[Star Conflict] MMOFPS Space Game on Steam

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
[Star Conflict] MMOFPS Space Game on Steam
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post [Star Conflict] MMOFPS Space Game on Steam Reply with quote
It is all in the title. Where has this been hiding then? Ok here is the blerb.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212070/

Key Features:

A Fleet at Your Fingertips - Take command of varied battleships, from nimble scouting ships to heavy frigates loaded with guns and rockets. In due time, you can command your own fleet.

Choose Your Path - Each ship can be used for strategic missions—investigate the area, hunt enemies from the shadows, or gain support from allies. The impressive arsenal of weapons and gadgets available will help with your success.

If You’re Not With Us, You’re Against Us! - Form an alliance with friends to create a deadly squadron of elite pilots. Enter your name in the annals of Universe history. Send enemies scrambling when they see your ship approach!

Gain Experience and Skill - However strong and dexterous you are as a pilot, there’s always room to improve. Develop your abilities, establish specialized skills, and perfect your tactics. You could rush into battle full-force, operate stealthily from a distance, or sneak around your enemies and strike a crushing blow from behind — the strategy is up to you!

When I get home from Thailand I will DL and let you know. It is not going to have anything near to Eve's depth but it is an MMO full twitch combat. That reminds me what ever happened to Infinity if that is what it was called...I am off to do some research in this my favourite section of the forums.

Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Looked at this when it appeared a few months ago, research lead me to believe it is very much PAY2WIN so I avoided like the plague.

Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Now here's some thread necromancy....

I recently noticed that there's a Linux/Steam-OS client for this on Steam. It's run by the same group that put out War Thunder.

I figured I'd give it a try last night as I didn't feel like playing WoT or SWTOR.

The ship advancement is like WoT/WoWP/War Thunder. Has PvP and PvE missions. Ran 1 of each, the PvE wasn't bad for lvl 1. Got toasted in the PvP match. Didn't seem like there were a lot of players on at the time though. Took a bit to get through queue.

It'll give me something else space-based to play for a bit while I decide if it's any good for short/long term.

They do give you in-game money for returning to play every day.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:32 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mmm I dismissed this game last year without much thought as I heard the phrase "p2w". Now I'm intrigued One big problem I just read is that there are only about 350 active players....probably missed the boat with this then.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, that's possible, don't remember how many 'pilots' the game said were waiting for launch while I was sitting in queue.

However, one thing I find interesting (not sure if I like it or not yet), is that at least in the low-level PvP matches, if it can't find enough players, it'll split the active players into two teams and back-fill with bots. Which at least gives you more things to shoot at.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Since they provided a native Linux Client, I decided to support the game as I've been liking it so far and bought the two cheap ($20 USD ea) DLC packs in Steam. This then got me access to the 'closed beta' of the open space part of the game.

I muckd around it a little bit and it reminds me of Freespace with a little Starlancer thrown in. Looks like there may be some open world PvP as well.

There's some basic crafting that I've found (not entirely sure how you get raw materials).

Right now at 23:15 EDT, the game says there are 487 players on.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:17 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Played a bit myself last night (just under 2 hours). I liked it, not sure it has the long term appeal/addiction of WoT or WT though. I think there was just over 700 online 10-midnight UK time. Every game I played had bots on both teams, one game had myself and 4 bots vs another player and 4 bots, fortunately he was crap so I got some nice achievements!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tiger313
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Gaijin... fuuuu!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I've been in one T2 PvP match so far and it had fewer bots IIRC. Got my arse handed to me as I only had 1 T2 ship at the time (the premium ship from the Pirate DLC pack).

Not sure how much I like their ship rankings so far, as it's different than what I'm used to for WoT. You have ship ranks 1 to 15, and ship Tiers of 1-5 which corresponds to 3 ship ranks (e.g.: Ranks 1-3 are Tier 1).

The relaunch for (some of) the PvP modes is interesting, as you pick the 3 (or 4 once you get rank 12) ships you want to launch with. Then when the match starts, you pick which ship you actually want to fly with first and you can see all the ships everyone else has available to them. Then if (when) you die, you can change which ship you want to relaunch in. Not sure if you can warp out and change ships w/o getting destroyed.

As far as I can tell, you're not limited in total hangar space, so you don't ever have to sell a ship if you don't want to.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Don't know if anyone is still fannying around in this but RPS is giving away a free premium fighter craft for it:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/26/star-conflict-giveaway/#more-343317

I got one and may just try it out now, free stuff is always a good draw!
Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I've still got it installed on my system, haven't played it for quite some time. Lately I've been playing KSP and mucking around with MechJeb (makes it more of a space program simulator/sandbox than a space ship sandbox).

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: