Warframe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Warframe
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Warframe Reply with quote
Anyone playing this?
Free to play 3rd person shooter/slasher.

Videos look good.
Downloading on steam now.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Played the beta, it's only player (co-op or solo) vs AI, looked nice but low on content and gets boring quickly. I suggest you try Global Agenda, f2p and pvp

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OmegrAve
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
This freemium model is going for expensive, big chunks. A new Warframe will set you back (off-hand converting here) 15 pounds.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crendel
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Tried it out and I pretty much concur with Brune. Looks very nice and plays decently but is quite low on content and gets boring fairly quick. All the missions play out the same, regardless of the objective, and the levels all look the same. I put in a few hours and feel pretty done with it. I might revisit it later on though. Freemium model doesn't bother me much, I quite like it actually.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Got talked into trying this on Saturday by Brune who had some code from PC Gamer. Come 2ish Sunday morning we were still playing it

Can't comment on what it was like before but we have nearly finished Venus and just about to start Earth and there are three main map types and while I can see it getting grindy down the line I found it to be a solid shooter.

There are a ton of Warframes and weapons to choose from on the market and while buying stuff with the in-game currency is expensive, pretty much everything but extra Warframe and Weapon slots can be built from resources gathered in game.

If anyone fancies giving it a go I'll try and get a clan started tonight so we can get a dojo and gubbins up and running. Do we have a 128x128 .png file of the FC Emblem? You can get that on your Warframe

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
ive got a PCG code for some free items, anyone want it ?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Ugh, some uncouth heretics already have Fight Club as a clan names. Alternatives? Fight Club WF?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
How about "WE'RE Fight Club you nasty little scrote!"?

Here's a 128x128 emblem for ya, if you meant the one I did:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Ooh can you post the fight club lettering too? ive been looking for that for my sig.
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Cheers Neo

Went with Fight Club Galactic Tour but it doesn't sound right when the first boss is slagging you off. He says something like "I will crush your puny Excalibur frame and bring shame to clan Fight Club Galactic Tour!"

I'll leave off building anything for the time being in case a better name appears and we scrap it.

Fight Club Space Ninjas might work...

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Fight Club Space Pirates! YARRRR!!! Do ye be lookin' at me grog?!

@Faithless here, largest resolution I have of it:

If you want to recreate it yourself the font used was Gunship, the condensed version if I remember right.
Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Lovely stuff cheers, needed to updat my sig with the proper logo, its been bothering me for ages.

Daf I did yours too, in honour of our legendary lib runs

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Pretty good starter guide here, most things they didn't tell you in the tutorial are covered:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80851-updated-98guide-getting-started/

On revives; you get 4 free revives per day, per Warframe. When you fall in combat you start to bleed out, the bleed out timer is pretty short so if you go down yell out fast and hopefully someone will get to you in time.

However, Brune and I find that we typically only go down (fnarr fnarr) when there are stupid amounts of enemies around and rezzing is often not possible. If you do bleed out you get two options; Revive or Forfeit.

If you forfeit you lose all loot and cash for that mission but you retain any xp you earned. If you revive you get a few seconds of invulnerability then rez with full health & shields. Run like hell at this point to clear whatever just fucked you up.

The revives renew each day for free. You can buy more revives for plat but I have no clue as to why you would want to. Late game may be different if you are close to the extraction point and rare mod dropped that you don't want to lose.
===
More tips taken from the forums:

Some Grineer will throw mines that roll around and chase you. Once they catch you, they stick and glow red before shortly exploding. Its possible while moving to double tap the 'Shift' key to roll, this removes the sticky grenades and once shaken free they don't chase anymore. It also removes things such as the Corpus Shield Leeches and other sticky stuff.

Forma can only be used on equipment that has already been ranked to 30 and, when used, said equipment is reset to rank 0 (unranked). Forma can be used again on already polarized equipment, provided that it is leveled to 30 again. Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma. Re-leveling equipment after using Forma on it does not grant mastery points.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 am View user's profile Send private message
TheRighteous
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Just downloaded this, IGN is Therighteous1.
Quite liking it so far, although the maps are very repetitive. Has anyone spent any cash on this yet?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
TheRighteous wrote:
Just downloaded this, IGN is Therighteous1.
Quite liking it so far, although the maps are very repetitive. Has anyone spent any cash on this yet?

Tenz sold a kidney to finance his latest obsession! Luckily I got 25 worth of currency/stuff free from my last 2 copies of PCGamer :D

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: