Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
EVOLVE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
EVOLVE
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
No Counter Strike?! I lost a significant part of my life to that game back in the day

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Yes I suppose CS should be on there

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Counter Strike just couldn't hold my interest, people raved about it, it was the most popular game at the time and I just didn't see why, I'd play a few rounds and get bored, I enjoyed DoD more... But after sampling and being addicted to the amazing gameplay of Natural Selection (squad play+strategy+ever changing goals), it pretty much killed deathmatch shooters for me and I leaned towards games with coop and deeper team based play with group objectives. Looking at that list it's easy to see my preference for games, hence why I like EVOLVE so much. :D

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Here's a good interactive trailer which lets you switch perspectives during the match, pretty nifty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSugIJqkOs

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I watched a load of gameplay of it and even though It's still not really my cup of tea, it still does look like a total blast. Probably get hold of it when it goes cheap.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yes, no? That commander guy explaining the situation looks and sounds very familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S95_FVIZIUU&feature=youtu.be

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Evolve's Evacuation, Explained

Yesterday, you saw the story trailer, the exposition to the journey of twelve elite hunters deploying on Planet Shear. But that was just the beginning! Today dive into the campaign that is a combination of modes..."Evacuation".

Check out this mode's breakdown, which altogether can provide over 800,000 possible paths! Evolve will have a replayable experience; to find out more click on this link:

http://evolvegame.com/news/evolves-evacuation-explained

Interesting, so it's like a branching path of game modes with map voting to choose which territory you'll head into next spread over 5 days with different objectives where wins and losses will have positive and negative effects for the bext round. Day 5, the Defend mode seems like alot of fun, you need to fend off waves of Monster minions while your escape ship refuels.

Quote:
BUT HERE’S THE TWIST:

Remember that “800,000 variables” number we were throwing around up top? Every time that you win a match, there is a campaign affect applied to the next map you choose. So, as one example, the Dam is saved and the Hunters win for that day.As a result, the workers are able to power up Perimeter Fences, which cut neighboring maps into half sized portions, creating an interesting advantage for the Hunters. That’s just one possible game-changing outcome from one map.

If you want to go with a picture being worth a thousand words, we put together a quick map of Shear and an example of how just one round of Evacuation could go.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Out 11pm tonight, it's already pulling in 8/10 and 9/10 reviews, looking good so far!

CAN'T WAIT! Been itching for a solid multiplayer game since, well, Natural Selection 2.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8003383/evolve-review-xbox-one-PS4-PC

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12957-Turtle-Rock-Studios-Evolve-Review

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/evolve-review/1900-6416026/

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:29 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
A brilliant video which sums up the game in 7 mins, breaking down what's on offer and what you'll be able to do in the game.

http://youtu.be/mX2VKXhyElc

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It does sound really good. Will pick it up at the next sale.
Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Dat DLC, it's a shame the DLC is somewhat overpriced for this game as it'll only spoil what is essentially a fine bit of gaming to be had! I think there's about £60 worth of weapon skins and monster skins available to buy in game (£1.59p for weapon skins which skins the whole arsenal for that specific hunter and £2.39 for each monster skin) or about £48 if you buy them as bundle packages. On the one hand, there's some nice looking skins if you're into customisation like in Planetside 2, so cherry picking the good ones is fine, but damn that's alot of DLC already! With 6 new hunters on the way, 2 new monsters on the way and loads more skins, it's going to get even more controversial! Evolve is a brilliant multiplayer game, it's not the first multiplayer game to offer lots of DLC but lots of people annoyed/angry/raging by how its handling pricey DLC, how it's going to offer lots of new hunters, monsters and skins in the near future but it will be offering free maps and game modes at least which is smart. I figured because Evolve is such an enjoyable game people are angry because they would like to buy it but feel as though DLC should have been included with the game, so they're either playing the game and raging about the DLC, or they're skipping the game but still hanging around raging about the DLC.

I purchased the Monster Race Edition (which includes all planned hunters and monsters) from GMG for £45 which sells usually for £60 on Steam. So I'll already have those 6 new hunters which will sell for about £5 each maybe and the 2 new monsters which sells for around £9 each I think. I'll easily get my moneys worth from this package, most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long, long time. It's a really fun, intense and competitive experience.

So, the base game has 4 classes, 3 different hunters in each class with their own unique weapons and abilities, so 12 hunters total, 3 monsters, 16 maps and 4 game modes, lots of medals, buffs and unlocks to earn. With lots of dangerous flora and fauna roaming these maps, lots of large mini bosses which can give you buffs once killed, the maps are beautiful and the game has a very interesting setting, there's a fairly sizeable game on offer for £25 you can easily find this on sale for, but I usually see people saying it's not worth the price?

Oh well, just watch this awesome ingame cinematic which portrays the game brilliantly and shows exactly what the fights are like, even the grabbing of a hunter and tossing them into the ground is in the game.

http://youtu.be/7-Uhh8SdvOw

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:48 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I've read there's been unrest and general complaints from people saying it had no content, so they had to patch stuff in on the fly (or something like that). What's that all about?

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Seems someone is spreading bullshit. Basically. :D

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Nah I read it on Forbes this morning. Something about that it has little content to begin with, and the DLC to add said content is a bit of a con, and people arent happy. Literally all I know on the matter. Not played or watched any lets plays of it, so don't shoot the messenger!

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/02/10/upset-fans-lash-out-over-evolve-dlc-lack-of-content/

I didn't mean you by the way, ofcourse! But that article? Well, only thing that changed was a cool campaign mode which got revealed after Alpha to give this game some added replayability, nothing has been changed or added to please the complainers, the complainers aren't happy at the expensive hunter and monster DLC which will come out within the next few months. The skin DLC's are fairly cheap, not sure how that poses a problem, it's just cosmetic fluff, but I hope they make hunter and monster DLC's cheaper due to all the negativity they are getting, but even the devs said they have no control over the pricing and that it's down to 2K to set the prices? Steam reviews are now getting mixed results, the negatives are catching up with the positives so I hope something happens to try and please everyone.

Turtle Rocks previous game L4D released with only what, 6 maps? You played as 4 characters that could only shoot, pick up health packs and painkillers/boosts and revive eachother, had campaign and versus modes, survival didn't get added until much later and 5 special infected characters. I paid £35 for that one and thinking back that game had major lack of content...Remove zombies and put in man eating plants and roaming creatures that hunt and kill eachother and kill you, remove special infected and put in huge mini bosses in the maps that offer a challenge for both hunter and monster and slap in a tank like monster which you have to hunt. Throw in 16 maps and 4 game modes, add in 12 hunters to unlock and play as with unique weapons and abilties, add loads of extras, unlocks, achievements etc and people freak out saying it has lack of content? Easily has 3 times more content than L4D1 thinking about it. :o

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: