Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
LARDMAN 2: Season 1 - Express Elevator to Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
LARDMAN 2: Season 1 - Express Elevator to Hell
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
(and Tenz only questioned a few posts back why I took Blast Padding)

Just don't get shot and you won't need the armour, duh!

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Subtlestrife

Post Reply with quote
19 days! ouch!

Guess that's what I get for being such a prop whore :P
Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Supply Raid - ADVENT Convoy (Reward: Goodies)

Team: Tenz, DodgeIt, Carter, Honelith, Masterluke

Description: Got some upgraded weapons so Carter is packing a magnetic rifle and Tenz has a mag pistol on this one, as well as Masterluke carrying a shard gun and a lightsaber...

Squad advanced under concealment and spotted an enemy group patrolling, one Muton (first encounter!) and two Troopers. After getting into a good position Dodge let fly with his new acid grenade and killed both Trooper, injured the Muton, shredded all its armour, and set it melting. No-one in a position to get a shot on the cowering Muton so Honelith suppressed it. It tried to shoot him back but missed because of the aim penalties, at which point Luke ran in and blew its face off.

More advancing and the next enemy encounter consisted of two Stun Lancers and a Trooper, who all took cover. Tenz shot one Lancer with his free pistol shot and then finished it off with the sniper rifle. Carter moved closer and injured the second Lancer but left it with two health. No-one else had any decent options so Dodge suppressed the Lancer and Honelith suppressed the Trooper. The Trooper shot at Dodge and missed, but the Lancer ran in and ducked away from the incoming fire, slapping Dodge with its dick... I mean... stun blade... injuring him. He promptly red-misted the exposed Lancer, and Tenz blew the Troopers head off with a sniper shot.

Last group of enemies was eventually uncovered and proved to be a Sectoid, Trooper, and a MEC. Luke ran in and sliced the Sectoid but it still had two health, which let Tenz in. He moved up, used another free pistol shot to kill the Trooper, and then fired a second round into the Sectoid to finish it off. The MEC succumbed to Dodge's last acid grenade, got a face full of fire from Honeliths minigun, and eventually collapsed into a heap from acid burns.

Promotions: Tenz is up to Sergeant and with Quickdraw can now fire three pistols shots in a single round. Masterluke gets promoted to Lance Corporal and, predictably, gets Blademaster... Dodge is injured for 4 days.

Props
Power Couple - Masterluke & Tenz
Solo Slayer - Tenz
Too Old For This Shit - Dodge
Unluckiest - Honelith
Literally The Worst (didn't win any awards and did the least amount of damage) - Carter
Not Bad, Kid - Masterluke
Most Kills In A Turn (2) - Tenz
Made Most Attacks - Dodge

Fight Club Awards: None this time.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
After that mission we got up to Plated Armour so here's Subtle modelling the new default FC uniform:

Also got every weapon up to the second tier so Gauss Rifles for the Snipers, Mag Cannons for the Grenadiers, and Arc Blades for the Rangers.
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
That armour looks sexy!

Also, not the first time I've had dick related injuries

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Destroy the Alien Relay (Reward: Boffin)

Team: Tiger313, Tenz, DodgeIt, Honelith, SubtleStrife, Fooicus

Description: Squad size is up to 6 (max) and so we have an extra man for the mission!

After moving towards the objective a suspicious raised highway beckoned. The squad moved up and, sure enough, there were a couple of enemies sitting on it, specifically a Sectoid and a dirty snek. After setting up for an ambush Honelith kicked things off with a frag grenade in their midst, injuring both and causing them to scatter for cover. Foo promptly picked off the fleeing Sectoid and Tenz nailed the snek.

Moving to the other side of the highway a MEC, Officer, and Trooper were spotted on a nearby rooftop. After they scattered Tiger used his drone to shut down the MEC, while Tenz used a free pistol shot to nick it then moved closer and dropped a grenade down on the Trooper's head. Honelith got a flank on the exposed Trooper and finished it off with his cannon, while Dodge lobbed a frag grenade at the Officer to injure it and destroy its cover. Foo promptly used a free pistol shot to fire at it, missing, but got it on the second shot.

Subtle had been sneaking round the side of the buildings headed for the relay, but uncovered a trio of Sectoids hiding by it. With only two turns left he used Run 'n' Gun to get inside the building to a light bit of cover and fired at the relay, damaging it heavily. This let Tenz drop down from the highway, run up, and destroy the relay with a pistol shot. Tiger used his drone to destroy the still-stunned MEC and the rest of the squad moved into position to support against the Sectoids.

As the aliens began their turn a nearby civilian turned out to be a Faceless, and the first Sectoid managed to mind-control Subtle! The second one moved up, fired, and missed Tenz, who promptly drew his pistol and fired back but also missed. The third went into overwatch inside the building as the Faceless charged at Honelith, getting wounded by Foo's pistol in the process but avoiding the fire from Dodge. Luckily it missed Honelith, although it did destroy his cover.

With a squadmate under mind control and four aliens on the field things got hectic. Tenz risked the overwatch to move into the building, dodged it, and got a bead on the Sectoid who was controlling Subtle. He managed to injure it with a pistol shot but it still had four health. Dodge fired an acid grenade at it but although it was left with one health it wouldn't be enough to prevent a possible turn with Subtle as the enemy. Foo fired his pistol at the Faceless again and scored another hit, giving Tiger enough chance to kill it outright with his own shot. Honelith then managed to get close enough to launch his last grenade at the mind-controlling Sectoid, killing it and freeing Subtle. Subtle immediately ran to high cover, flanked a Sectoid, blew its head off with his shard gun, then ran into further cover. This left one Sectoid who could have been smart and got a flank on at least two different Clubbers but instead decided to raise a psi-zombie. Tenz hit it twice with pistol shots and then Dodge finished it off with his cannon.

All other aliens dead, a single Faceless suddenly revealed itself. That proved to be the only thing it would get to do cause Subtle caught it with a critical and blew it to pieces!

Promotions: Honelith gets an overdue promotion to Sergeant and picks up Heavy Ordnance. More grenades woo!

Props
Solo Slayer - Subtle
Made Most Attacks - Tenz
Power Couple - Tenz & Dodge
Unfinished Business (fought the hardest after a teammate died/evacuated/incapacitated)- Tiger
Loves Being A Turtle - Honelith
Mister Congeniality - Foo
Leaf On The Wind (ran through the most overwatch fire) - Tenz
Hates Sectoids The Most - Subtle

Fight Club Awards: I'm actually giving out a few here. First of all Subtle gets a Silver Spock for putting the mission before his own personal safety and making sure the relay could get destroyed in time, despite ending up mind-controlled. Then I'm going to give a Bronze Bones to Tenz, Dodge, and Honelith for basically saving someone's life as if they hadn't ended the mind control Subtle would probably have killed one of them on the next turn...

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/xcom-2-digital-deluxe £18

If anyone is thinking of getting XCOM 2... I've just taken the plunge.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:30 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
And if you'd made that decision just a few days ago you could have picked it up for $12 in the Humble Subscription thing along with some other games

Well worth it though, over 100 hours in so far.
Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
DodgeIt wrote:
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/xcom-2-digital-deluxe £18

If anyone is thinking of getting XCOM 2... I've just taken the plunge.

Sweet, bargain, thanks.

Neonin wrote:
And if you'd made that decision just a few days ago you could have picked it up for $12 in the Humble Subscription thing along with some other games

Well worth it though, over 100 hours in so far.

Oh gawdamnit

Quote:
"The only thing you can do with a rowntree's fruit pastille is chew."

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:39 am View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Fooicus wrote:

Oh gawdamnit

Yeah that was my reaction too!

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
To be fair I picked it up for about £15 a week or so before that offer appeared

Oh and a little hint: Don't play Ironman mode. You'll enjoy such XCOM bullshit as:
- Moving soldiers next to a truck that suddenly explodes on the next turn despite not fire effect or visible damage on it, either killing or gravely wounding your soldiers.
- Moving a soldier one step to the side and revealing an enemy pod full of bastards you SHOULD have been able to see from the soldiers original position.
- Soldiers who have abilities you want to use on enemies not being able to see them despite absolutely nothing blocking the line of sight.
- Enemies hiding behind phantom cover that's supposed to be destroyed already (although you can too so that's double-edged).

It's still a brilliant game but without the ability to call BULLSHIT and reload to the previous turn you may end up punching your screen... (from someone who's doing an Ironman run for the achievement and is wondering WTF made me decide to do it...)
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:

Oh and a little hint: Don't play Ironman mode. You'll enjoy such XCOM bullshit as:
- Moving soldiers next to a truck that suddenly explodes on the next turn despite not fire effect or visible damage on it, either killing or gravely wounding your soldiers.
- Moving a soldier one step to the side and revealing an enemy pod full of bastards you SHOULD have been able to see from the soldiers original position.
- Soldiers who have abilities you want to use on enemies not being able to see them despite absolutely nothing blocking the line of sight.
- Enemies hiding behind phantom cover that's supposed to be destroyed already (although you can too so that's double-edged).

It's still a brilliant game but without the ability to call BULLSHIT and reload to the previous turn you may end up punching your screen... (from someone who's doing an Ironman run for the achievement and is wondering WTF made me decide to do it...)

Yup that sounds daft

Quote:

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:

Don't forget the enemy on a floor below you shooting you through the floor/walls even though you cannot see it

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh and as well as those Tenz you'll like this one:

On my C/I run using only four soldiers I have a Grenadier. This Grenadier has the following properties:
- Shredder: Works.
- Suppression: Works
- Heavy Ordnance: No matter what I do or what I put in the slots it will not give me the bonus grenade.
- Volatile Mix: Not affecting grenade damage in any way.
- Salvo: Works.
- Saturation Fire: Comes up with a cone that starts small at the soldier and then gets smaller the further away it is (complete opposite of what it should be) and will not actually hit anything, enemies or cover.

So basically I'm running through the second-highest difficulty with the handicap of only four soldiers, and one of them is almost completely gimped

I'm still gonna fucking finish it just to prove a point, fuck you XCOM!
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Well...killzone is OP

Quote:

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: