Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Elite: Dangerous Release Date
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Elite: Dangerous Release Date
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Dammit my predictions were off, Tenz managed to stay mad at the game a whole day longer than I expected before loving it again
Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I manfully resisted spending 100 on an X-52 HOTAS system for an entire week, then spectacularly caved, went to buy one, found you couldn't but you could get the pro version for 130 so got that instead.

I have no willpower when it comes to shiny things

I aslo have no patience when it comes to fucktard developers putting my single player games online and then not making the servers bombproof so I can't play my SINGLE PLAYER GAME because the MULTIPLAYER shit is fucked. AGAIN. CUNTS.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
That makes me feel slightly better about spending 40 on my HOTAS and around 35-ish for VoiceAttack and a new voice for the computer
Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I can't play my SINGLE PLAYER GAME because the MULTIPLAYER shit is fucked

WHAT ??????????

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It's all one giant 'connected' galaxy. There is a multiplayer mode, full of ganking little shits trying to compensate for some real-life inadequacies no doubt, and there is a Solo mode, but it it isn't an offline solo mode so when the servers are fucked liked they were earlier, you can't play it.

Doesn't matter of you only ever want the damn universe to yourself, if the mutliplayer shit aint running, you aint playing.

And while I'm ranting ( ) if I want to play the original Elite I still can, same with Diablo I and II. In 10 years though, I won't be able to play either this or Diablo III because there won't be any servers to host it.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I was half tempted to get it, even though it is a rip off. im not so interested now.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
It's all one giant 'connected' galaxy. There is a multiplayer mode, full of ganking little shits trying to compensate for some real-life inadequacies no doubt, and there is a Solo mode, but it it isn't an offline solo mode so when the servers are fucked liked they were earlier, you can't play it.

Doesn't matter of you only ever want the damn universe to yourself, if the mutliplayer shit aint running, you aint playing.

And while I'm ranting ( ) if I want to play the original Elite I still can, same with Diablo I and II. In 10 years though, I won't be able to play either this or Diablo III because there won't be any servers to host it.

You can play single player perfectly well though if you want. Chose solo play option and you will not see another player ever.

Why you would want to do that is upto you in my opinion it is the online part of this game that is of any interest.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
Tenz wrote:

You can play single player perfectly well though if you want. Chose solo play option and you will not see another player ever.

Why you would want to do that is upto you in my opinion it is the online part of this game that is of any interest.

Tenz does not play well with others!

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
Tenz wrote:

Tenz wrote:
... blah.....swear...rant... full of ganking little shits trying to compensate for some real-life inadequacies no doubt, and there is a Solo mode, but it it isn't an offline solo mode blah....swear....rant.... .

It's ok mate, I wouldn't read it before replying either

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I read your post but I don't get why it matters if you are online and solo or offline and solo. The online part allows for the market to work and the galaxy to "live" but in solo you do not get the annoying ganking little shits. The servers are rarely down.

A lot of people got upset about the always online thing but I don't really see why.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
the simple matter of the servers being down ?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The fact that my single player game is available at the whim of a third party is definitley an issue. With a online multiplayer game you take that chance, it should never apply to a single player game.

There is also the fact that the servers will eventually be permanently down and at that point I will no longer be able to play my single player game ever again. Basically I have rented it for the duration the publisher decides to keep it open.

You may be happy with that. You may think that is not a big issue. Many would disagree.

The first game didn't need it. The second game didn't need it. The third game doesn't need it.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
The first game didn't need it. The second game didn't need it. The third game didn't need it. The fourth game doesn't need it.

Psst Tenz... fixed that for you Advancing age etc etc.
Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:44 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Each to their own I guess but it would not stop me playing it, that would be a shame and you would miss out on a great game.

That being said. I have hardly played it since lauch!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:03 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
Tenz wrote:
The first game didn't need it. The second game didn't need it. The third game didn't need it. The fourth game doesn't need it.

Psst Tenz... fixed that for you Advancing age etc etc.

We don't talk about the one that wasn't finished and didn't run on a non-dos system

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: