Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Desert of Black
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Desert of Black Reply with quote
No one writing about it?

I read the sandbox thing, saw the graphics and thought why not.

It is very nice looking but not amazing, it is very very very far from a sandbox however, well maybe it might get more so at later levels but at the start it is the usual questline of pointlessness. Kill x of y stuff.

I did not get past that really.

Basically I need to just avoid all this kind of junk. Looks you lot mostly have or have not admitted to buying it anyway

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/11/black-desert-online-review/

It actually sounds kinda interesting, definitely different to your standard MMO fare...
Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Unlike most MMOs, which are unequivocally focused on killing stuff and then—maybe if you feel like it—some light crafting, Black Desert is a sandbox with a multitude of ways to spend your time.

Nope. The first hour or so involved killing x of y and moving from one area to another to learn all the combos your character has. Combat is "aimed" as in you just spam left click to hit something near to you and then do various totally over the top unrealistic combos that usually kill the fox or wolf or whatever it is you have to kill x of y of.

Quote:
Black Desert Online is also gorgeous. While the character models can be beautiful in their own way, I’m far more in love with how convincing and organic the world feels.

Nope. The graphics are nice but also nothing special. What irked me most was that NPCs and a lot of the environment was purely there for image, you can walk through NPCs adding to the unrealness of the world. Grass and trees looked lovely but nothing our of the ordinary. Buildings did look nice however.

Quote:
Objects will pop into view constantly, and it can be really distracting as you move about in dense cities.

Again adds to the un-immersive nature of the game.

I am sure had I given it a lot more time I might have found it to have other features like ArcheAge but from the initial hours played it was pretty much the same feeling as ArchAge but much less refined. The whole game just played "clunky", badly worded, with cut scenes being forced in. It is far from a smooth experience like ArchAge was.

So yeh maybe give it a go if you have the time and it might offer up some new variance to the standard MMO fare but starting a game with hours of killing x of y does not give a good first impression.

Unless you love these "cookie cutter" MMOs then avoid.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I watched this first impressions vid. The guy is a bit of an eejit, but it gives a good cross section of the features/gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyFrRcdbYC8

I think it looks good. Defo a bog standard MMO if I've ever seen one, but some of features are pretty cool. Visually it reminds me of GW2.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Been aware of this for a while but it went straight in the meh pile for me and felt unworthy of the FC Forum

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
well, at least you can get some joy by reading the title in a South African accent

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
well, at least you can get some joy by reading the title in a South African accent

Diplomatic immunity? - ty lethal weapon2!
Waaat brid?
Braaaan Brid?

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Really want to try this one, anyone got a spare 7 day free pass thing please?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I'll check with my dad tomorrow mdk, he's been playing it recently and loving it so far. Drowning his donkey on accident by falling into a river was one of the highlights so far apparently, but last time I talked to him he said donkeys are for n00bs and he's breeding horses now
Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Neonin and I'm sure that's a handy tip for beginners, so thank your Dad for that one too.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Urgh why do I keep thinking it's Thursday? I'll see him Friday, let me know if you source one before then
Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I also wouldn't mind giving it a go. So I request the same request that which Neonin did also request...that of.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
All sorted. Sorry Kryo his pack only came with one guest code, but if I find out anyone else I know is playing I'll see if they have any spare if you haven't got in by then!
Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Neonin and your awesome Dad.

If I like the game and buy it, I'll send you a guest code Kryo if you haven't found one by then.

Sun May 01, 2016 11:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
No worries, cheers dude

Tue May 03, 2016 9:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: