Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Defiance
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
I played for a hour or so today. It is .... quite .... well it is ok I suppose. Nothing ground breaking. Kind of like Tabla Rasa but not as good with a distinct theme park MMO style gameplay. I am hoping it improves and the endless missions are just an introduction to the wider game.

So far so meh.

Not bad though. Just makes me want to play PlanetSide though !

tbh Freedom, I didn't think it would be your cup of tea m8. Get out of the starter area and the AI gets quite tricky

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
That is good to know the AI improves as it is pretty dumb where I am. I do like the idea of coop against NPCs.

I will try it again tomorrow night but it is a bit themeparky for me so far.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Just played some 4 man co-op (myself, Tenz, Kryokill and Omimace) and I can report it's pretty fucking good Pity they brought the server down before we completed. Not sure how many co-op missions there is but I have 8 or 9 unlocked so far

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Any defend a fort style coop play? Laying down defenses and turrets and such?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Not so far, we have played 2 out of the 7. Quite a few defend the farmhouse style events in missions though.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Got a positive email and tbh I've had no problems whatsoever, bonus!

Quote:
Let's face it: Launch had issues. For that we sincerely apologize. In an effort to make amends and say thanks for going through this with us, your in-game account now has a gift* from us to you:
. Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil
. 1-Week Weapons Skill Boost
. 1-Week Scrip Boost
. 1-Week Loot Boost
. 1-Week XP Boost
Meanwhile, we've been working around the clock to deliver a gaming experience that exceeds your expectations. We've made great improvements. There is a massive client patch coming next week and then another two weeks after that. Yes, we're that serious about improvements, continuous evolution, updates, new content. We're not afraid of commitment. And we're in this for the (very) long haul.
Thank you,

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I have not logged in again after my initial few hours. I better bloody had do as it cost a fuck load....

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I did like this bit from the preliminary patch notes:

"Iím going tease a little bit and give you the draft patch notes. They are incomplete, we havenít put our nice explanatory voice into them or highlighted the big wins, they are buried in there for you to discover but weíre all gamers, right? Weíre pretty sure youíll appreciate this small heads-up and apply your gamer eye to them instead of take these as the Final Truth to Fight Overô. Iím going to regret publishing these, arenít I?"

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Veranmis
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
So this went F2P earlier in the month apparently... Is it worth checking out? I just watched the first episode of the TV series and it seemed pretty interesting.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:55 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah it is, gave myself and Tenz a good few hours of entertainment and some laughs along the way I'm sure we could log in and hold your hand :D

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:32 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yep, it feels a bit clunky at first but you soon get used to it. There's a decent game in there, the rift style events are good for a giggle and the instance co-op missions can be fun too.

Keep meaning to get back into it again.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well I need to give my computer a bloody good seeing to (read: format and reinstall) at some point this week so I think I may download and try it out after that, as if I don't have enough games to play...
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
well I paid for its and found it to be utter pants.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FordPrefect wrote:
well I paid for its and found it to be utter pants.

Yeah but let's be fair, you find most things to be utter pants! Though your not really a mmo game player me old m8.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: