Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Division (a third-person shooter MMORPG)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
The Division (a third-person shooter MMORPG)
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
It doesn't look special but seems fun and the graphics look nice on console with its detailed city, so expecting great things on PC, not even sure why it spent so long in development, unless it has a fleshed out singleplayer campaign to blow your socks off? The only good thing is the PVP obviously, going in and killing, grabbing the loot and trying to make it out before someone chases you down and takes it back, you only lose the loot, not the gear you enter with right? It's quite intense but don't yet see the longterm appeal, hope there's more to do to keep it interesting.

Is it worth a buy? O_o

I cannot see it justifying the extortionate 2016 game prices with long term appeal from what I've seen so far, but until played, I suppose it's hard to judge. Nowadays though, if you're on the fence about a AAA game, it means it probably ain't worth buying at RRP price.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:38 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:
Nowadays though, if you're on the fence about a AAA game, it means it probably ain't worth buying at RRP price.

True, true.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Is it worth a buy? O_o

Watch me play it this evening and find out.

www.twitch.tv/lucagearts

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Kryokill wrote:
Nowadays though, if you're on the fence about a AAA game, it means it probably ain't worth buying at RRP price.

True, true.

Well, at least until it has been reviewed by youtubers and found to actually work on PC *coughbatmancough*

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Lucage wrote:
mdk wrote:
Is it worth a buy? O_o

Watch me play it this evening and find out.

www.twitch.tv/lucagearts

That;s my evening sorted! I hope you prove me wrong!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
If my girlfriend is about, you might even get to witness a domestic. They're always fun when I'm streaming!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Lucage wrote:
If my girlfriend is about, you might even get to witness a domestic. They're always fun when I'm streaming!

Welsh folk arguing. I have Italian grandparents. If it's anywhere near as funny as an Italian domestic, I'm all in.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I'll give it a dabble over the weekend, got key from nvidia.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
To sum up, clunky gears of war/watchdogs mashup, a little underwheming, generic and copy paste gameplay. Kinda had fun, it's not shit but would I be playing it weeks or months after release..probably only days.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
To sum up, clunky gears of war/watchdogs mashup, a little underwheming, generic and copy paste gameplay. Kinda had fun, it's not shit but would I be playing it weeks or months after release..probably only days.

I managed to get a beta key, as it's been extended till tomorrow. I pretty much agree, especially with the clunky-ness. It doesn't handle very well and feels way too heavy. No crouch, jump, or anything of the sort apart from a dive roll and a 'press x to go into cover here' thing. Overall, the gameplay is a tiny bit naff. Got bored reasonably quickly and went back to playing Borderlands 2; A 4 year old game which ISN'T an MMO

They just don't know how to make em these days.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it runs like absolute shit on PS4. Feels less than 30fps for teh most part, with even bigger drops pretty much anywhere, and with the smoothing settings on on my telly, you just get shit loads of screen tearing.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:58 am View user's profile Send private message
theomandus
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
got my key of G2A the other day on PC - been playing for a few days - pretty impressed and might dabble in pc release - hit me up of you wanna farm newbs on the DZ homies

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Heard far more good about this then bad. I'm very interested, be interesting to see everything open up that's locked off in beta, the amount of loot and variation is amazing though and the PVP mechanics seem enjoyable if slightly too softcore...I really was expecting more for PVP, but who knows, maybe we'll see more fun PVP stuff at release, here's hoping!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:13 am View user's profile Send private message
theomandus
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Its a good premise, but without ppl online playing it, its a bit lame going solo mode in it... MM with randoms is well and good, but you dont know them from adam and 9/10 they're arseholes...

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Heard far more good about this then bad. I'm very interested, be interesting to see everything open up that's locked off in beta, the amount of loot and variation is amazing though and the PVP mechanics seem enjoyable if slightly too softcore...I really was expecting more for PVP, but who knows, maybe we'll see more fun PVP stuff at release, here's hoping!

I'd wait until it hits a tenner on steam m8 There are more superior pvp shooters out there without the guise of "mmo" and "rpg". It felt like a glossy version of APB Reloaded with a cover system but no vehicles and in a smaller setting.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theomandus
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
mdk wrote:

I'd wait until it hits a tenner on steam m8 There are more superior pvp shooters out there without the guise of "mmo" and "rpg". It felt like a glossy version of APB Reloaded with a cover system but no vehicles and in a smaller setting.

You knows it, Dayum, APB - thats a blast from the past mate - been like 3 years since i dabbled in that game

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: