Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Sony reveals new post-apocalyptic Mmo game H1Z1
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Sony reveals new post-apocalyptic Mmo game H1Z1 Reply with quote
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Sony Online Entertainment has unveiled its next project, a massively multiplayer online game called H1Z1 that is set in a post-apocalyptic world. Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley tweeted that players would be able to play the game "soon".

A teaser site for the game has also gone live, which links to the official subreddit for the game. https://www.h1z1.com/

According to Sony Online Entertainment, the free-to-play game will see players "fight for survival" in a world ravaged by a fictional virus named H1Z1. Set 15 years after the initial outbreak, players will face the Infected, wild animals, and other survivors. The game will include scavenging and crafting elements.

Smedley also described that the game will feature a "sandbox style of gameplay", allowing players to craft shelters and fortresses.

It’s a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host...

Addressing questions as to how this game will differ to other post-apocalyptic survival games, Smedley said, "...It’s a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host (yes there will be multiple servers with very different rule sets). Why is that a good thing? It means a thriving economy (oh yes… there’s trading). It also means you have potential allies in the all-out war on the Infected... and many an enemy as well... The Roadmap system that we built for PlanetSide 2 will be used extensively to clearly communicate what features we’re working on and what you can expect and when.

The main thing that differentiates H1Z1 from the other great games in the genre is the emphasis we are putting on player ownership and building. We want you to be able to form roving gangs that are headquartered out of an abandoned warehouse that you’ve taken over... or a house you’ve built from scratch after having cut trees down and secured the resources to make it."

SOE is no stranger to working on MMO games, leading development on EverQuest II, The Matrix Online, and the upcoming EverQuest Next.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-reveals-new-post-apocalyptic-mmo-game-h1z1/1100-6418884/

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Re: Sony reveals new post-apocalyptic Mmo game H1Z1 Reply with quote
Lucage wrote:

Sony Online Entertainment has unveiled its next project, a massively multiplayer online game called H1Z1 that is set in a post-apocalyptic world. Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley tweeted

Honestly stopped reading right there. No more SOE or John Smedley messing it up in the background for me. Totally totally done.
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Re: Sony reveals new post-apocalyptic Mmo game H1Z1 Reply with quote
Kirbs wrote:
Lucage wrote:

Sony Online Entertainment has unveiled its next project, a massively multiplayer online game called H1Z1 that is set in a post-apocalyptic world. Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley tweeted

Honestly stopped reading right there. No more SOE or John Smedley messing it up in the background for me. Totally totally done.

Aye, remember selling my account to Prosieben Smed? Thought I'd forget Smed? Thought you would treat me like shit and still expect me to give you money Smed? Well fuck you Smed.

Not that I'm bitter

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
If its free to play i might give it a go and give them no money at all.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Sony finally seem to be doing things right so I am very excited about this. Look at PlanetSide 2 - beyond amazing, look at Landmark - very interesting, Everquest 3 - interesting again.

I hope they use the same engine as PS2 and have real combat but this is almost a given now a days.

Very interested in this.

I think the SOE hate is undeserved now. Back in the days of SWG then yes maybe but remember they were the ones that "created" or "found" the original PlanetSide and Star Wars Galaxies. They might have made some bad management decisions but on the whole I have had more fun in SOE MMOs than any other company.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:

I think the SOE hate is undeserved now.

Um... they sold all European accounts to an unproven third party without our permission. I had two all-access accounts since they began, about 6 years if I recall, suddenly I am no longer entitled to one because I am European. If I lived anywhere else in the world I would still be allowed that account. To play the games I wanted to play under the new arrangement was an increase of about 240%. That's a European only tax of 240%.

They pissed all over previously loyal customers just because they could.

Undeserved?! Not fucking likely!

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
when it comes to computer games these days I can't even say 'post-apocta*yawn*' without yawning.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 am View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Im interested in this one but its like dialed down so much. Let the early access, hype building bullshit pass but by then anyone who might have played it with me probably already burnt out.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
"My Evil ways" Pre-alpha trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDxajINxIyQ

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
This is the PlanetSide 2 engine being used

I am very much looking forward to this. I hope they do not dumb this down though too much. Either that or please make a hardcore server.

For a ground based traditional MMO/Shooter then I think this could be very much a contender for "The One"

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Look's like it's going to get cold! Weather system on the way, also being implemented in PS2

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/01/planetside-2-to-get-weather-system-new-h1z1-screens-show-snow-effects/

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh yes! Can't wait for weather in PS2! :D

Hizzy is looking pretty right now, hope it delivers!

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
well I tell you now, the hazy situation on the new Hossin is annoying as fuck. Does anyone remember the sand storms of PS1 ? great stuff

Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
ahh the good old sand storms How is Hossin Lugs? (thread hijack alert!)

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Chopping down trees and crafting a bow, plus other stuff (video within article)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-01-chopping-down-trees-and-crafting-bows-in-h1z1

Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: