Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
EQ Next Landmark
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post EQ Next Landmark Reply with quote
Anybody going to buy this? I wasn't fussed but I've been watching some streams tonight and it looks like alot of fun, well, if you're into sandbox games and you had fun with Minecraft/Terraria/Starbound and want an MMO free to play version.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Read some bumph about it a while ago but not seen anything on it since (besides the monthly emails asking me to cough up 20 squids to get into alpha / beta / whatever...tsk!).

It will probably run like shit on my current PC so for that reason...I'm out

*update*

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit
Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X4 or higher
Memory – 4GB RAM
Hard Drive – 20GB Free
Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher
Sound Card – DirectX compatible
Internet – Broadband (3Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit
Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory – 8GB RAM
Hard Drive – 20GB Free
Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card – DirectX compatible
Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)

Fuck me sideways o_0 I don't even scratch the minimum spec

GL with this, whoever maybe buying it, let me know wagwan once you;ve had a chance to try it out, there's a good fellow

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
NDA got lifted as they are happy with how the game is, which is a good thing!

I heard the game is completely free once officially released, but right now you pay into either Alpha or Beta access with some perks you take with you into the official version of the game.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
It really annoyed me that Europeans with a SOE account weren't allowed to sign up for the beta without creating a Pro7 account. That alone is cringe worthy for me so I will likely keep my distance from this game. Beyond that, it looks alright I suppose.
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Masacre wrote:
It really annoyed me that Europeans with a SOE account weren't allowed to sign up for the beta without creating a Pro7 account. That alone is cringe worthy for me so I will likely keep my distance from this game. Beyond that, it looks alright I suppose.

Yup, no more Tenzbucks for joo Smedley, you cunt UT

The monumentally fucking stupid thing is that the European players that had Station access accounts were SOE's most dedicated customers, and they just fucking sold us to Prosieben! The man has the business acumen of a fucking yak!

At this point I's rather use a £20 note as bog paper than give it to Smedley

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Not sure if that's correct masacre, maybe those without SOE accounts already as I signed up fine for beta with my existing SOE account.

From the FAQ

Quote:
Q. I am a European customer. How can I play EverQuest Next or EverQuest Next Landmark?

A. European players will play Landmark through SOE directly. For EverQuest Next Europeans will play with our partner, ProSiebenSat.1 Games. You can find out more on PSG's website and sign up for the EU beta.

So EQN Landmark is handled by SOE. I bet they go the PS2 route and allow euros to play EQN via their existing SOE account if they have one.

Last edited by brune on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Sony Online Entertainment Fuck Ups - powered by Dr Oetker's Pizzaburger.
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Watched a couple of vids on this last night. Gfx look okeee. Music was typical but not unpleasantly so o_0!

Char models / style looked like they borrowed heavily from one of their kiddie friendly f2p offerings, tho I forget the name as i type this. Free Realms perhaps?

Landscapes all created via voxels...look great but reminded me of every image that I ever created via Vista (not the pro edition, one of the freebie jobs we used to get on cover discs!)...in the 90's

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VistaPro)

Ah...coverdiscs

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Jeremy Soule is doing the music for this game and EQN.

EQN theme below. :D
http://www.twitch.tv/m/394659

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I may buy into it as the building tools are immense, the fact you can scale every object, stretch it, rotate it, curve and smooth edges, you can build anything you can possibly imagine. Once people get used to the tools and get good at it, it'll be interesting to run around and see what's out there. If I go for the top tier, I'll have 4 closed beta keys to hand out to peeps which starts in March I think.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/11/landmark-castle.jpg

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Not sure if that's correct masacre, maybe those without SOE accounts already as I signed up fine for beta with my existing SOE account.

From the FAQ

Quote:
Q. I am a European customer. How can I play EverQuest Next or EverQuest Next Landmark?

A. European players will play Landmark through SOE directly. For EverQuest Next Europeans will play with our partner, ProSiebenSat.1 Games. You can find out more on PSG's website and sign up for the EU beta.

So EQN Landmark is handled by SOE. I bet they go the PS2 route and allow euros to play EQN via their existing SOE account if they have one.

Maybe they changed it after I tried or something. Back when I tried to sign up for beta with my SOE account it wouldn't let me and told me to go sign up with Pro7. After that I just thought "Well fuck em".

[edit]

Alright, I just checked out what the heck "landmark" is because I missed reading that bit. Why would I want to beta test that? The actual MMO is EQ Next and what I said is still correct regarding that. However, since this is a topic about landmark and I accidentally missed that that was a thing, my post was and is off topic. So I shall discontinue discussing it here.

Last edited by Masacre on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Bah, sucks! Can't buy the top tier pack at $99, it switches to UK £ which makes it £75...Feck that. Tried to cheat it and used VPN, but SOE is smarter then I... Might try switching my SOE account address to an American address and try again later, but I doubt that will work either. I don't mind paying £60 for it as it's a free to play title and the perks are nice, but £75 is too much tbh.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mmm I think their system is flawed, I signed up for EQLandmark beta with my SOE account and it automatically registers you for EQN aswell from what I can see.

@mascara Landmark is for the crafters and creative types m8, think minecraft, terraria, starbound etc but for the EQN. The more creative stuff will be actually used in EQN, yep SOE have got their playerbase to buy into the creative tools early and make them a shed load of content... dirty bastards!

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I will refrain from discussing the the EQN bit since that is off topic. But regarding Landmark then yes, that is basically it what you just said. It's a tool for SOE to get free content out of players to put into their games. IMO a very shitty move, content should be paid for.

Alright, I will put this last bit quoted regarding the tie in from EQN to EQN:Landmark and SOE/Pro7 but then I will let it go in this topic:

"Attention European customers; If you live in one of the countries listed below, you are only applying for the EverQuest Next Landmark Beta program. In order to apply for the EverQuest Next Beta program, you will also need to apply via ProSieben.Sat1 Games."
Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/982/view/forums/thread/399533/SOE-will-sell-your-Landmark-creations-and-keep-60-of-sales.html

Not sure how it works if your buildings are included in EQN, but if I made an interesting structure and they asked to include in EQN, I'd be over the moon. :D

And...Can't change my address in my SOE account settings, outwitted by SOE again!

Need to find an American to gift me the Trailblazer pack and paypal them the money, haha...not going to happen sadly.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: