Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Warframe
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I think it helped that I'm not a Founder so it was obviously meant tongue-in-cheek.

I just did it for the same reason anyone does anything on the internet these days: For teh lulz
Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It's at 16 pages so far. I stoked the flames a bit with the below post. I'm sure we can this entitled bollocks to 20 pages easy. I actually ended up editing this to make it less offensive... not sure it worked

This is what should happen when most normal players read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x
■Archwing UI updated: “Cool!”
■New user experience updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”
■New weapon: The Fragginator: “Woot! New ways to !$%* stuff up!”
■Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Meh”
■Founder stuff updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”

What seems to happen when some people read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x
■Archwing UI updated: “Can I be offended by this? Not really
■New user experience updated: “Can I be offended by this? Not really
■New weapon: The Fagginator: “Can I be offended by this? Not really
■Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Can I be offended by this? Not really
■Founder stuff updated: “Can I be offended by this? YES! My life is fulfilled! Now to go on the forums and create a 20-page megathread about this non-problem. If I can’t be special, no one else should be allowed to be special either!”

See, if YOU read the patch notes, and YOU see an update about Founders stuff that YOU don’t have and YOU get upset about something that has no practical effect on YOU whatsoever, the source of the problem here is pretty obvious; YOU. YOU need to get a grip and get over it. Your life will be a lot happier if you concentrate on what YOU have and not what other people have.

So assuming this campaign works, what comes next? You get Founders patch notes banned but that won’t be enough. For the professionally offended brigade, it’s never enough. A few weeks later we would get another thread:

“Ohh emm gee DE!! I was totally in a pickup group the other night and this Founder was using an Excalibur prime, a Skana prime AND a Lato prime! He didn’t specifically mention it but I KNOW he was totally flaunting exclusive stuff and it made me feel really sad! I think it only fair that you change it so that if a Founder is in a group and using exclusive items that I can’t have, they should appear as the normal versions of them so I don’t know they are there and I don’t have to feel all emo and depressed about it! Then no one would be upset and have to cry themselves to sleep like I had to! I know the Founders might be upset with this but obviously my sad feelings take precedent over anyone else’s feelings because I am a special little snowflake like my daddy told me and I believe really, really hard that I shouldn’t be made to feel sad over stuff other people have that I haven’t got! Kthxbye DE!”

And don’t say that’s a ludicrous suggestion, this entire thread is about a ludicrous suggestion!

When Mechwarrior Online launched about 6 months before Warframe, their Founders packs included 4 exclusive Mechs. I have never seen a single thread on those forums complaining about founder’s exclusives. So what is it about this community that makes them bring up this type of nonsense time after time?

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Mentioning MWO, now that's a whole other can of worms!

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
UPDATE 17!

"Stamina has now been removed from the game"

There was some other stuff too.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
UPDATE 17!

"Stamina has now been removed from the game"

There was some other stuff too.

Waaaaaat? o_0!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
ExplodingCow
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately, it appears that any hint of remotely enjoyable movement has been removed as well

My gut response after the tutorial and two missions is that the new movement/parkour system is... just fucking awful. As in "seriously, how did this new wall-climbing animation ever get passed?" bad. No more ninja-running up walls and backflipping off, now you just hump your way up to the ceiling instead! (Yup, really)
I'm willing to give it more chance yet, and it may just be that ignoring the system entirely is the way forward, but given that awesome movement was my actual favourite thing about Warframe, this might even end up being a full-on game-ruiner for me.

Haven't even touched any of the other new content yet :P . Did run a couple of low-level void missions just to test on, and it seems that Mobile Defences have changed a little in terms of terminal locations.

Last edited by ExplodingCow on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:24 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ExplodingCow
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Oh, and with stamina removed I think the game *really* needs an "always sprint" option now. It feels like the frequency of randomly dropping out of sprint mode for no apparent reason has gone way up.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Just loading it up now. I'll try and reserve judgement until I've used it for a while. I hated the changed soalr system map when it first went in but having used it for a while I quite like it now.

I'm really waiting on the changes to void keys as I've just hit a grind wall right now. I need two Bo Prime Handles and this involves running, on average, six 20-minute interception missions to get one Exterminate key and I've run 12 exterminate missions without a single handle dropping. I need two. Yeah 24 hours already invested and no drop, fuck that shit.

I have well over a thousand hours in the game but a Mag Prime Systems never dropped for me and now that frame has has gone into the vault and won't be seen again for a long, long time. Again, fuck that shit.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Drop tables have changes too, might want to check you are running the right mission

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Updated it this morning and tried it out just now...what the fuck is the weird frog jumping all about?

This new movement scheme is wank. They could at least let you choose ffs.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:08 am View user's profile Send private message
FiendishOne
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
Whaaaa, no more space ninjaaaa? I'ma try it out and maybe cry a little.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Having played a few hours now I really like this update. However... that wall-run animation... ugh! And the 'splot' noise that goes with it too!

Once I got past the horrible animations... no, that's not right, I really haven't gotten past them at all... once I started to ignore wall running unless absolutely neccessary, I found the new system to be smoother and actually quite a lot of fun. I miss coptering but if you can build some momentum, the jump+glide can carry you a long way in a short time. The problem is having to unlearn over 1,000 hours of muscle memory. I keep forgetting the double jump entirely but the more I play the less I think about it and the better it gets. You may not feel the same, I understand

Elsewhere, the Kubrow module (building in the dojo; 3 days) means they won't die if you forget them, stabilisers last longer, removing one from statsis has a reduced timer (30mins I think) and you can bypass that with credits now.

The utility slot is great. Now mods you never would have slotted have somewhere to go. You have to use forma to build them and probably more forma on slots as they up the energy cost of the frame but it's an extra mod slot and you are hardly gimping yourself if you don't slot one. Just stick them in your 'getting shit done' frames.

Stamina going is by far the high point for me. It made no sense. Shooters, who didn't need stamina to attack, always had loads of it. Melee, who do need it to attack, never had any because they used it all moving to the target. Good riddance.

I know it wasn't part of this update but it came in since the last time I played; Excalibur update is the dog's knob. Finally he is what his description says he is. Ash prime too! Yummy.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
ExplodingCow
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Figured after my previous extreme disapproval that I should chuck in an update now that I've properly got used to the new parkour system!
Update: I still don't like it . But it didn't kill the game for me or anything, and the rest of the things added at the same time were pretty good. Except Equinox, who just takes forever to get and is apparently rubbish anyway

Also Sharkwing is very cool, but also somewhat buggy and kind of a ballache at times. A fun novelty, but needs some serious work before it can be an enjoyable major part of the game.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I think they broke it with the double xp weekend. I took a level 3 Mire into a low-end deception mission to get some levels on it.... double xp combined with an xp booster and a Loki backstab was netting me 18K xp on a level 7 Scorch and 22K on a Napalm.

In one level 5 solo deception mission the Mire went from level 3 to level 22!

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
ExplodingCow
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Gents, even if you've not played for a while - when you have a couple of hours free this weekend, you should probably start up Warframe, start The Second Dream quest from the codex, and prepare your shocked expressions.

It'll be worth it

(Also, don't take shit weapons on the "Protect the..." mission, or you'll be there forever)

Last edited by ExplodingCow on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: