Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Win 8 Tablet

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support View previous topic
View next topic
Win 8 Tablet
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Win 8 Tablet Reply with quote
Since getting the Asus transformer 2 years ago I have dreamed of a similar device (tablet which attaches to keyboard to form a laptop) but with Windows on it. Then witth release of Windows 8 every manufacturer jumped on Asus's boat and made similar devices.

Most of them are Clover Trail Atom processors and my first purchase was to be loyal to Asus and I got the Vivo Tab, the full windows 8 version. It was a beautiful device, looking like an Asus ultra book, it ran al software but it just could not handle any modern games an part of the fun for me was to be able to play Civilization on it. It was 720HD not 1080 which was a deal breaker for me. I returned it thought I would wait for the Surface Pro to come out.

It came out and it looked lovely but when I lucky enough to be sent to New York for the week I had a chance to see on in a store. It was very heavy and the battery was bad, 4 hours max. I decided to look at the Samsung after all they have been making Windows tablets for ages now. It was the i5 ATIV PC PRO that caught my eye and after researching the longer tha normal battery life I went for it!

It is fucking amazing. I use it at work in meetings to write notes down which syncs to my skydrive account. It has a detatchabe keyboard like the old Asus but stupidly does not pack an extra battery in it. The battery lasts a long time though. ^ hours heavy use, 10 hour with occational use. That is enough for a days wok.

It is the full 1920x1080 resolution and yes you can play Civilisation very well. OK it is not going to play battlefield or Skyrim but Civ is enough....well I was wrong. I just tried Skyrim on a whim and it pays beautifully! I can not express how good this device is.

If you are in the market for a tablet then go for this Samsung Ativ Pc PRO but if possible get in the US as it cost me 700 pounds where as in England it costs a wacking 1100 pounds!

8.5 / 10 in my opinion. It would be 9 or 9.5 if they had included extra hard drive space and extra battery in the keyboard dock. There is a Asus i5 or i7 coming out that does just that but it is 13 inches...not sure about that size.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I tell you what why dont you buy it for me from US and send it in a diplomatic bag. :P

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
If you want to then sure I can do that

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
dip bag would to be avoid duty sha ting.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Spinky
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
But can it play Planetside 2?
Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Would "expensive" describe the cost of this new toy or is it just "mildly fucking expensive"?

Oh, nm didn't read it all was TL;DR...only 700 pounds you say? Hmm.

Oh yeah, totally jealous hehe.

Oh btw is "^ hours" secret diplomatic code for...6 hours by any chance? or is it on another expensive button by any chance?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
700 squids ? stop wasting your money and buy a netbook that'll fuck it over. drop the metrosexual

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: