Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tournament winner posts:

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online View previous topic
View next topic
Tournament winner posts:
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Tournament winner posts: Reply with quote
https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/101095-let-me-tell-you-about-my-weekend-by-broceratops/

Worth a read for few points. He seems remarkably grown up about it but it also shows why I and many other didn't participate; his mechs were DC Atlas, 3D Phract, SRM pult, Raven 3L and a Cent 9-A.

Barring the cent that covers every unbalanced build out there I reckon

So, do we think PGI will take any notice at all from this and at least TRY to balance the fucking things?

Nah

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
You never know, if the metrics tell them pretty much everyone who was coming in the top <whatever> was using specific chassis and builds, they might act on it. They're about half 'n' half on my scale of "Trying/Couldn't Give A Fuck" meter, which is pretty good for an MMO really.
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
In some ways it's difficult and most of the problems are linked together:

Streak Cats are cheese because you don't need to aim. No skill is needed to do well in one. They 'fixed' streaks by introducing ECM. If they ever balance ECM you'll see Streak cats return again because they didn't address the basic issue, just covered it up.

SRM Cats are different, I don't really see them as cheese exactly because you do need to aim the bloody things and they can be countered by staying outside the 270m range BUT due to ECM you often can't tell where they are or what they are carrying until you are inside 180m. With more big maps and a balance of ECM, these will hopefully disappear.

DC Atlases will remain the best assault until ECM gets balanced. It's just too powerful for the weight compared to any other assault you can field.

Ravens 3Ls are pure, unadulterated cheese. The type of cheese with mould in it. They have been this way since ECM came in, PGI must know this but they have done fuck all about it.

Hmm, funny that all the current cheese builds benefit greatly from ECM huh?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Well, this certainly comes as a surprise. Oh wait, no it doesn't!
Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: