Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
EVOLVE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
EVOLVE
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post EVOLVE Reply with quote
Anyone tried the alpha? People who own XCOM can play the alpha so it should be in your games list on Steam.

Played a few rounds of the evolve creature, seems a bit underpowered considering you are vs 4 other players, I don't enjoy it that much playing as the creature as you are easily found by the players and they throw all sorts of debuffs at you to make you slow and crap, lol. It's far more enjoyable playing as one of the hunters. It certainly has that L4D feel to it considering it's by the same devs, seems enjoyable so far but the game doesn't perform that well and it takes bloody ages because of annoying matchmaking to get into a game.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Good shout!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
F that.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
F that.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Had an epic game last night against an experienced monster player who knew the map well and hid most of the game, he got to evolve to level 3 by killing and eating prey and it was a very intense 20 minute fight, we won but barely. The greatest feature is the maps, they're infested with neutral and agressive plants and creatures, some small, some huge and bigger than the monster you're hunting but give you buffs if you manage to kill them, also killing them means the monster cannot feed on it I think so you can stunt its growth I think. You can also use these creatures to help attack the monster, they may start chasing the monster as it passes so you'll often check out what these creatures are chasing, flocks of birds can circle an area of fly off into the sky giving you more visual clues as to where the monster is, it's pretty fun trying to track the monster. If the monster player isn't careful, broken trees, or broken foliage and footprints give away where it's been so it's best if the monster is to crawl around in stealth mode or travel in rivers to not leave any footprints behind or broken foliage. :D

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/EvolveGame/status/529065922544164865

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Is this just a round robin MOBA type game, or does it have any more substance? Story, game modes etc?

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well, all I know so far is that there will be 12 hunters at launch, each with their own unique custom weapons and abilities and 4 or 5 monsters. There will be more gamemodes but they're not revealing anything yet, they'll start revealing more maps and gamemodes over the next few weeks to build up the hype train. There will be DLC for more hunters/monsters I think.

This big alpha has 3 maps and the Hunt gamemode, 8 hunters and 2 monsters.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Sounds on the face of it like there isn't really much actual game there apart from 4 guys shooting a monster, and vice versa. What are the map sizes like? Are we talking CoD style, or are they big enough to be able to act out scenes from Predator?

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, its main feature is the hunt or be hunted mechanic, it's a race against time to kill the monster before it evolves into a badass and takes down some power node you need to defend, not sure why yet. In turn as the hunter you may also need to flee and hide to allow your team mates to spawn back in from the dropship, which can be very thrilling and intense in itself. It'll have bots and a singleplayer offline mode should you wish to practise things against AI hunters or AI monster, I've spectated the AI hunters and it's pretty damn good, such as the AI medic will throw out lots of heals and will prioritise the heals, the AI sticks close to the group and the AI pet from the support class actively sniffs out tracks and helps you track the beast or will try to revive you if you fall. Hope they add some interesting things for singleplayer mode.

I'm still on the fence about buying this at the moment as we don't know what other gamemodes there will be, I'm hoping 1v1v1v1 Monster matches would be amazing or straight up Hunter deathmatch, king of the hill style game mechanics maybe or simply going around the maps killing the dangerous wildlife which can be challenging in itself. In its current form, the battle system is brilliant and alot of fun, it's like L4D coop in so many ways with an addictive TF2 style class system so they could easily make some very fun and varied gamemodes to support the brilliant gameplay, just hope they flesh it out with cool gamemodes.

I love the maps themselves though, the carnivorous plants and huge beasts which roam around add so much danger while hunting down the monster. The maps are very detailed with many routes and hidings spots and cover, there will be over 12 maps at release but the 3 maps so far are decently sized but with BF's openness, but you can go down deep into the maps or fly or climb up very high onto cliffs, you have plenty of space whether it be up, down, left or right but I used to think these maps were too small, but now the players are getting better as the Monster it's getting harder and harder to find them, so for balance sake the maps are an ideal size or you'd never find the Monster until it comes for you at it's max evolve state.

Quote:
Evolve will have maps in various sizes which will promote more gameplay variety. Some will give the monster more space to roam while others will encourage more combat.

So yeah, I bet the other maps will be bigger no doubt.

WALL OF TEXT!!!!

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Played a bit, didn't set my world on fire..one for the sales in a couple of years!

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Unreal Tournament - 1999
Natural Selection 1 - 2002
BF1942 - 2002
Planetside 1 - 2003
BF2142 - 2006
Team Fortress 2 - 2007
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - 2008/2009
Killing Floor - 2009
Natural Selection 2 - 2012
EVOLVE - 2015

EVOLVE now completes my top 10 best online shooters I've ever played. A damn fine list I must say!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daf
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I loved Unreal Tournament - 1999, was such a great game, i was an owner in it UT

Follow me on SoundCloud here https://soundcloud.com/x-daf-x
Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Cant take you seriously as your missing.

QuakeWorld.
TeamFortress ( Quake )
Q3A.

I liked Unreal Tourney, but Q3A was in my opinion a good dm/tdm competitive multiplayer game.

With the addition of a few subtle glitches that lead to unexpected but not unfair advantages.

Also combing your guns was great, nothing like flipping some up in the air with RL and gunning them down with RG.

Also Alien Vs Preadtor 2. Excellent MP game.

My problem with this sort of game though Is I find its always more fun been the monster.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:26 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Ah, Unreal or Quake, COD or BF, I preferred Unreal, Quake never grabbed me for some reason and I just loved the maps in UT99, especially CTF. :D

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, that multiplayer was also excellent.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: