Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
No Man's Sky...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
No Man's Sky...
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Some micro stutters for me (even on the main screen), but plays very smooth (on my 970) at 60fps, so that micro stuttering is strange, but visually the game looks like turd, lol. Maxed out the graphics options, still looks bland. Even got FOV set to 90 and it still feels too zoomed in, it's very console. And alt tabbing out of the game breaks it. :s

First impressions aren't that good, but we'll see how it goes!

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Anyone having FPS issues, in the options, put the lock FPS to max and it should fix it.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Technical issues can be fixed, what is more worrying is the complaints about the content. If it is just another Elite, pretty but ultimately dull, I'll be gutted

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
Technical issues can be fixed, what is more worrying is the complaints about the content. If it is just another Elite, pretty but ultimately dull, I'll be gutted

This is exactly what I have read in a couple of preview articles where concerns for actual meaningful content were raised, currently the price tag would seem steep if it's just procedural monotony and thus ultimately dull.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Seems enjoyable so far, most of the micro stuttering has vanished. Having fun exploring the planets, unlocking all the outposts and scanning things on that planet to get a nice payout for making discoveries and then you upload your discoveries to get another payout. Running across random technologies to build and enhance your own is the icing on the cake as you run around exploring. Been playing it all afternoon/evening today and it hooks you in. There seems to be alot to do and discover at the beginning (obviously) so will see how it is after a few days play to see if it's short on content or not once I learn the game some more.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
If your curious about No Man's Sky but on the fence, these are worth a read:

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-critics-think-of-no-mans-sky-so-far/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/15/no-mans-sky-pc-review/#more-390221

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Seems enjoyable so far, most of the micro stuttering has vanished. Having fun exploring the planets, unlocking all the outposts and scanning things on that planet to get a nice payout for making discoveries and then you upload your discoveries to get another payout. Running across random technologies to build and enhance your own is the icing on the cake as you run around exploring. Been playing it all afternoon/evening today and it hooks you in. There seems to be alot to do and discover at the beginning (obviously) so will see how it is after a few days play to see if it's short on content or not once I learn the game some more.

Just. One. More. Discovery...I know what you mean

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Tenz wrote:

This is exactly what I have read in a couple of preview articles where concerns for actual meaningful content were raised, currently the price tag would seem steep if it's just procedural monotony and thus ultimately dull.

I honestly don't think that it's for everyone, but I like it.

The devs have always said that it's an exploration game first and foremost, and the other bits have been added for variety. I wish I could get some of my screenshots up...from the PS4. I'll work it out!

Found some cool flying Conger Eel-type of creatures (probably more like flying graboids!). I've seen portal gates, two of them but no idea how to activate the bloody things, on planets with multiple planets in the nights sky.

I've fought space pirates and beat them (tip, switch between mining laser and cannons - it seems to help as the mining laser is like an instant hit). I've killed countless sentinel drones.

I've...well I guess I've played too damn much! I'm still in-game poor, not really found any decent cash generators (read as easy money!) but I'm slowly upgrading...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
saphir
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
reading a lot about this game, watching youtube videos, seems to be a game just made for me - exploring, no hectic, adventure - but 60 Euros?
Is it worth?

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
saphir wrote:
reading a lot about this game, watching youtube videos, seems to be a game just made for me - exploring, no hectic, adventure - but 60 Euros?
Is it worth?

I'm going to blame Sony on the price, as they've part funded the completion!

But, if you like:
- [almost] endless exploration
- weird alien ruins
- weird alien NPCs
- weird planets
- extreme weather conditions inc radiation, acid rain, heat, cold etc...
- varied (and occasionally bugger all) flora
- varied (and occasionally bugger all) fauna
- mining for resources
- swapping out your multi-tool (part gun part miner) and your ship

...then I'd say yeah it's worth it.

If just one them doesn't tick a box then wait for the inevitable price drop.

You get a jetpack btw...If you want to see the three videos that I uploaded to yuchub just PM.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
Carter wrote:
saphir wrote:
Is it worth?

But, if you like:
- weird alien ruins
- weird alien NPCs
- weird planets
- mining for resources

You get a jetpack btw...If you want to see the three videos that I uploaded to yuchub just PM.

I'm going to end up getting this in a sale eventually. I like the look of it, but not at its current price point

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
saphir
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
DodgeIt wrote:
Carter wrote:
saphir wrote:
Is it worth?

But, if you like:
- weird alien ruins
- weird alien NPCs
- weird planets
- mining for resources

I'm going to end up getting this in a sale eventually. I like the look of it, but not at its current price point

I agree.
yes it looks good, yes it seems to be a game just made for me, but not for 60 Euros, I will wait.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It's shocking how much Sean Murray lied about this game.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/

People are recommending Empyrion - Galactic Survival instead of No Man's Sky. :D

Maybe Everspace will deliver eh?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Grabbed it at launch. I find the survival element of it just sucks the life out a little bit. Its just a bit niggly and a lot of your game time ends up mining plutonium to power your ship's launch thruster. And when you farm enough to last you a while, it then becomes a farm for inventory space. Aside from that it's nice to play, and literally everywhere you look is an awesome classic sci-fi style vista. Sort of awesome but boring.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
It's shocking how much Sean Murray lied about this game.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/

Clearly at risk of sounding a bit like a fan-boy with this bloody game but other than the multiplayer (crossing paths but very little interaction, oh and highly unlikely too -> doh!) bit, the game is exactly as I understood it to be!

And that's from someone who has watched loads of interviews, demos from the man himself, and the IGN shit in the months leading up to launch.

Yes I even watched the hour long tech demos where he shows off the sliders and the tech behind the generation algorithm etc.

I really didn't expect it to be any different from what it is now and I'm not sure why people thought it would be "more".

The price though...I tend to agree. It's should never have been a full price release, maybe 25 squids or so.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: