Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Empyrion - Galactic Survival
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Empyrion - Galactic Survival Reply with quote
Empyrion Ė Galactic Survival

I know ..yet another survival game BUT this one has a bit of vision and scape to it. Graphically it's not going to set the world on fire but it might tick a few gaming boxes for some of the gentlemen here

Quote:
Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world, space survival adventure in which you can fly across space and land on planets. Build, explore, fight and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers. The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters

The procedurally generated, vast galaxy features endless space, asteroids, planets, and fierce enemies. Empyrion is about building and survival in this hostile galaxy. You can build everything out of blocks and building parts like in Minecraft: large starships, small spaceships, space and planetary stations, as well as facilities such as mining robots and solar panels.

Your mobile home base is a self-created starship (your mothership) that is able to fly from planet to planet and warp between solar systems. To access and explore a planet, you build one or several, small spaceships that can enter the planetís orbit and land on the planetís surface. Equip your mothership and spaceships with weapons to defend yourself against other players and NPC enemies.

For building and construction, you must gather and mine resources. You will find these resources on planets and asteroids. Empyrion features several planet types such as desert, ice, lava, barren, oceanic, temperate and gas planets. Each of them is different and has its own characteristics and potentially unforgiving conditions. To survive, you have to adapt to a planetís unique environment. Initially, you face an uncharted universe with only basic information about the planets, their resources, and (potentially dangerous) life forms. Before your first landing on a planet, you will not know exactly what awaits you Ė be prepared for any surprise.

Webby
http://empyriongame.com/

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saK35xRzzuQ

Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Someone on RPS described it as Space Engineers with content. I'm fucking doomed.
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Pre-alpha gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUH6YSHw7UE

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
WTF is an ego-shooter?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
WTF is an ego-shooter?

lol probably a little reference to the e-peen filled FPS genre

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Any combat?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Any combat?

Yes FPS combat.. co-op/sp against AI. (check the vids you lazy sod!)

I think PvP is dependant on EA feedback.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Cost.......currently 10% off so £12.23

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Really tempted!

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Not a bad price, only downside another EA game etc. I think it could provide a good few hours of pissing about gameplay for the builders/ocd gatherers amongst us though!

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
*cough*
Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh no you didn't?! :o

I await your feedback! :D

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Four hours in and I'm enjoying it. Just had my first death when I went to investigate shiny lights in my new, yet unarmed, hover vehicle and got blowed up by nasty drones and turrets. Going to start a new game again now that I know the basics.

I forsee many an hour spent on this for me... and I haven't even got close to getting off the first planet and seeing what else is in this solar system yet!
Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I look forward to playing it if it overcomes the odds and actually makes it out of EA.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Don't bother with ground vehicles unless you have a road or only like exploring flat terrain or water... You can arm them but the basic forward-pointing gatling guns you can build without getting off the planet can't hit shit if it's even slightly above or below you and you can't move the nose vertically in any way unless you're going up/down a slope.

Then you get stuck in a canyon going over bumpy terrain, spend half an hour trying to dig your way out, and finally realise that for almost the same resources you could have had an aircraft with none of these problems so strip the hovercar for parts and hoof it back to base on shank's pony.
Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: