Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
XCOM 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
XCOM 2
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Looking forward to it but I wish it was a bit more... something. Three extra baddies and some squad cohesion stuff mods have already put in before this don't strike me as enough for an expansion really, but I thought the same about Enemy Within and I ended up enjoying that so what do I know?

It's XCOM, baby, I'll still get it eventually
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well, seen the price of it? £35. :o

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Whaaaaaaat? I wouldn't be buying it for a bit due to holiday, but £35? For an expansion? That only adds to the existing game?

Fuck that. Sale it is, I love the game but no way am I encouraging that sort of pricing even if it means we don't get XCOM 3. Fuck 'em.
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I ain't touching it at that price unless the reviews are glowing. Over £80 to buy XCOM 2, the season pass and it's new expansion.

Edit. Just checked greenmangaming, you can get it for £25 using 2017E318OFF code.

Last edited by mdk on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Got it for £25 from GMG after I read Firaxis promises it'll have twice as much content as Enemy Within which I loved. So it seems to be a big expansion and after some reading the new enemy types and recruitable hero classes with their own upgrade tree looks good, and The Chosen are new enemies kind of like the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor where you'll be fighting them again and again, they have their own strengths and weaknesses and they'll remember previous fights with them so it becomes like your own game, lots more to like too. That voucher expires 19th july I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjeQ_TNRP0Y

Worth a watch if you're an XCOM fan to see what the expansion adds. :D

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh I understand that it's meant to add a significant amount to the game... but to a game whose conclusion I've already discovered. The ending won't change, the story line is basically the same. I'll definitely play it at some point, but it's if much less interest to me than something that would expand on the end of the game and deliver new story content
I'm weird like that
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, you're a weird one!

Nah, I see what you're saying. I've not yet completed XCOM 2, completed the heck out of XCOM 1 and EW, but I held off playing too much XC2 to wait for all the DLC to get released so I can play the game as a whole...Wanted to replay XC2 now but then I learn WOTC is integrated into the main game, wish it had a whole new campaign to cater for everyone that's completed the game...Lazy devs charging a premium, tsh.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh ffs, will one of you lot cave in and buy this so I'll know if I need to?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/24/xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen-review/#more-471539

Still not paying £35 for it...

However at the mention of this bit:
Quote:
The much-maligned mission timers have been dialled down significantly too – I always found that they did a good job of forcing me to engage rather than being excessively cautious, but they proved too stressful to less obsessive XCOM players and now only make occasional appearances

Tenz will be on it like a car bonnet, the dirty whore
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Skimmed through that review, don't want to spoil it too much for myself, looking good though. 4 more days. :D

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
IT'S OUT. And the reviews are looking solid! 30GB download apparently though! :O 30GB for a DLC? :D That's an expansion, not a DLC.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:40 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Been playing XCOM 2 all day yesterday, War of the Chosen is fantastic. I like the way they change how the game starts, cleverly making it seem like the new factions were always there. The new additions like designing your own propoganda posters after every mission and letting you change their pose, write your own message, choose the text style, colours, filters, backgrounds, overlays and many otehr tweaks and then seeing them get used in-game, it's pretty awesome. The game is more smooth too, before I was getting like 50-60fps on max settings, now I'm getting 80-90fps (but you won't get those performance improvements unless you purchase wotC, not sure how I feel about that...). The way your soliders can form bonds which unlock abilities and perks is interesting or the fatigue system so you have to let them rest and the chosen which hunt you down are pretty strong and are a real threat. It adds so much good stuff which further deepens the gameplay.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: