Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Project Legion (Dust for PC?)
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Project Legion (Dust for PC?) Reply with quote
http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/02/project-legion-announced-a-first-person-shooter-set-in-the-eve-universe/

Quote:
This is a new shooter by CCP that will appear on PC. Rather than simply port Dust over—although the games do share some features—they’re creating something new.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/02/eve-legion-fps-announced/#more-205165

Quote:
Legion will be sort-of split between PvP bits like contracts and tournaments and PvE sandbox scavenging grounds with loot to gather, but they’re not wholly separate. Following EVE’s lead, it’ll have high-security PvE zones and low-sec ones. In high-sec, players are there to be chums and murder NPCs to share their goodies out like the best of friends, but low-sec will have friendly fire so, well, accidents can and surely will happen. It’ll have good old EVE-y trading too.

Video

http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#pbid=2ff6d6fff2b2457bb9ea2cfcf77dc25b&ec=NxcXBxbTqh8pIUWNGrvgS6eduQKFMvkW&docUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2F2014%2F05%2F02%2Feve-legion-fps-announced%2F%23more-205165

Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Watching the fanfest stream right now!

I'm so hyped! I'm glad they abandoned Dust 514... it is not a very good game, and was not even in the same platform as EVE, difficulting integration withing EVE's universe.

I'm praying to the old gods and the new ones for Project Legion to be an awesome shooter.
Fri May 02, 2014 5:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
This will be an mmo when launched...Might want to move the thread!

Fri May 02, 2014 9:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daf
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh i started in Stain when i started EVE Online, this looks rather shyte to me, CCP i hear need cash as everyone is making lots in eve and paying for PLEX's via in game cash, so revenue is rather low..

PS im selling a char if anyone want to buy one?

Follow me on SoundCloud here https://soundcloud.com/x-daf-x
Sun May 04, 2014 2:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Daf wrote:
Oh i started in Stain when i started EVE Online, this looks rather shyte to me, CCP i hear need cash as everyone is making lots in eve and paying for PLEX's via in game cash, so revenue is rather low..

PS im selling a char if anyone want to buy one?

CCP makes money off of every plex used in game, even the ones you buy with in game cash, because that means someone has paid for that plex with real money, and it's selling that plex to you in exchange for in game currency.

And I don't think they "need" money, as much as they "want" more money, because EVE Online is the only mmo so far that has been steadily increasing the number of active accounts year after year since launch (11 fucking years ago) no even WoW holds such a long record.

The thing is, they saw the new hunger for space games and want a piece of the pie. Problem is, with so much competition (Planetside 2, Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous and a long etc) it's gonna be tough to develop another succesful space fps mmo UNLESS they really make it different, as in sandboxy, and doesn't have shit mechanics (like Dust 514).

The problem CCP faces right now is that the core player base rejects any kind of change, and any introduction of new mechanics. When they were trying to implement and develop the Ambulation/Walk in stations/Incarna, the core player base screamed "muh spaceships" or "I don't want no sims in my spaceship" which eventually lead to abandoning any attempt to further develop the Incarna features. And now they are back to only developing spaceships, and not innovating or creating new mechanics for the game. That's why they are developing other games, to allow them to create new mechanics without the core player base shouting at them, and when the core player base gets bored of those core mechanics (in 10 years or so probably lol) they will have some experience developing other kinds of games.

Here's hoping project legion gets properly integrated with eve online the way it should, and gets us the most desired Walking in stations. A man can dream...

Sun May 04, 2014 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I want AMBULATION, the moaning bastards. Fucking hardcore sessin fessin rick rastedly!

EVE needs to change, even if it's this one small way, to bring in new blood. There's got to be some offset for the rest of the game!

Yes, I know that they improved the tutorial etc but it needs something else and, imo, Ambulation would have been that thing. Iirc the "hardcore" weren't so much moaning about ambulation as much as they moaning about how much dev time it was taking away from their precious space turn-based strategy game

Sun May 04, 2014 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Amazing news

Sun May 04, 2014 3:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
not that im going to buy one, but how much do characters sell for ?

Sun May 04, 2014 5:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
not that im going to buy one, but how much do characters sell for ?

Depends on the character, normally at least a few hundred. A pal from |2es sold one a few years back for about £500.

Sun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
witchking42
BR (Barrel Rank) 1
BR (Barrel Rank) 1

Post Reply with quote
I sold my first Eve Online character from back in 2003 after 6 years and got £475 for him.

Worst thing I ever did, as 2 years later, got back into the game and had to start again from scratch.

I'm currently unsubbed from the game, but may take a look at it again once Legion gets up and running.

Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
[I do not have mod rights on this section. Could it be moved to the MMO section where it belongs please?]

Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Is it going to be a large scale FPS ala PS2 or more like small scale stuff like BF4 via some sort of disguised lobby?

Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I hope it's persistent, and not lobby based single game sessions. Eugh...the ruination of the modern shooter, and the main reason why they are all crap. Has to be persistent, really.

Tue May 06, 2014 10:24 am View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Is it going to be a large scale FPS ala PS2 or more like small scale stuff like BF4 via some sort of disguised lobby?

I would say, by the things the devs said and the overall look of the game, that the battles will have a big population limit and they will be persistent but not like PS2 where you have a map and every faction conquers a part of the map after every battle. I think they will be persistent in the same way Red Orchestra's campaign battles are persistent: the winner of an individual skirmish gets some bonuses and extra resources + fame for their outfit.

There will be a level of persistence for sure if they are trying to integrate this shooter into the EVE universe. I hope they allow capsuleers to hire mercenaries. I want a higher level of interaction between both worlds. Otherwise this shooter will bring nothing new to the scene.

Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I have no doubt it will be persistant with character progression, my question is more about the battle sizes. I suspect maybe a hundred or so rather than thousands of players in each battle.

Tue May 06, 2014 12:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: