Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Get the disk space ready!

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Get the disk space ready!
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Get the disk space ready! Reply with quote
I think Star Citizen might need it's own SSD!

100gb client size expected

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-client-expected-to-be-around-100gb/

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:39 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Fook meh!

I am in the process of DLing the Public Test Server at the moment - 24 hours of patching so far...

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Two double-layer Blu-rays...wtf o_0!

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Well i read that one ship took 100mb of data due to all the damage states. They have changed this system now so it takes about 10mb.

This is Crysis Engine at max capability and even the starting systems are going to be incredibly detailed.

I just finally patched and I serious took about 30 mins just looking at my Freelancer in the hanger. There is so much detail in the ships it is crazy. There is not much info on how many ships will be able to be in one battle at any time and things like the use of LODs has not even been confirmed but it was suggested that they were looking to numbers in the hundreds so there must be some pretty clever programming going on to allow for that many ships all in FPS mode not number crunching like Eve.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: