Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
[Eve / Dust 514] *** Fight Club Outfit ***
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
DUST 514 Has been patched to 0.7

I'll post the patch notes when i get home Sat but for now know that UI is smoother and they messed with everything to reduce advantages in game!

I bet they still haven't fixed the blatant cheating thag goes on sadly

Exploits anyone? Loads it would appear

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
You would think playing on a PS3 would prevent cheating as it is not a pc so you can't have cheat software running. What kind of cheating and exploits are going on? I have shot someone and no damage has registered but I assumed it was a server side bug or latency.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I've noticed two kinds of cheating (not noticed no dmg per se) they are as follows:

1.) walking through walls and waiting inside capture points. You can see the red dot but not where they are. So far no one has shot me from inside one but they just rush out, say two or three and over power you, and

2.) sniping from outside the playable area. Seriously wtf! Large box of doom u cross says ur dead after what 30secs? But this doesn't seem to stop some people from sitting on top of structures sniping from a place no one else can get to.

So far this hasn't ruined the game, they are probably exploits rather than hacks (at least I hope so...maybe dodgy firmware or something?) but it does not bode well for teh future of this game if they can't nip it in the bud sooner rather than later.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Citizens of New Eden

My name is CCP Nullarbor from Team True Grit and I am here to introduce to you some new space friends: the mercenaries of DUST 514.

DUST 514 is the second major game in development in the EVE Universe, where the players are mercenaries fighting ground wars on the same planets that you have been flying past in EVE Online for almost 10 glorious years. You can read more about it at www.dust514.com.

On Thursday the 10th of January, following a slightly longer than usual scheduled downtime, we will be migrating over players currently participating in the DUST 514 closed beta from Singularity to Tranquility. This is a particularly special day here at CCP as this brings to life an ambitious and incredibly exciting vision of a single cross platform universe, the likes of which have never been undertaken before.
So as a capsuleer, what does this mean in practical terms?

Well, for starters, you will begin to see unfamiliar faces in local. They may look a little funny and talk about bizarre concepts such as tanks, grenades and running around but I promise they are as friendly as New Eden citizens can be and want to learn everything they can about this world you now both share.

DUST mercenaries can belong to existing EVE corporations if youre willing to accept their applications. Similarly you will see corporations started by DUST mercenaries recruiting EVE pilots to join up with them. You can share corporation chat including voice chat and invite them into custom channels or private conversations.

Mail works in both directions and you can add each other into your contact lists so you dont forget your new acquaintances.

You may remember CCP karkur talking last year about some changes to the UI in anticipation of this event. I will leave that link here incase you missed it:

Look Who's Talking

Click to enlarge
The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy

Besides just chatting about the weather or sharing battle stories, we are also introducing the first component of higher level gameplay as part of Faction Warfare. DUST mercenaries can accept contracts offered by the NPC Faction Warfare miltias and fight to attack or defend them in the form of corporation battles. These come with the risk of losing a collateral payment of ISK, but a victory will secure a district on one of the many temperate planets in Faction Warfare space. The more districts a militia has control over the fewer victory points will be required for EVE Faction Warfare pilots to take ownership of the system.

That is, provided you can convince the mercenaries to fight for your side.

CCP Fozzie has some more details about the specifics of this here:

FW: I-hub and system upgrades
The tools of war

We are also enabling the ultimate in cross game escapades, Orbital Bombardment, with the first flavor being the Tactical Strike. You may have also noticed some new ammo blueprints on the market (Tactical EMP S, Tactical Laser S, Tactical Hybrid S). Well, now you can load up these special long range, high precision munitions into suitable small turret weapons and rain fire from the skies. This will be available to Faction Warfare battles in low security space and well leave it up to you to arrange the details of this with your new fleet-footed buddies. As one might assume, more guns are just better, so I recommend the destroyer hull as the best compromise between damage, mobility and cost for this particular task.

Click to enlarge

We are working on a FAQ to answer all your questions about orbital bombardment complete with pictures. We will post details of that later this week.
Worlds collide

This migration comes with a reset of character skills and corporations for the DUST players. If you are already in the beta, and especially if you are a CEO or Director of a DUST corporation, I strongly recommend you head over to the DUST forums to read this thread on some of the specifics of the migration:

Tranquility migration inbound

For now we are remaining in closed beta from the DUST side of things but short of anything catastrophic occurring as we head towards open beta (knock on wood) this will be the last reset for DUST characters. So enjoy those skill points mercenaries, you earned them.
Just the beginning

This is a massive technical and game design endeavour and so the overlap in gameplay is intentionally contained for now. It is of course very important that we do not upset the serious business of internet spaceships.

In particular the economic balance between a 10-year-old space simulation and a brand new free to play MMOFPS is an obvious concern. So, for this first release, any ISK transfer between EVE and DUST characters will be blocked. This will then be replaced by a taxable transfer mechanism with the intention of easing the currency control to 0% and removing it entirely once we are happy the economies have reached an equilibrium.

We are already hard at work on the next expansion where you will see things like player owned districts, tighter economic integration and more incentives for EVE characters and corporations to take part in the politics, logistics and outcomes of DUST 514 battles. The design teams will be working with the CSM this year to make sure these plans sit well with capsuleers and mercenaries alike.

We absolutely cannot wait to get this journey started with you and it all kicks off this Thursday.

For now fly safe and good hunting. o7

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
This means the wait is almost OVER!

Players will finally be able to interact / communicate / order obital strikes, though not fully (no cash for mercs yet except via a npc organised corp to begin with).

I'm hoping that they don't link my accounts, so that I can train skills on my merc and still be proper naughty in FW with it

Anyone else proper naughty? See you in game then

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Bloody excellent!

I will be Minmatar faction in Eve and Minmatar in Dust - Minmatar are the Freedom Fighters against the opression of the Amarr, I love em but....I hate the ships so I always fly Amarr ships against them

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Does any of you punks still play EVE? After a convo I had in TS the other day I'm tempted to re-sub for a bit, see what's changed in the year or 2 I've not played.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 am View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
me and my bro nip in and out still, mostly FW we tend just pvp.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:
Does any of you punks still play EVE? After a convo I had in TS the other day I'm tempted to re-sub for a bit, see what's changed in the year or 2 I've not played.

Still playing regularly. We have Fight Club Outfit set up and also I am in Defiant Legacy a Minmatar FW corp. Fight Club Outfit is being used as a mass manufacturer supplying the faction war for Minmatar. As it is just me in Fight Club Outfit at the moment I have an alt in Defiant Legacy.

Now is a good time to come back. New expansion coming out in June and will add more to the atmosphere of the game. Also Fight Club Outfit exists in Dust

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
If you do come back to Eve Kryokill then we have a chat channel set up for FC friends - "fight club forever"

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/eve-valkyrie-announced-for-oculus-rift-6413351

You might have seen that the oculus rift FPS version of Eve is now in development...looks pretty amazing and if they integrate it into the main game.

There was talk of a single player option so I really do not know if this is going to be another Eve "product" like Dust and will live in the online universe or if it is a standalone shooter.

Hopefully it is drones re-imagined.

You can either launch drones normal fashion and the AI controls them or go manual where you swtich you your oculus and fly the drone manually....that would be cool.

That way the sad twats that are hell bent on Eve remaining in the early 2000s in terms of scope can keep the same game if they do not want to partake.

If I were CCP I would start a new universe and make it fully Eve VR and add all the incarna things they once were going to before capitulating to the wankers that do not want any progress.

Anyway - good news in general.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Agreed good news indeed. Not sure about your drone idea but I know what u mean.

Id love to see them start a mjrrir universe with ambulation / incarna integrated...like the new X game o_0!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
OMG I resubbed....

Trying to join an Minmatar Faction War alliance. Still in Fight Club and hoping that the alliance I am talking to does not mind the corp being a one man army...

It certainly still looks beautiful! It is sinful though really as Elite is out but there is just not enough depth in Elite at the moment. One day I hope there will be. Also Elite is not really an MMO it is almost a single player experience well a multipayer at the best but it does not feel like an MMO at all. Elite never said it would be though.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Still flirt with the idea of Eve but seems a bit pointless with Star Citizen around the corner. Still very tempted but my character is just too messy now with assets all over the shop.

The trouble with Eve for me is that I never found a good corp or rather no one was playing in Fight Club Corp when I was. I could have been excellent. Fight Club were Minmatar affiliated so we could join in fights every night as in PlanetSide yet it also had all the crafting and stuff that would have made some depth and importance to the game.

I am sure with a good corp it could be a great game. Same as most MMOs though really.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
EVE is a fantastic life filler if you have no job, no wife, no kids, no social life...If you have any one of those, you're screwed in that game.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: