Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately, as you'll find out, the endgame is pretty much more levelling

Awesome new signature btw Neo

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
so basically the difference between tier 1 armour and tier 2 armour is the bigger nut-guard fair play

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
@Kryo I never reach endgame in these things before I get bored anyway Glad you like it!

@Luggs There's quite a few other differences which are easier to see when it's not all dyed black, but the nut-guard is the most important feature
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Hah, bigger nut guard.

The game does look good, I do love the armour designs in this game, keep hearing folks saying it's improved greatly since release, not that it was a terrible MMO as far as MMO games go. But I wanted it more to be like TES and less MMO (you've played one you've played them all), is that the case now Neonin? Is it cross play across all 3 platforms? So PC players can team up with PS4 players?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Everyone wanted Skyrim with a few MMO bits added. Everyone got a bog standard MMO with a few Skyrim bits added.

The grandaddys are in trouble too; EQNext has been cancelled and WoW is currently undergoing a content gap of over a year, probably going to be nearly two years without anything majorly new by the time they get around to releasing the next expansion.

Most new MMOs seem to be of the Korean grind/PvP models. GW2 is the only one I can think of that seems to have done well in the last few years. I don't think the MMO is dead but I do think it will be a long while until anything new comes along

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
Everyone wanted Skyrim with a few MMO bits added. Everyone got a bog standard MMO with a few Skyrim bits added.

The grandaddys are in trouble too; EQNext has been cancelled and WoW is currently undergoing a content gap of over a year, probably going to be nearly two years without anything majorly new by the time they get around to releasing the next expansion.

Most new MMOs seem to be of the Korean grind/PvP models. GW2 is the only one I can think of that seems to have done well in the last few years. I don't think the MMO is dead but I do think it will be a long while until anything new comes along

I've been givign Wildstar a go out of sheer boredom, and to be fair I'm surprised that hasn't made a bigger impact on the western MMO market. Huge amount of varying content, awesoem player housing system, the skill stuff is refreshing. Very good game. I actually do think the traditional MMO is dying if not dead. Everybody (as in the mainstream) seems to want hybrid MMO-esque shooters instead now.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well it's very solo-friendly, as in I haven't grouped up once and I haven't had any problem doing quests. It's trickier to do the places where the Daedra spawn on your own but there's usually other people there killing stuff too and you don't need to be grouped, everyone who takes part in some small way gets a loot chest at the end.

Combat wise there's dodging and blocking if you learn the visual cues, and of course spamming the mouse button to attack. Special abilities do the most damage ala MMO combat on the number keys, but you can only have five plus one "ultimate" ability on your combat bar (10 once you hit level 15 and get the ability to swap between two weapons) so you have to think about what you want.

Skill wise there's plenty of different choices with each class having three skill lines, one each for the different weapon styles, one for each type of armour (although the abilities in those lines give away what they're for, with Light generally focusing on magicka regen, medium on damage, and heavy on tanking), a few different guild ones, world-based ones like thieving... sorry... legerdemain... and soul trapping, craft skill lines, etc. Once skills you're using (read: on your hotbar) reach a certain point you can morph them into more powerful versions with two options per skill, depending on how you want to play.

There's quite a few build sites knocking around to tell you how best to min/max your character but to be honest if you just want to enjoy the PvE levelling side of the game it doesn't really seem to matter what you pick. Content is easy enough once you understand how it works and everything I've tried so far is viable. Want to be a Sorceror who wears plate and wields a two-handed sword? Go for it, that's actually quite a popular build...

Don't get me wrong this is definitely an MMO, but it looks very nice and there's a couple of little touches that make me forget it sometimes. The voice acting is pretty good, though as per Skyrim you'll hear a lot of the same voices on different NPCs. The big thing that does it for me, strangely, is the fact that you can't run through NPCs but you CAN run through players as if they're not there.

I'm approaching a month playing it now so this is traditionally the time I start getting bored, and as I mentioned to Kryo I doubt I'll ever see endgame, but I've certainly had my money's worth already.
Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 am View user's profile Send private message
theomandus
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
has my sig been updated? lets see

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
*cough*