Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Overwatch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Overwatch
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Overwatch Reply with quote
Blizzards team based arena shooter is on the way and Pre-purchase is up, starting at £29.99. (Gives 21 heroes)

Quote:
Overwatch™ is a team-based shooter where heroes do battle in a world of conflict.

The art style looks good and gameplay looks promising but not sure it has enough grit or oompph! Reminds me of TF2.

First thoughts from RPS
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/06/overwatch-beta-first-thoughts/

PCGamer
http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatchs-new-characters-are-the-missing-pieces-of-the-puzzle/

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:18 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Been watching a streamer play this one the past few days, graphics are nice, good detailed heroes and nice maps but the biggest fault are the same few lines the heroes shout out constantly. It gets really tiresome because it's really badly written I think, TF2 with all their cries and wisecracks never got old because there was so much variation and well written. In Overwatch, you'll hear the same 2 lines on and on and on, eugh. The characters aren't as strong from a personality perspective as TF2's, which made TF2 all the more fun for me.

But the good thing is that each hero feels unique with lots of interesting abilities. The most intresting hero is Tracer, she has 2 pistols, can teleport forward and throws a sticky bomb that does lots of damage, but her ability to rewind time, basically she goes back to her previous state from a few seconds ago with what health and ammo she had and her location was on the map, so you could go in guns blazing, lose most of your health and use up all your ammo, go back in time by a few seconds and you're all good. Or Reinhardt who is a big guy clad in armour and swings a mighty hammer who can charge into people pinning them to a wall and killing them instantly, line it up well and you can kill several or knock many enemies out of the way. Or Pharah that's like a futuristic Rocketeer that can jump jet into the air and unleash a barrage of mini rockets decimating the ground below.

Only 2 game modes available so far, Payload and Point capture, exactly the same as in TF2. But nowhere near as fun imo from what I've seen. But this game is all about building up your ultimate ability and unleashing them at the right moment to push your advantage, not sure how I feel about that. Simply charge up your ultimate, wait for it and make a push which can really mess up the enemy team as some of these ultimates are quite devastating. Like a healer who can revive all her dead team mates around her, or an assassin who can unleash a huge spirit dragon that travels in a straight line passing through walls and killing anyone who crosses its path.

I'll definately buy it, it looks like a good take on TF2, just hope they balance the game to make ultimates not so advantageous.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
It looks really interesting, I'm definitely going to get it being an avid blizzard fan anyway. Might aswell get the special bundle that comes with tracer for HOTS aswell whilst I'm at it. Hoping I get invited to Beta soon, if I do I'll fill you guys in on how it plays.

Recommend Summit1g's stream if he's still streaming overwatch (he lives in the states so you'll only be able to stream him in the evenings), he's a good player and the people he plays with are very funny.

Quote:
"The only thing you can do with a rowntree's fruit pastille is chew."

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
9.7 million dl'd and played the beta across all platforms, I wonder how many will buy it? Should be a solid playerbase on this one I imagine! 10 days to go

http://blizzard.gamespress.com/OVERWATCH-IS-BLIZZARDS-BIGGEST-OPEN-BETA-EVER-WITH-97-MILLION-GLOBAL-P

Sat May 14, 2016 8:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I played it during the beta and already had it pre-ordered, I've found it very enjoyable so far

Quote:

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Sat May 14, 2016 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Did you splash out for the Origins version Brune?

Some useful easy to digest newbie tips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_lrilSEqOE

Sun May 15, 2016 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah £32 from GmG. CDkeys was banging them out for £26 at one point but I went the recognised site route.

Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Shit I coulda saved myself some beer tokens, I never though blizz would sell online keys through a third party! Never mind though

Quote:

Sun May 15, 2016 7:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I think I'll wait for Overw....oh.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 am View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure why, but this game really doesn't tempt me....

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
How is it then, Brune? Still looking like a winner?

Was tempted to give it a second chance, but it's 50 fook-hing quid on the PS4!! Not paying that for an unofficial Team Fortress 3

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying it. A lot to learn in respect to map layouts and how each hero handles and who counteracts who. I like the fact you can change hero to adapt to each game you play and that your not locked into just one for each round.

I have limited play time these days but have racked up about 14 hours and I am currently level 22 (which means I have some nice skins/emotes/sprays etc) Yeah being a Blizzard title it's top dollar, snagged my Origins edition for £32 online (PC obviously ), even my tightarse is happy!

@Dodgeit - I think you will like this m8

Nice beginner guide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_lrilSEqOE

Pros

1. Good variety of fun to play heroes (21 in total). (Tanks/Support/Defence/Offence)
2. Good map designs and variety
3. It looks great and plays brilliantly on my aged computer
4. Team based gameplay
5. Great FPS/PvP gameplay
6. Toons actually quite balanced in the main
7. Verticality! Some heroes fly, others wall climb so it makes for some interesting and exciting gameplay.
8. The game is fun.
9. Cheats getting the ban hammer already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWIbWIr_i5E

Cons

1. PUG groups who play SP deathmatch!
2. Getting smashed up by a pro team!

My current fave toons are

Junkrat

Soldier: 76

Pharah

Torbjorn

Take a gander at the available characters here:
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/overwatch/Characters

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
7,000,000 players apparently, should suck up the cost of their movie which is bombing!

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-already-has-more-than-seven-million-players/

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yup, it's a top notch game.

Love junkrat myself but purely for the comedy value.

Recently got into Genji but prior to that my favourite heroes were Widowmaker, Hanzo and Mcree.

Quote:

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I wonder what the magic is with this game? Is it just that good or is the popularity a crowd puller? I didn't get it in the end because I know I'd get suckered in and have no life and I have so many games to play already. But yeah, I must resist!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: