Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
[Eve / Dust 514] *** Fight Club Outfit ***
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
LOL - very good

Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Okeeee,

I will update this post as well about anything big that the corporation is doing. The main aim of the corporation and the reason I founded it was to provide easy access to Eve for members of Fight Club. I tried Eve many times and each time dropped it as just seemed too complex and I only stuck to doing NPC missions. But I think Eve can give you some of the most rewarding experiences you will get in an MMO.

It is still running after nearly 10 years and development is accelerating rather than dying off. Every few months there is a major new addition to game play. There are very large things on the horizon including walking in space stations and fill interaction with the console game Dust 514 a FPS for the PS3.

If you do want to try Eve out then please let me know and we can give you all the stuff needed to start up. We have 2 HQs - one is in high sec so is relatively safe and one in low sec for mining. We are relatively well protected as we now belong to the Zombie Alliance but the occasional Amarrian or Pirate will still get through so you are never safe!

If you play Eve at the moment and don't want to join in with Fight Club's Corporation then you can keep intouch in game using the channel that Ford created "Bosin".

Thanks,

Freedom.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I thought I would clear up some misconceptions regarding the Corporation and Faction Wars in general:

Will I not need a lot of money to keep buying new ships in the Faction War?
Nope. You only fly frigates/cruisers and occasionally battle cruisers. You gain masses of loot and money from mission and payouts for killing Amarrians and get Loyalty Points which you can cash in for major itemss, ships, BPs etc.

I am too low level so will be ganked as soon as I leave a station.
Well that is balls. You just play Eve a slightly different way, you play it like the devs want you to, ie where race means something. Therefore if you are an Minmatar you do not go around flying through Amarrian space freely. Our alliance is big and controls the systems we are located in, you can mine and explore in relative safety even in the low sec HQ. This is Eve so no where is safe but FW is no more dangerous than normal if you stick to our areas of space.

You live in India Freedom so we will not be online at the same time and that will not work.
Well T1nsle and Yeren are in the corporation now and they are in GMT. I play mostly at weekends and we have been able to mission and mine and operate as normal. In fact I am generally on at the same time as other players in the Bostin channel. This is not a problem at all.

I am already in a corp thanks.

Well that is fine, we can trade and help each other out. You might want to make an alt or if you have a second character then perhaps they could join Fight Club?

I have bad Minmatar standings so can not join

Yes you can, takes a little bit of missioning but after that you zoom up the standings from the FW

What do you do on an an average night?

Perhaps join a fleet, I get some mining in and a few research missions, do some system guarding. Chat shit. Etc.

What is the corporation "culture"?
My camel is your camel. The aim of the corp is to ensure Fight Club members have easy access to one of the best and deepest MMOs out on the market. The philosophy is everything is shared. You have your own hanger and your own wallet and that is your to do what you want with but everything in the corp hangers is your to take and yours to help make. Give or take as little as you want.

What is the corporation aim?
As above to provide a base for Fight Club players to explore Eve. Also it is to make enough money to pay for monthly subs and also to form a marine chapter in Dust and experience the awesomeness of that game.

In nut shell Fight Club Outfit Corporation is your corporation in Eve, you get to be a director if you are a long standing FC member so have full rights.

Thanks,

Roisin Connor - The red haired bitch in charge of Fight Club.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Update:

Fight Club Outfit are no longer in the Faction Wars.

New mission is to join the alliance in Null Sec and carry out a daring corporation expansion scenario : We mine in Null sec and then transport the valuable minerals through null into high sec all the way back to the Metropolis manufacturing base. We manufacture ships and shit and become rich and get fat.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Codex update brings corporations and more to DUST 514

Reported by CCP Foxcalibur

Corporations have arrived in DUST 514« with Codex, the latest major update to the beta client, available for download as of Monday 1 Oct.

DUST 514 mercenaries share an enormous, persistent universe with the starship pilots of EVE Online«. With Codex, both groups of players can soon band together into Corporations, and spread their dominion over both games.

CEOs can appoint Directors in both games to supervise corporate operations. Corporate contracts let you take the fight to rival organizations, and vie for supremacy over planets and star systems.

The new update also lays the foundation for Orbital Strikes, which will come online quickly during the Codex release period. DUST 514 mercs will be able to call in three specialized orbital strikes from nearby EVE Online ships, letting your corporate allies devastate the enemy at your command.

Hereĺs just a sample of the features, updates, and changes live in Codex:

Female avatars, with new dropsuit designs
More environments and terrain types to battle over
New skirmish maps
A host of new weapons and equipment such as Nova Knives and Active Scanners
New skills to help you scan the battlefield for hostiles
Enhanced fitting and spawn menus to let you refit more easily
3D item viewer

Build an elite corps of hired guns and recruit capsuleers to your cause, or join the private army of a thriving EVE Online corporation. Two games share one universe, and very soon, you can rule it all.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
That looks awesome if only I could update my client!!!! I keep getting this 80710723 error code when I try to patch to version 3.0

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
That looks awesome if only I could update my client!!!! I keep getting this 80710723 error code when I try to patch to version 3.0

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I got it working by doing via mobile phone hotspot....:-)

Did I read laser rifles in that patch note???! I will log in later and send you a message via PSN, it would be great to play it with someone I know.

I am thinking of going on the test server on Eve to try and do an orbital strike and see how the chat channels work between the two games. I tell you I am more excited about Dust the more I read about it and play the beta. It is a shame it is not on the PC but PS3s are good machines for media players so I would recommend people to buy one. If you are into Eve then I would recommend getting into Dust.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
It really is mind boggling why they did not develop this for PC I suppose we will get some shoddy port..eventually...

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
@ Brune - It probably will come out on PC at some point...

@ Freedom - Yes you did read it right...LASER RIFLES ARE IN Not tried one yet tho My toon is somewhat skill deprived since the reset...

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
It really is mind boggling why they did not develop this for PC I suppose we will get some shoddy port..eventually...

Brune if you have seen the walking around part of Eve it is very very similar to the walking round part in Dust, the two games are using the same technology and will interact very soon on the orbital stations around planets where Eve ships can dock and pilots get out of pods to go meet with PlanetSiders. They are using an engine (unreal I think can't recal now) that works on both PS3 and PC, the movement even on the PS3 is all designed for keyboard and mouse as well as controller (otherwise I could not play!).

I do not know how long they will keep the PS3 exclusivity but what I am trying to say is that it would imagine that they are already designing the PC Dust. I certainly hope so anyway!

I must say out of all the developments in the computing games universe - the Eve/Dust single server is the most exciting and the most advanced thing we have seen for a very long time. The fact that it is on PS3 is actually more technically brilliant.

I have not tried it yet but orbital strikes are apparently already working the game. An Eve ship is actually dropping a planetary strike and that strike is actually effecting the players on the surface who are viewing the planet through the PS3 interface. Bloody amazing!

So Eve is now moving into a new phase where the planets suddenly have come alive and are of parallel importance to the running of the Eve universe. Therefore Eve players are going to need to hire Dust players to protect their corp industrial parks and take out the enemy. More than that the Faction War that is going to be further enhanced in Decembers expansion is also happening on the planet surface so it is not just player corps that tehDust players work for, they also enlist in one of the 4 empires and fight for territorial control of the planets.....

It is like PlanetSide but with way more depth minus the massive open world. Yes this is not nervana yet. We are talking about BF3 size maps with 32 v 32 and 64 v 64 at the moment. Things hopefully will change in regards to that though. If old PCs from 2002 could run PLanetSide 1 then I am sure a 2006 PS3 could do something similar or perhaps when they go massive they move onto the PC.

All exciting stuff that is for sure. Any jobs going at CCP?!

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
If old PCs from 2002 could run PLanetSide 1 then I am sure a 2006 PS3 could do something similar or perhaps when they go massive they move onto the PC.

MAG [on ps3] came out in 2010 and had the following features:

Quote:
Interdiction

The Interdiction is available via downloadable content (DLC). In this mode 128 players 64 vs. 64 must capture and hold three neutral bases. In addition each 8-man squad has an APC. The maps for the Interdiction mode are themed after the 3 PMCs but are neutral, meaning Valor could face Raven on the S.V.E.R. themed map and any other combination.

Domination

The largest game mode is Domination. It supports 256 players, 128 to a side in a single game. Maps are split into 4 sides that meet in the middle, facing one platoon (4 squads) of attackers against another of defenders on each side...

So I'd say it is possible and do-able

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAG_%28video_game%29

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
WOW - Dust is really getting integrated:

CHANGES

EVE Chat

Settings and options in chat windows have been consolidated into two menus. Further information about the improved chat system is available in this devblog.
Market

The market has been seeded with infantry equipment however current trade restrictions prohibit the sale of such items to capsuleers.
Planetary Districts

New locations called "Districts" have been added to temperate planets in high security and factional warfare systems and are visible from space.
Districts can be warped to via the planet context menu.
A district satellite is visible while in orbit above a district in space.
District satellites will appear globally on the overview while there is a ship on grid with it, including cloaked ships.
A new group is available in the overview settings called Satellites, which can be used to show / hide them from your overview.
Factional Warfare

Planetary districts are future DUST514 battle zones, and impact Factional Warfare System Capture Status in a solar system.
Each district owned by a particular Factional Warfare faction affects the number of Victory Points needed to move a Factional Warfare system into a vulnerable state.
If a district owner is the same faction than the one controlling the Factional Warfare system, the number of Victory Points needed to put the solar system into vulnerable mode is increased
If a district owner is the opposing faction than the one controlling the Factional Warfare system, the number of Victory Points needed to put the solar system into vulnerable mode is decreased
Each temperate planet in Factional Warfare space contributes by 12.5% to the System Capture Status Victory Point pool, for a maximum of 50% Victory Points in Factional Warfare solar systems with four temperate planets.
Until DUST514 is fully implemented on Tranquility, planetary districts have been set to belong to the NPC faction that traditionally owned the Factional Warfare solar system before players interference. Further information is available in this forum post.
An icon has been added below the System Capture Status bar to represent this new information.
Example

Raa is a 0.3 solar system located in Factional Warfare space.
Raa has 3 temperate planets, each having a certain number of districts. Each planet affects the System Capture Status by 12.5%, for a total of 37.5%.
Districts have been set to the NPC faction that historically and traditionally owned the solar system before player interference, in this case the Amarr Empire.
With such changes, it means the system will require 37.5% more Victory Points to capture if owned by the Amarr Empire FW militia, or 37.5% less Victory Points to capture if owned by the Minmatar Republic militia.
This change may move a FW solar system in or out of a vulnerable state after the patch depending on how many temperate planets are present during deployment time.

FIXES

Character Creation and New Player Experience

An issue with the Caldari Achura females bra straps always being visible has now been fixed.
A texture issue with female coats has been fixed.
A colouring issue with the male vest jacket has been fixed.
A tucking issue with the male Sterling shirts has been fixed.
An issue with missing sections on characters in stations has been fixed.
Player Owned Structures, Outposts and Stations

Calendars will now show the correct fuel values remaining for POS towers in empire space.
Miscellaneous

Fixed an issue where an enemy ships lock on your faction Infrastructure Hub in Factional Warfare would not be broken when defending the system.
Graphics General

Renai tailors have renovated their esquire line of jackets ensuring that the shoulders are firmly stuck to the sleeve and their owner. The female esquire jacket should no longer display a gap between the upper arm and the jacket.
Mesh clipping on the womens Acquire ┤Structure┤ Skirt has been reduced.
Occasional white flashes on cargo jettison with some graphics cards were fixed.
Enabling anti aliasing in the game menus has now an effect in the Character creator.
Fixed an issue with graphical corruption of the Caldari station wreck asset.
The planet wide 'oil spill' effect has been cleaned up on Dantbeinn II - the local environment is in a much better state now!
Resolved an issue where the medium ship LOD was not released from memory.
GENERAL

Uncategorized

Removed visible gaps from some clothing items were removed.
A selection of small geometry holes in Captains Quarters character clothing got fixed.
Sleeper drones now have more than one missile damage area.
Bombs detonation visual effect matches now server side hit information.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lucage
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Dust has kinda slipped under my radar, but is this a free to play game for the PS3?

I use my PS3 as a blu-ray player, but wouldn't mind given this a look if its free.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yes it is f2p. I can try to get u a beta code but not until the weekend sry.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: