My TS server is about to run out.

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Forum/TS Issues View previous topic
View next topic
My TS server is about to run out.
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post My TS server is about to run out. Reply with quote
As some of you know I've been playing WoW for the last few years and recently took a break from the game completely as I got bored with the game mechanics and needed something else for a bit. In that time I was in a guild called Master Brewers (changed to The Brewmasters when we switched server) and played with what I regard as some of the most lovely people on the internet, they are absolutely smashing people and I love them dearly like I do all the old time fight clubbers.

My teamspeak server which I purchased for us brewers to use runs out in 10 days and it will cost me 100 to pay for another year. I really want to help them out and pay to keep the server running but I really can't justify the expense on my behalf for a game I don't play.

I've been in Fight Club for 10 years now, and even though I left the planetside game and was very much into WoW for many years I always considered myself a Fight Clubber and never left.

I would dearly love it if you let me justify dropping the 100 on the server and letting it be the fight club TS home. It will allow me to keep my very good friends together in one group, help out my WoW friends keep their voice home, and make the gaming community even bigger.

@Lugs: I release you are not happy about one person potentially throwing his proverbial toys out of the pram and running off, but to me FC is much more than planetside 2. Infact my time will probably start decreasing in the game as at the moment I find it a little unbalanced but FC is a gaming community to me, I love the steam group we have and can't wait to play Battlefield 4 and other games in future because this community transcends any one game. My only regret is that I didn't keep in touch enough over the years as I thought FC was primarily planetside 1 only.

Let me know what you think, it would mean so much to me.

PS: Lots of women play in The Brewers, just sayin'
Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:48 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
ok I see what youre saying, so we must consider thus:
1. these two entities will probably never speak to each other.
2. you will need more than a 50 man (50 just for FC).
3. you'll have to give SA to a few of us.
4. you'll have to let RM do his thing.
5. I can help with payment, but the other group should contribute their share.
6. it can't be with multiplay.
7. how could some FC people reboot the server when required.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Okiedoke lets sort this:

1) Game wise I'm sure people won't speak with one another but there are some very sociable people in the brewers who will always have a chat in lobby if they can. Xanethia who is essentially the guild master could talk all day long and she will talk to anyone

2)The brewers will probably need 15 slots three nights a week at most. I'm not sure if more than 50 slots is needed, I would recommend going with a 50 slot server and see how things go, if we need more we can upgrade instantly and I'll help/front any costs associated.

3)If I was in charge (I really don't have to be tbh, I just want to try and keep a home for Fight Club and The Brewers for voice purposes) I would give anyone any voice capability they need.

4)Not sure who RM is? Do you mean remote manager?

5) I'll front any costs for the brewers and sort out payment with them later.

6) Don't mind who we are with

7) An admin password login online should be able to request a remote reboot, but this is account based ( as in credit card details) so not everyone should have access too it. Unless there is some way of doing this with a provider, needs looking into.
Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Scratch what i just said, I just found out the Brewers have set up a new TS server on their own so they are sorted, sorry for the time wasting
Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
1. are people happy sharing with (nice) strangers ?
2. the current 35 man has been known to fill up, this could happen in the future, is 60 an option ?
3. cool
4. Reignman, he edited ours and added the graphics and icons.
5. I can send you money for 50% of the costs.
6. we've had problems with Multiplay, our current provider.
7. yes - currently one man login (personal details, cr card). it could do with sorting though.
8. the multigame structure with silly things (ANNOYING BREATHERS) needs to be maintained.
9. it could be good for a couple of extra recruits in other games.

ours runs out on Wednesday, last day of ops is Tuesday.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
oh lol, sorted then

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure on the quality of the TS they have, hopefully its not just one guy running ti on his comp. I'll leave the thread here just in case and try to find out quickly in case its still relevant.
Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Forum/TS Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: