Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
More Virgin Media Brilliance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic View previous topic
View next topic
More Virgin Media Brilliance
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post More Virgin Media Brilliance Reply with quote
Quote:
Due to a system hiccup, we didn’t charge you for your monthly mobile airtime tariff. We’ve fixed this now, and we’ll add the cost of your March monthly mobile airtime tariff to your April bill. And as a way to say sorry, we’re going to charge you less for it.

Doesn't bother me, they forgot to take it one month so take two lots the next month, it's what I signed up to yadda-yadda-yadda.

Just noticed the bill go out this month and thought I'd see what kind of "discount" they were going to put on it.

My normal monthly airtime bill is £5.08, so two months is £10.16.

What did they charge me?

£10.

16p discount. Virgin Media are REAL fuckin' sorry
Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
hahaha

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
What are you gonna spend it on?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tiger313
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
That is fking funny!

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
16p buys you a house in Birmingham! And greetings all while I'm on!

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I think BT tops that

Broadband goes down Thursday afternoon. Support contacted Thursday night. They say there is a fault on the landline and an engineer has been booked and it should be sorted by Saturday.

Saturday goes by and still no broadband. Support contacted again, they now say there is not a fault on the line and an engineer had not been booked. Cunts.

They now say there is a fault with the hub (even though I repeatedly tell them there is no dial tone on the line) and they send me a new hub. It arrives Tuesday. Except it isn't a hub, its a BT Infinity welcome pack which is basically a booklet and a network cable and I don't have BT Infinity anyway, I have old fashioned copper broadband.

Complaint department contacted and after 30 minutes they deduce they sent the wrong thing. No fucking shit Sherlock. A new hub is dispatched.

Wednesday I get an email from the complaint department saying they have investigated my complaint and detected a fault on my BT infinity line. I reply saying that is fucking amazing as I don't have BT Infinity. /sigh. Later that day the hub turns up! I plug it in... and it doesn't work.

I contact support (again) and they spend another 30 minutes running some test before they come back and say... there is a fault on the line and an engineer has been booked.

Cunts.

I figure at this point they must be taking the piss as no one is that bad at tech support unless they are doing it deliberately and I proceed to have a lengthy exchange of views with the support department where I may have used the words incompetent, risible, fuckwits and untrained monkeys.

On Friday afternoon I get a text saying the fault has been fixed. Indeed, my Internet does occasionally come back up. It then typically goes down again faster than Kraj's mum. CCCUUUUUUUNNNNNNNTTTTTSSSSSSS!!!!!

Annnnnd breathe. Wooosah etc.

Virgin high speed installation booked and lengthy sarcastic email sent to complaint department. Fuck you BT, fuck you.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Okee then, the continuing saga on Tenz's Internet; part 2, this time its personal.

Got an email from BT complaint department:

"We would not like to loose a loyal customer". Yup what a bunch of loosers

So virgin, who have been sending me junk mail every two weeks for about 5 years since the fibre cable was put in our street, pesters me rather a lot to make absolutely positively sure I was ready for the install. 5 emails, 3 texts to make sure I was ready.

I booked a day off, moved the furniture out the way, got a parking permit to make it easier for the guy to park near the house.

3.30pm THE DAY BEFORE they rang me up to say the prep team had been to the house and found the cable hasn't been run from the street to the property and then they cancelled the install and said they had to get their local contractor to do the work and it would be two weeks. Two weeks to get it done? I asked. No, they replied, two weeks to get an answer on when it would be done. They have no fucking clue when the installatiocan actually be carried out now.

I politely enquired why they didn't do the prep work BEFORE arranging the installation date. I got no answer.

CUUUUUUUNTS

Then, today, they sent me an electronic contract to sign starting from the date of the now-cancelled installation. I sent a response back asking why I was having to sign for a service I wasn't getting because they hadn't installed it and politely invited them to jog on and shove their contract.

They sent back a survey asking how my experience with the installtion had been! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaha... ha... sigh

Being a helpful person I sent back the dictionary definition of 'competent' so they would at least undertsand what it is they are supposed to aiming for.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Imagine trying to get Vodafone to set up a 100mb line and a 10mb backup with HSRP into the new premises at work, now imagine that piggy backs on Virgin Medias network, then imagine it piggy backs on BTs infrastructure.
Yep, 9 months in and we're still waiting....

I feel your pain, Tenz

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tiger313
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
... I can sooo hear Tenz say "CUUUUUUUNTS"

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:05 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Survey question 1: On a scale of 0-10 how likely are you to recommend our service to friends or family?

Tenz: 0

Survey question 2: Why did you give this rating?

Tenz: Because there weren't any negative numbers.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
/\__ Haha, brilliant.

Virgin Media just got done digging up our street and laying down new cables. Might give them a punt, TalkTalk TV is a bit shite, the youview box they give you is literally a large ugly brick, it's so slow...

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
I'm going to get Virgin... $50 for 50mb down and 10mb up.
By far the cheapest unlimited offering where I am... Lets hope they are better than their UK counterparts

Internet and phone contracts are way too expensive here.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
So Tenz, you managed to get fucked by both BT and Virgin in the space of a month? Bet you're feeling a bit loose now...
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
So Tenz, you managed to get fucked by both BT and Virgin in the space of a month? Bet you're feeling a bit loose now...

Yup, slacker than your mom! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yeah, I went there.

So did everyone else apparently! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem... sorry, its the drugs

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I'd hate you but it was too amusing a comment (and I walked into it) for hate.

Reminds me of a comment I read yesterday on a story about a mom on benefits with 8 kids buying herself a horse. It could very well have come from Tenz actually:

"After 8 kids she probably needs a horse..."
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: