Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
What Controller do you use for Space/Flight Sims?

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic

Keyboard and Mouse
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Xbox Controller or similar
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Stand Alone Joystick
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Hotas x55 type thingy
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Other specify please
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post What Controller do you use for Space/Flight Sims? Reply with quote
What are people currently using when playing games like the X series, flights sims, etc.

And what are you planning on using if you are going to be playing Elite or SC?

I have an old Logitech Extreme 3d Pro that I picked up second hand and I am using that but mainly keyboard and mouse. I bought the Logitech F710 wireless pad but so far have not got to grips with it.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Bought this just before getting ED:

Works like a charm along with Voice Attack.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Very nice

What is voice attack?

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neonin as Guest

Post Reply with quote
It's a program for voice control, lets you set voice commands for stuff. I use mine for raising/lowering landing gear, targeting, engaging supercruise/hyperdrive, moving power around, using heatsinks and shield cells, opening the galaxy map, deploying/retracting the cargo scoop, modifying sensor range, and turning ship lights on/off.

I also have commands set up to load music (can specify artist) and the latest podcast news from Sky News (same audio file they play on the radio basically) as well as tuning to certain internet radio stations.

Thanks to a plugin it also lets me have the latest news RSS from the BBC and NASA read to me, and I can also get the time and the local weather cause I'm a nerd

Best $8 I ever spent.

*Ford Edit, my mistake I left posting open to pubs, fixed now.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:39 pm
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oops, forgot to sign in.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Anonymous wrote:
It's a program for voice control, lets you set voice commands for stuff. I use mine for raising/lowering landing gear, targeting, engaging supercruise/hyperdrive, moving power around, using heatsinks and shield cells, opening the galaxy map, deploying/retracting the cargo scoop, modifying sensor range, and turning ship lights on/off.

I also have commands set up to load music (can specify artist) and the latest podcast news from Sky News (same audio file they play on the radio basically) as well as tuning to certain internet radio stations.

Thanks to a plugin it also lets me have the latest news RSS from the BBC and NASA read to me, and I can also get the time and the local weather cause I'm a nerd

Best $8 I ever spent.

Sounds very cool.

I will look into that when my new Surround Sound headphone arrive: Plantronics GameCom 788 USB PC/Gaming Headset http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LNJZTTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
is this something I need to get the beast out for ?
if only I hadn't lost a cable for it, the main one

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
oh yes, and the answer to the question is:
it depends on how arcade or simulatory it is. usual stuff was Saitek cyborg until I broke it, then X52 for the manley stuff like LOMAC.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
As you have six degrees of freedom in Elite it's very useful to have controllers that allow you to manipulate every axis. I have it set so joystick up/down is pitch, right/left is yaw, twist is roll, the rocker on the throttle is thrust left/right, and the up/down on the hat is thrusters up and down.

All the extra buttons mean there's less you need the keyboard for, although I rarely use them as the stuff I would have bound to them I have set up in Voice Attack.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Yaroze

Post Reply with quote
My Saitek X52 Pro flight thingymajigger will be arriving next week, looking forward to flying with a HOTAS setup

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Yaroze

Post Reply with quote
ITS ALIVE!

And its awesome, well once I learn how to fly with it...

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Wow, nice!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: