Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Warframe
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
ExplodingCow wrote:
Jesus Christ, I just logged on for the first time in a while, and what the fuck happened? The old Solar Map/Menus screen was a wonderfully clean, straightforward and easy-to-navigate system, I really appreciated it. Now it's some steaming pile of shit split over 30 different panels with godawful navigation and awkward movement around your ship.

Thank god the missions themselves still feel the same, but this new menu system is a *colossal* turn-off for me - I spent some time farting around finding things before deciding I couldn't be arsed, playing one mission and logging back off again

Excuse the sudden bout of negativity, but I was *thoroughly* unimpressed.

Yeah, I was unimpressed when it went live. Having used it for a bit I don't really notice it anymore though. I still think it was a bit Apple; style over substance.

Not played it much recently, waiting for the Focus system to get implemented so I won't be wasting xp levelling stuff over 30. No idea when that'll make an appearance though, they seem to be focused on cosmetics for the time being.

Still, it's the 10th most played game on Steam so they must be doing something right

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I may have just earned myself a ban on the Warframe fourms.

So they released these sigil things that are basically badges you can put on your warframe and the founders got an exclusive one. This has sparked several threads on how people are feeling 'undervalued' by references to founders stuf they can't have in the patch notes. Seriously, I'm not making it up.

Aparently now it is... 'cruel'. Sigh.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346794-continue-giving-founders-exclusive-items-but-dont-rub-it-in-everyone-elses-faces/

"This is not cruel. What is cruel is your parents and teachers lying to you and telling you that you are a special little snowflake and that you can be whatever you want to be and have whatever you want to have if only you believe it hard enough. That is cruel.

You will never grow up to be a film star/rock star/fighter pilot etc, no matter how much you believe it, unless you are exceptionally talented, driven and very lucky. Life is chock full of disappointments and you are going to have to grow up and deal with it or you are in for a long miserable ride.

Other people have shiny things you want but can't get. GET OVER IT!

Having to read patch notes about founders gear is not cruel. There are so very many other things going on in our world that you should be more concerned about. Ebola, Syria, Ukraine, rap music, the Lato nerf to mention a few of the most important.

Every time I think the Internet has hit rock bottom, a gamer comes along and reminds me there is no bottom "

Sometime I truly despair for the future of the human race

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Fucking LOL. Some people just have a massive sense of entitlement...

Must resist the urge to create the "Glorious Founder Master Race/Dirty Non-Founder Peasant" image and post it...
Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:

Must resist the urge to create the "Glorious Founder Master Race/Dirty Non-Founder Peasant" image and post it...

Haha, make it happen. :D

Funny how butthurt people can be over a video game, but this is too amusing. Think the devs will crumble?

Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Oh okay, you twisted my arm

EDIT: I posted it in the topic, don't really care if I get banned
Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Funny how butthurt people can be over a video game, but this is too amusing. Think the devs will crumble?

By doing a rough name count on the planets a while back I figured the top founders packs raked in about 1.6million. Add in the other two levels of founders and that is a pretty significant chunk of change.

Frankly, a game developer would have to be batshit crazy to piss those people off

Edit: Neo got his post banhammered but mine stayed up

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
Oh okay, you twisted my arm

I saw your post in the thread before it got removed Neonin, how long are you banned for?

Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
I may have just earned myself a ban on the Warframe fourms.

So they released these sigil things that are basically badges you can put on your warframe and the founders got an exclusive one. This has sparked several threads on how people are feeling 'undervalued' by references to founders stuf they can't have in the patch notes. Seriously, I'm not making it up.

Aparently now it is... 'cruel'. Sigh.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346794-continue-giving-founders-exclusive-items-but-dont-rub-it-in-everyone-elses-faces/

"This is not cruel. What is cruel is your parents and teachers lying to you and telling you that you are a special little snowflake and that you can be whatever you want to be and have whatever you want to have if only you believe it hard enough. That is cruel.

You will never grow up to be a film star/rock star/fighter pilot etc, no matter how much you believe it, unless you are exceptionally talented, driven and very lucky. Life is chock full of disappointments and you are going to have to grow up and deal with it or you are in for a long miserable ride.

Other people have shiny things you want but can't get. GET OVER IT!

Having to read patch notes about founders gear is not cruel. There are so very many other things going on in our world that you should be more concerned about. Ebola, Syria, Ukraine, rap music, the Lato nerf to mention a few of the most important.

Every time I think the Internet has hit rock bottom, a gamer comes along and reminds me there is no bottom "

Sometime I truly despair for the future of the human race

Don't even know what Warframe is, but that deserves a massive and very well said!

Although when you say 'rap music', I hope you aren't including good, cultured, underground hip-hop

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Actually I'm not banned, I don't even have any warning points. They just deleted the post. No sense of humour obviously.

EDIT: You know, that's pissed me off. I wonder how many times I can post it before I get the banhammer. How to make it go viral hmm...
Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Posted it again in this bigger threadnaught:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346628-continued-exclusive-gifts-to-founders-makes-us-feel-a-bit-left-out/page-14
Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
Posted it again in this bigger threadnaught:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346628-continued-exclusive-gifts-to-founders-makes-us-feel-a-bit-left-out/page-14

Well you have one punter who want's it as wallpaper, tell him it's a founders exclusive

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Bwahahaha, except he is a Founder
Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
Bwahahaha, except he is a Founder

Easy then, a non founders exclusive ! :D

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Haha it got "hidden, because the image was kinda flamebaity" according to the person who edited my post
Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The admin must have got a good chuckle from that to not completely delete or ban you for that. :D

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: