Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Elite Dangerous: Now on steam!

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Elite Dangerous: Now on steam!
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Elite Dangerous: Now on steam! Reply with quote
As per title, currently at the usual price of 39.99

Sale ftw!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
"39.99"

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
"39.99"

That's the real problem we have all become conditioned to expect to get games at a much cheaper price, mainly due to the shear volume of PC games released and available. Back in the day we didn't blink an eyelid at laying down 34.99-39.99 at our local game shop for a copy of the latest big release.

The publishers/devs/etc have such a wider and bigger customer pool/audience now though with it being the digital age (and at the same time less overheads like shop space, hard copy manufacture and mailing costs), I wonder how many copies more they would shift if they sold new AAA games for 20-25 off the bat instead.

Off at a tangent....How much did you end up paying for GTA V Lugs (assuming your re ordered after cancellation? ) That's my other problem as well, I now like my games to preferably be on steam and all other copies of GTA V on the web are non-steam unfortunately..yes recently I have considered GTA V as a purchase

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
32.85 m8 for a boxed copy, not bad for a AAA eh ? and it's a game i'll play through at least a couple of times.
it's convenient on steam but if there's no extras then you're paying premium for that convenience. is it worth it ? not to me, might be to you.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Elite is certainly worth the money at that price.

Currently i am on Arena Commander for my space ships fix

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
32.85 m8 for a boxed copy, not bad for a AAA eh ? and it's a game i'll play through at least a couple of times.
it's convenient on steam but if there's no extras then you're paying premium for that convenience. is it worth it ? not to me, might be to you.

For me it is really important. I just like everything to be in my steam library. Not sure why but it feels messy if the game is not in steam.

Silly really.

I can not imagine the PC gaming market now without Steam, it has total and utter dominance at present.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
they are bringing an expansion to E:D, you can land on planets and fuck around on there. Sounds fun, but it'll cost you 40, or 30 for existing customers. lol, fuck that.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
they are bringing an expansion to E:D, you can land on planets and fuck around on there. Sounds fun, but it'll cost you 40, or 30 for existing customers. lol, fuck that.

That was always their business model, unless you paid 250 off the bat like some foreign dignitaries round these here parts!

Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
BuggerLugs wrote:

That was always their business model, unless you paid 250 off the bat like some foreign dignitaries round these here parts!

I thought this option was still available? But is ending soonish?

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:28 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
that's their business model ? wowee
They must be relying on getting bank rolled by some nostalgic rich IT consultants. Sadly, as much as i'm enjoying the game (and sleep), I'm not in the slightest interested at that price.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah it's way too steep, when will they learn. Sell it at 10 and probably sell 10x more copies.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:32 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: