeling we're going to need every advantage we can get our hands on before we finish this."

The door to the briefing room chimed, and brune walked over to answer it. Lady Arano and Lord Madeira stood there, entering as brune motioned them in. Lady Arano addressed them all.

"Commander. Mercenaries. I've made some decisions. My original plan was for a fairly low-key insurrection while I built support, but the scale of my Uncle's... crimes... cannot go unanswered. My people, my people, cannot continue to suffer at the hands of a tyrant and his secret police. I will make a speech to the entire Reach shortly, laying bare what has happened at Weldry and why it cannot be allowed to go on."

"Good idea. Get the people pissed off at the government and all sorts of interesting things start to happen," mused Freedom.

"I have an army, but I need a specialised team who can do the really difficult jobs where a small number of people can accomplish more than a battalion. Fight Club has proven itself capable, and I would like you to be that team. To that end, I give you the Argo. She was going to be a symbol of rebirth, flying my standard, but now I realise she would be better put to use by your company. She is old, but solid. With some repairs she should serve you fair better than this meagre Leopard."

A cheer went round the room at the thought of more space, more luxuries, but more importantly, more fighting.

"Just don't let Chrome fly her!" someone snickered from the back of the room.

"I believe," said Neo, looking round at the grinning faces, "that we accept your terms Lady Arano."

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I must spread word of what happened here. Alexander will stay on with you as my official liaison. Good day all."

Brune looked suspiciously at Lord Madeira, getting the distinct feeling he'd need keeping an eye on, especially after Neo's slip. The rest of the gang would need to be warned to keep their mouths shut around him.

"Gentlemen, I believe we will be able to see Lady Arano's speech from here," Lord Madeira said, reaching for the holotable controls.

Lsdy Arano's Speech
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Minor Side Mission
No Jager in this mission as it's still being refit (more on that below) but Freedom is in for Carter this time just to keep his xp ticking along.

AAR
Seems like a fairly easy mission eh? Only two enemies? Well, it was pretty easy but had a very unexpected benefit. One of the mechs was an Orion, and we managed to kill the pilot. In the space of two missions we've picked up two Heavy mechs, very nice indeed. I'm having better luck with the FC campaign than I am with the other one I'm playing...

MechSpecs
Haven't decided on the fit for the Orion yet but it'll be some kind of tank/brawl build as the heaviest mech we have. The Jager was initially being refit to remove the two AC/2s and add machineguns and jumpjets, along with armour, with the idea being to jump in, fuck stuff up, then brace and take a pounding. I might rethink that loadout after acquiring the Orion though.
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Minor Side Mission
These should come through fairly quickly as they're just side missions, so apologies for the spam. Carter back in action again this time.

AAR
Again only two enemies, but... unbelievable. One crappy AC tank and then a Grand Dragon. I swear I'm not making this shit up. You watch, next system I visit is gonna have Tenz in the Hiring Hall I'll bet, especially since we managed to capture the fucking thing! Why am I so lucky on this campaign and not the other one? Not complaining mind!

MechSpecs
Ok made some decisions, Orion is going to be the tank and pack an AC/20, 2 x ML, 2 x SRM4 and full frontal armour. A heatsink or two if I can squeeze it in. The Jager is going to be a bigger version of Carter's Blowjob just without the jumpets, so lots of nice armour, dual AC/5s instead of AC/2s, and quad ML. The Grand Dragon, unless Tenz specifies otherwise, is going to be a testbed. 4 x ML, 3 x MG (no ballistic points on the DRG-1G, sorry Tenz), max armour on legs and arms, full five jumpjets, and the plan is to go Dragon bowling...
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It should be fast enough to get you some face time without the lack of range being an issue. It is still a Dragon though, so... yeah, it'll suck

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Minor Side Mission
So our first mission with the now-refitted Orion and Jager, replacing the Shadow Hawk and Blowjob.

A little vanity shot of the lance:

AAR
One AC tank was the target. There were two Hunchback variants and one Trebuchet, and we managed to kill the pilot of one of the Hunchies so more money for us. Orion and Jager perform nicely in their roles, with the Orion soaking damage and being able to dish out a heavy punch and the Jager firing from range with the dual AC/5s and being able to close with the lasers when needed.

MechSpecs
No changes this time around, the Dragon is still in the shop.
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Minor Side Mission
Dodge gets a go in the Orion, decides he likes it.

AAR
Thee medium mechs the target this time: Hunchback, Griffin, Vindicator. Managed to kill the pilot of the Hunchie so more moola coming our way. Poor Hunchie pilots are hated by RNGesus this playthrough...

MechSpecs
No changes this time around, the Dragon is still in the shop.
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Full Frontal Nudity
A shudder ran through the Argo. This was not uncommon, as the old girl had seen better days and while attempts were being made to fix her up there was a long way to go still. The Clubbers were in the mess playing cards, all except Dodge and Chrome. They'd used the Time Travel Gal to take the reports back to Luggsy.

***** BACK ON EARTH *****
"For fuck's sake Chrome, stop bringing all these reports back at the same fucking time!" Luggsy was annoyed. You'd think with the ability to time travel they'd space out when they made their reports, but it was his professional opinion that Chrome was Taking The Piss and deliberately bringing all the reports within minutes of each other. Luggsy hated paperwork.

"Yadda yadda yadda... new robots... what the fuck is a Dragon?"

There was a brief blur of motion as one of the present Clubbers vanished in the direction of the Gal.

***** STOMPY STOMP UNIVERSE *****
A loud clunk signified the return of the Gal, the sounds of the docking collar pressurising sending another shudder through the ship.

"We really need to work on the structure of this thing before Chrome makes one hard landing too many and rips her apart..." mused brune thoughtfully, smiling as Neo and Carter both nodded their heads.

"Well we should have a couple more pairs of hands to help with things like that," said Neo, laying down his hole cards and revealing, when combined with the board cards, a flush. "I sent back a request for more personnel now we have a couple more mechs."

Brune grinned evilly as he revealed his hand: A straight flush. Neo would never learn. A sudden thought wiped the grin off his face. "Oh fuck, did you put down which mechs we'd got our hands on?"

"Yep. Why?"

The door to the mess hissed open and Tenz, stark bollock naked, swaggered in swinging his dick around.

"Bitches! Where's my fucking Dragon?!"

Brune facepalmed. "Tenz... why are you naked?"

"The reports said there were some hot women around so I thought I'd show them what the competition is like."

"Dodge's reports I take it?"

"Yep. So where are they?"

Neo stood and threw a nearby teatowel at Tenz. "That ought to be big enough, cover yourself up man. They're not here."

"Good! No distractions, now where's my mech?"
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Silly Noises
After Tenz had been escorted to see the Dragon, and forced to put some clothes on, Freedom and Dodge went on a 'bit of an explore'. They wandered up and down the length of the Argo poking their nose into anything that seemed interesting, much to the annoyance of the local specialists working in those areas.

"You forget sometimes just how many non-FC people there are on this tub," Dodge said to Freedom as they passed through a second offline mechbay, the cavernous enclosures meant to house mechs filled with junk and exposed wiring.

"Yeah I know," Freedom replied, recalling a brief conversation he'd had with brune recently. "Which reminds me, we need to be careful around them. We can't let them know where we're from, we just have to maintain the appearance of boring mercenaries who are astoundingly good at their job. Brune reckons that cake guy is getting suspicious."

"Cake guy?"

"Lord Madeira."

"Ohhh... ha, I see what you did there."

Just then Carter's voice, filled with glee and barely restrained laughter, came on the radio. "Guys! You're gonna want to get to the medbay."

"What? Who died?" asked a confused Dodge.

"No-one, it's not an emergency. Chrome brought a second member along with Tenz and he's here waiting to meet you!"

Looking at one another, Dodge and Freedom shrugged their shoulders and headed up to the medbay to find out what Carter was on about. It was a good five minute walk to get there, reminding them again just how big this ship actually was. They heard voices as they approached: The Irish twang of Chrome, the weird Midlander accent of Neo, and of course the hobbit-loving lilt of Carter. Another voice, one that sounded vaguely familiar, was also present. They walked in to find Honelith sitting on a med table looking confused at the attention he was getting.

"Sup fam?" he said as they walked through the door.

"Excuse me?" replied Freedom with a frown. Carter, no longer able to contain himself, burst into a fit of laughter and left the room barely able to breath.

"Yeah blud whagwarn?"

Neo shook his head, torn between hilarity and annoyance at what had transpired.

"He means hello. Turns out Chrome had a bit of an interesting ride home."

"Twas nothing, to be sure. A bit of minor turbulence in the time stream..." Chrome said defensively.

"Minor? Tenz said you managed to hit something in a place there shouldn't be anything to hit! The whole Gal jerked sideways and Honelith, who for some stupid reason wasn't buckled in, smacked his head off the wall."

"What's the drilly cuz?" Honelith said, annoyed that people were talking about him as if he wasn't there.

"Why is he talking like that?" Dodge asked.

"Cause he got knocked out when he hit his head, and when he woke up... Look, he think's he's a G."

"A what?"

"A G."

"I heard you the first time Neo. What the flying fuck is a G?"

"A gangsta. You know.... urban."

"I'm here to make P's and see fit gyal, peng tings only though innit, so let's bounce," Honelith said, standing up and heading for the door.

"Did he just say he's going to the toilet for a wank?" said Freedom, completely lost.

"No, don't worry about it," sighed Neo. "Just stick him in brunes Hunchie for the next drop and see how he does, brune wants a mission off for some reason."
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Minor Side Mission
First time out for Tenz, in his Dragon, and Honelith in the Hunchback. Carter will probably need to be prised out of the Jager with a crowbar, he seems to love it.

AAR
Weird mission where the target was on the other side of the biggest cliff I've seen in this game so far. One Jenner, a Firestarter, and two tanks before them. Turns out punching things with the Dragon is actually ok, as long as you hit... When I realised where the target in a Shadow Hawk was, Tenz got to DFA it first then Honelith knocked it over with missiles and Tenz stomped it flat.

MechSpecs
No changes this time around.
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
"Cake guy?"

"Lord Madeira."

#groansville

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: