Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Star Citizen / Infinity
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I will definitely be joining... Hoping to get some employment sorted beginning September so the first things in my mind are speccing out a new PC and a good package for SC! I'm liking the look of the Hornet S7C Ghost myself...
Sun May 25, 2014 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
crikey I am citizen 357486, currently there are 455k+ citizens and $44mil+ in the kitty.

Mon May 26, 2014 9:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Starting to get worried that people are losing their touch with reality for this game. Some people are considering spending hundreds of pounds for a in-game ship. Am I the only one who sees the con-job in this? There is no reason they cannot make these ships with the money they have already and just charge people £30 for the game and give you access to everything. (And just play the game to unlock the content)

Phoney value dictated by money hungry developers. Business' are out to make money and thats fine, but this is starting to come at the gamers expense and making them pay for content that quite simply they should have anyway.
Tue May 27, 2014 6:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I agree Kirbs. It's why I don't own TESO at the moment. Expensive box price plus a monthly sub and the still want a pay shop for extras like the Imperial race and a horse. It's just gouging people.

Oh well, eventually it will be 75% off in a Steam sale. Their loss in the mean time

Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I agree mr kirbs, I punted £27, which I thought was both reasonable and sensible.

I know some danish guys who obviously have far too much expendable cash who have spent 1-3k euros..... absolutely fucking crazy!

Tue May 27, 2014 3:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Star Citizen looks brilliant, but those expensive ships makes me wonder how large the grind in the game will be, can't you buy them with in-game credits further down road?

Tue May 27, 2014 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I think the £200 5 man ship takes 60 or so hours, I may be wrong.

What I figured is that it's going to be f2p after the initial one off payment (like gw2) so my £27 backer investment which also netted me a ship/insurance/in game money will most likely be cheaper than the initial buy in price at release.. or close to it

Tue May 27, 2014 7:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
This game is not going to be any kind of rip off. The team is too professional for that. They are allowing for the fact that some people have a large disposable income that they want to throw at games. As well as ensuring that money does not equal win. The starting ship is about 30 quid and I am not aware of any monthly charge as yet.

I just can not see the creators of Wing Commander being money cunts. Chris Roberts has some integrity. If people want to pay thousands of pounds on a virtual ship then let em I say.

As long as a guy who paid 27 quid can shoot them down with better skill at flying then all is fine.

Wed May 28, 2014 2:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Greetings Citizens,

The team has been working around the clock for the past two weeks to polish gameplay and eliminate the bugs that would allow us to release Arena Commander V0.8. Today at 4:00 PM PST, I sat down with Star Citizen’s production leads for a ‘go/no-go’ meeting. We went around the virtual table, like a ground control team preparing to launch a rocket, and the decision was that we are not able to release Arena Commander tomorrow as there are too many blocking and critical issues outstanding.

Below you will find a list of the current bugs being tracked by the team. Game developers classify bugs based on their severity: blockers, critical, major, moderate and minor. The most serious of these, blockers, are bugs that completely prevent the game from working and from being in a releasable state. Unfortunately, as of tonight, there are still two blockers and half a dozen critical issues (which we would like to fix before launch.) Our biggest issue today is a newly developed DirectX crash which breaks the single player Vanduul Swarm mode every backer will be given access to.

It would be foolish to release an unstable build, even if pre-alpha for the sake of meeting an internal deadline. This is the power of the crowdfunding that made Star Citizen possible: a publisher would make us ship tomorrow regardless of the current build quality… but as you are all focused on quality rather than a financial return for shareholders we are able to take a few more days to deliver something that is stable.

I know that’s not the news you wanted to hear tonight. No-one would like to see the community get their hands on Arena Commander more than I would.

This is what can happen with an open development process, especially when we are sharing code and content long before one normally would in traditional development. But I don’t think you would want it any other way! The Star Citizen team feeds off of your incredible enthusiasm and your energy for the project… and we want more than anything to see what happens when you get into space.

In order to keep our backers as informed as possible, I’m asking the production team to provide DAILY updates for the community until Arena Commander V0.8 ships. This will be the raw stuff: lists of bugs and other information to tell you the current health of the build. You will see the same information I do, and you will be able to follow as we resolve each “blocker” preventing the build’s release.

I want you to know that we’re very close… just not close enough to launch tomorrow. Stay tuned!

— Chris Roberts

Gutted.

Thu May 29, 2014 2:41 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
After playing Day Z for a couple of hours, finally finding a gun and some ammo and heading up to a roof only to spaz out on the ladder - breaking my legs as a result - I can safely say I have a new found hatred for game breaking bugs. I'm happy to wait for a better product.
Thu May 29, 2014 8:10 am View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
"People will forgive you for being late, but they won't forgive you for being bad"

Personally, I decided long ago that I will try to steer clear from games until they are fully released. I got bored of too many games before they even reached they full fledged form (Minecraft, Project Zomboid, DayZ...).

Thu May 29, 2014 12:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
And it is LAUNCHED!!!

DLing now.

I will put on TS and might be able to record some live footage if I can for you guys.

I am not actually that excited about the dog fighting as I know I will be crap at it, it is more the persistent universe and mining and trading that I am interested in but I am still very happy the game has got this far and it is so interesting following this game develop as they showing you everything in the dev cycle, worts and all.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
So I left it to patch whilst at work only to come home and find that the patch was just for the launcher.

The rest of the "game" will not take all night to DL.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
lol nice 38mb download m8! :P 11gb for the rest

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I was already asleep when it finished. As soon as i get home from work and sorted the kids out i will have a go and set a video up.

I am hoping that you can still get out of your seat in space and walk about your ship. That would be something special.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:04 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: