Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Battleborn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Battleborn
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Battleborn Reply with quote
Quote:
Gearbox Software, best known to many for the Borderlands series, has announced a new IP called Battleborn, a 'hero-shooter'.

Article (inc trailer)
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/battleborn/31226/gearbox-announces-battleborn#ixzz37yetLBdC

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3pgQc17JB0

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Re: Battleborn Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Quote:
Gearbox Software, best known to many for Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines, has announced a new IP called Battleborn, a 'hero-shooter'.

:D

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Tiger313
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Wait what... you get to shoot the game's hero?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Battleborn: For Every Kind of Badass (E3 2015 Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=UaQK7HX2CXE

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Looks alright!

Battleborn E3 Gameplay Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=jUa0VH48mPI

Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
It looks really good. I love the fact each character is a totally different playstyle. FPS genre needs more varied stuff like that.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
This game is fucking great.

And I'm not into MOBAs, online shooters, or general PVP at all, to put that into a bit of context.

Wed May 04, 2016 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately, after the disaster that was Colonial Marines, I won't be giving Gearbox a single penny.

Wed May 04, 2016 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I played some beta, I think they need to tone down some of the colour spam tbh! It was alright but my money is on Overwatch

Wed May 04, 2016 3:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I tried the Overwatch beta but got bored after a handful of matches. Just a bit underwhelming and 'by the numbers' for me, and never been into Team Fortress which I found it to be fairly similar to. Battleborn utterly blows it out of the water hands down, (in my opinion) but it is a very different game. I don't know why they are being compared tbh.

The game modes are so much fun. Each one is quite long, around 30-45 mins each (co-op and PVP), 25 characters to pick from, all totally varied but epic in their own right and definitely (at least) 1 for every type of FPS gamer. Very rewarding too in terms of unlocks and rank/leveling up, all of which come thick and fast. The in-match Helix skill-up system is situational and works well. The story mode is class, especially when running 5 man co-op, but can get a bit little 'gratey' in bits. As I said though, I've never got into the arena/moba PVP type thing not without lack of trying, but this has pulled me in, which is the main thing for me.

I know what you mean about the colour pallet and general chaos, which is an understatement. It's garish as fuck and always in your face, but I love it. It takes away the seriousness, and I never feel bad about losing/being killed. It's just too much fun either way. Also, this game has the best intro/prologue in any game ever. Yes...even better than Saints Row 4

It needs some balancing in Co-op and PVP, and there are some annoying bugs, one of which seems to be a cheese tactic which is making some games a bit shit and will be fixed in the next patch. Also, if you do story mode on online co-op, you only get the choice of voting for 1 of any 4 maps which means you cannot play them in chronological order. However, the episodes story wise are fairly standalone and aren't necessarily continuous. But still, I don't like this, and it's a big complaint so hopefully they'll listen and let us select any map to queue for. For now though, I find myself wanting to play the story mode on single player so I can do them from 1 to 8 in order. Which is fucking impossible as it's hard as nails on offline mode.

Overall, my first impressions are that It's one of the most fun games I've ever played, and would 100% recommend as long as the above gripes are sorted out. I'm even thinking about buying the season pass. For me to buy a season pass for a game is pretty much sacrilege, but I enjoy it that much.

EDIT: There is no ranked/competitive mode. I think this will make a big difference, so I hope it's something they are working on!

Last edited by Kryokill on Thu May 05, 2016 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Thu May 05, 2016 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Lucage wrote:
Unfortunately, after the disaster that was Colonial Marines, I won't be giving Gearbox a single penny.

I don't think you can judge them on that. I think they took over from another dev it and just tried to get it out of the way ASAP

Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:
Lucage wrote:

I don't think you can judge them on that. I think they took over from another dev it and just tried to get it out of the way ASAP

They outsourced to another studio. Ultimately they were in charge of the final product.

Thu May 05, 2016 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Having now played both I prefer Blizzards offering, especially as I can play as a nade spamming australian pyscho! (it's like a good old Thumper from ps1!)

Thu May 05, 2016 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
It looks shit.

Fri May 06, 2016 5:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Having now played both I prefer Blizzards offering, especially as I can play as a nade spamming australian pyscho! (it's like a good old Thumper from ps1!)

"I didn't bother playing Metal Gear Solid 5 because I played Uncharted 4 instead"

This and Overwatch are different genres of game and cant be compared other than being first person, online and colourful. Ya can play both and enjoy different experiences in either.

Cynical Brit gives a full info rundown of both/differences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMGrDUSGJU&feature=em-uploademail

Sat May 07, 2016 3:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: