Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Recent patches!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online View previous topic
View next topic
Recent patches!
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:

Hey I might be wrong. Dumbing it down and taking forever to make any meaningful changes just might be the right way to run a successful F2P MMO

As awful as it sounds, that might be true. Many would argue that League of Legends is a dumbed down version of the original DOTA (which let's be honest, in some aspects they are right) and it has become the most succesful F2P game out there, making tons of moneys.

Would that work with a game focused on mech battles? Probably not, but you never know. Mechs are just not appealing to the general public. Just look at Pacific Rim, first high budget American Mech movie and it barely managed to get any atention. Hell, it even got less atention than Transformers...

I think the problem with Mechwarrior Online is the theme of the game which just doesn't interest a high amount of people sadly. The game is dead before release.

It's a shame, cause I love this game. Let's just hope the devs don't dumb it down too much.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sokoprok

Post Reply with quote
Hi Tenz, good to see you too and your spirit has not dampened!

They keep talking about this silent minority as well and it's doing my bloody head in. I found a site the other day that showed how much detail they went into when they were creating the maps and the related lighting effects of each map and how the rest of the buildings were buried under the snow and all this shit and I just thought, if you'd spent a bit less time poncing around with that you might have had some form of iteration of Community Warfare (shite name) on the go. Instead they've pissed off everyone who spent money on the game, fucked up telling people what they're doing when they expect to do it and why and continue to try and shove mech sales and all that sort of shit down our throats. Although, all the variants of your Orion are available for MC now

I still drop in and have the odd game but I hate the fact that all I'm doing is earning money at an extremely low rate and making no headway into what should be the main bulk of the game - Community Warfare. I can rarely go beyond one game at the moment, even with my loovely Jagermech (that I ashamedly bought with money).
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I keep logging in and just not being bothered to hit the Launch button... I want to stompy-stomp but my heart hurts where PGI smacked it with the $$$stick
Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well fuck me sideways, they actually launched it! Great news! UI2.0 is live, community warfare is live, the clan invasion is coming!!!1!

Erm, well actually I lied, it's live, none of the rest of it is true. Maybe PGI can explain the difference between the game in beta yesterday and live today because I'll be fucked if I can work out any differences.

There is an event running; play 24 games in the next 2 weeks and you get a free cockpit item.. woot? I can't be arsed.

I just... words fail me at how much of a non-event this is. This explains where they went wrong, but do they even give a shit?

http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Arma 3 went live, and you go er whats the difference? Seriously from now on I will not play a game till its released long enough to be in sale or have such a positive community response on release.

At least that way I can maintain savings of pre-order without the bullshit "beta" crap.
Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
Well fuck me sideways, they actually launched it! Great news! UI2.0 is live, community warfare is live, the clan invasion is coming!!!1!

Erm, well actually I lied, it's live, none of the rest of it is true. Maybe PGI can explain the difference between the game in beta yesterday and live today because I'll be fucked if I can work out any differences.

There is an event running; play 24 games in the next 2 weeks and you get a free cockpit item.. woot? I can't be arsed.

I just... words fail me at how much of a non-event this is. This explains where they went wrong, but do they even give a shit?

http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/

Just read that entire article. Let's just say that my early Founders Package reimbursement is now, if possible, even more sweet than it was before. How a company can handle their customer base this badly is just mind boggling. It also makes me laugh even harder at the narrow minded apologists that keep defending companies that pull this kind of crap.
Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I think I'm more disappointed in how this turned out than I was in Planetside 2. I understand why SOE made PS2 the way they did and while it isn't the type of game I wanted it to be or that I'll spend a lot of time in, they still made good progress with it. While SOE may not have stuck to the original design goals that was for mostly good reasons as the game evolved.

However, PGI seems to have gone backwards, I really did enjoy the game a lot more during the closed beta even with all the bugs.

One of my main concerns has always been the lack of a weight limit. The whole of BattleTech is designed around balanced drops which you just don't get in Assault Sniper Mech Online at the moment.

It means the current sniper meta game (which has been running for months and months now) was always going to happen. If they implemented a drop-ship based system where you choose 4 mechs at the start and change when one gets destroyed, you can then implement the weight restriction and make people think about what they bring to a fight for a change.

I have no idea what they have been doing for the last year but that shitty windowed UI when you log in should have been one of the first things they got rid of, not one of the last

The really annoying shit is that the game STILL has so much potential but I have no confidence whatsoever that these numpties can pull it out of the bag now. Of course not listening to your core players because they are 'not the demographic we are aiming for' is just so monumentally fucked up they deserve to fail UT

Last edited by Tenz on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Wow... Just... wow.

Let it die and hope someone better picks up the IP.
Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
You know you are in trouble when they make a Downfall parody on Youtube

The cancer reference is to Sarah's Jenner, a charity mech they released a while ago that sold rather a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NWrkvHW_O7o

Stupid thing is I'll still play it when they release UI2.0. However, they need to look at the recent news that Warhammer Online is closing after 5 years and realise that will be them if they don't sort it out

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sokoprok

Post Reply with quote
Those Youtube vids are brilliant!
Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
January update time! 4 months after the last one and so much has changed.... yeah..... wait...... um.... it's coming! ..... .... oh yeah, new mechlab icons for Hunchbacks!

A few more mechs, a few more maps (some are very nice indeed), a new game mode not noticeably different from the others...

Hit boxes have been changed apparently. Didn't notice & my Dragons die just as fast as they used to before they raised the side torsos by a whopping 5%

AC20 & AC10 rounds were slowed down... funny, I remember them getting sped up back in the day. Hey ho.

So FOUR MONTHS after launch when we were supposed to have UI2.0 and Clan Wars we have neither. However, they have changed the graphics on the Catapult weapons so you can more easily tell what they are carrying because that was really important shit to be working on.

The game does feel more polished but it's the same crap played in the same way. The weapons still aren't balanced e.g. SRMs now just suck monkey balls, you only use Narc if you are drunk and flamers are still a complete waste of tonnage.

I'm playing a few rounds here and there. It's still fun in small doses, it just hasn't moved on in any significant manner since closed beta finished. 12 v 12 covers a lot of faults as there is a greater variety of mechs on the field but it means steamrolling happens way more often too.

I'll be on TS next Wednesday if anyone fancies a brief Stomp Night reunion. Might be a bit ore fun with a few of us. Probably not

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I actually played a few rounds last week, seemed alright to me..even though I sucked being a complete n00b now

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
I actually played a few rounds last week, seemed alright to me..even though I sucked being a complete n00b now

ELO is in but if you haven't played in a while it will probably stick you in the middle bracket. Just keep sucking for a while and it will drop you down to players of a similar level of incompetence

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I keep this patched and ready just in case... I suppose it might be worth a revisit next wednesday
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I would, but I've already uninstalled it. Enjoy though!
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: