Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Paragon - new MOBA from EPIC

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Paragon - new MOBA from EPIC
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Paragon - new MOBA from EPIC Reply with quote
'Tis pretty nice.

Paid early access started today, will be free to play with open beta some time in summer. They're releasing new heroes every 3 weeks (13 so far in early access) which you don't pay for, you have paid skins and paid xp pots which means nothing as all that does is speed up skin and emotes unlock progression, the gameplay is really good so far with a more casual approach to MOBA and less of the teamplay annoyances which plague LoL/DOTA 2, I don't like much them much, but Paragon is more my thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4TbV0CGWJM

Check it out, the graphics are brilliant and the heroes look great, it's a hell of alot of fun in this early state where you can find cards and build decks and progress their effects through the match giving the game great customisation options depending on the situation.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Did you go the $19.99 route? Also if you have not I suggest you play Smite, MOBA done extremely well (Third person)

Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Went the $60 package with a code to give to a friend which gives them the $20 package. I do like the look of SMITE but from the gameplay vids it's all flat terrain? There's no climbing up high to attack from above or hiding inside caverns below? That's what I like about Paragon, there's elevation in the map, great for getaways or ambushes.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Smite plays like a traditional MOBA but has several modes but in third person and without most of the micromanagement and in my personal view is a better play experience for noobs like me!

Paragon looks interesting, watched some youtube very pretty looking but the actual play area seems to lack any "personality" for want of a word. Gameplay looks your bog standard MOBA fayre though.

My moneys on Overwatch !

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Overwatch is a decent take on Team Fortress 2, comes out in May though? Seems so faaaaaaaaar away.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
May 24th...same day as Warhammer Total War, bugger!

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
what is MOBA

Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
what is MOBA

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, Duh! :P

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yep, loving this game, too much fun, needs a health warning!

If anyone wants the Founders Pack which sells for around 15, all I ask for is 10. The Founders Pack gives you early access so you can play right now (it's paid early access right now, but free open beta in the summer), there's no wipes or resets ever, so what you have earned from now until later in the year when it releases is yours to keep, that means stats, unlocks, achievements etc.

So yeah, if you fancy a cool new MOBA with solid gameplay and top notch visuals, throw me that tenner and you have yourself PARAGON, if you find yourself enjoying the game, you can upgrade to challengers founders pack or masters founders pack in game (more perks).

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/founders

The left side shows you what you get with the Founders Pack.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
ojejq

Post Reply with quote
Hello Fightcubers.
Vizix and I are recently playing Paragon. If any1 wants to join us, we are daily @ Discord.
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: