Post Reply with quote

Getting close to brunes sub-10 "Buy It And Never Play It" mark :D
Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, every month

Does it still have the 3 person strong fanbase, or have the servers shut yet?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Might dive in after my current SWTOR addiction ends.

It is still 50 on Steam though, 70 if you want an imperial. Fucking fantasy land in more ways than one

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Ahaha I just started on SWTOR again :P Great minds...
Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I just resubbed and I am glad I did.

You know it is really like playing Skyrim but on a massive scale. I started with a new character and I am enjoying the questing as it is very similar to Oblivion and Skyrim. The combat feels better than before and overall it is very polished.

Anyone that enjoys Elder Scroll games really should give this a go. All the hate due to price is not a reason for not trying it. The PvP seemed a bit lame and like an add on but the main game seems sound. The crafting is nice and deep but not overwhelming and the story/quests are interesting. Combat is challenging and again has a lot of depth due to the amount of skills you can learn. The RPG bit ie progression and skills is very nice.

Overall I would rate it an 8/10 so far.

It is definitely a great MMO for those who do not have time for being in massive guilds. You can drop in and out of groups to do the tough dungeons and stuff. It is a nice casual game.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I'm seeing on the web they have removed the sub for 6 months option for subscribers....f2p or buy to play within 6 months I guess! Currently available for under a tenner these days online.

Interesting vid here discussing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5seRthYuKO4

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting...

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
At these prices you really should be buying this game.

You will certainly play it for at least 20 hours or so and probably more if you get into a guild and do PvP.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:51 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
It is now going the guild wars route of a one off payment, as predicted!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/21/elder-scrolls-online-f2p/#more-264365

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-death-of-the-subscription-mmo/

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/21/elder-scrolls-online-f2p/#more-264365

Now THAT is something that peaks my interest. I love the idea of paying once, getting your content. They will ofcourse need to tell me how they make other means of revenue first before I am convinced. If there are payment plans which effectly stop me from doing what I want in the game then that could be a deal breaker.

If the release was priced at 20/30 and perhaps each expansion was 20, with no pointless throttling or P2W then I would consider it.
Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Kirbs wrote:
brune wrote:

Now THAT is something that peaks my interest. I love the idea of paying once, getting your content. They will ofcourse need to tell me how they make other means of revenue first before I am convinced. If there are payment plans which effectly stop me from doing what I want in the game then that could be a deal breaker.

If the release was priced at 20/30 and perhaps each expansion was 20, with no pointless throttling or P2W then I would consider it.

This.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
They could pay you to play it, it's still the same shit game you'll get bored of instantly. I'd save your cash

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah the beta did bore me shitless!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Last [PS4] purchase before the summer (yes I cancelled the new Batman game and the FFXIV exp pack does not count as a new game!) and so far it...

Looks like an elder scrolls game...(gfx, sounds, music, the menu even looks like the Skyrim interface for better or worse) and it...
Plays like an elder scrolls games...1st person, 3rd person, skill updates by doing things rather than standard leveling etc).

And if it could, I am sure that it would smell and taste like an ES game too! It really is quite convincingly an elder scrolls game.

The voice acting is okeee but not amazing. Look, I love John Cleese in his many and varied comedy guises, but he can't do VA for shit...His voice is so distinctive that they all come out sounding exactly the same...as does Michael Gambon! Fucking Dumbledore ffs...They got what they paid for o_0!

I've not played enough to say that it is great but it's good enough so far

Quick mention...geographical / location based voice chat channel (or whatever it's called) so you just hear randomners talking as you walk around.

It could be amazing if it wasn't filled with people that I don't really want to hear from! Took a short time to find the off button for that fooker but still, great feature!

Don't the ESO people realise the proper conventions for public transport...surely that applies here?

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I bought it and 30 mins after downloading I regretted it. There is something about it that just doesn't work for me. The world looks bland, un-lived in, and it seems filled with characters that I don't really care about. Perhaps I have been spoiled by ff14 where you get proper cutscenes with characters who actually interact with each other, a storyline that makes you feel completely involved and side quests which, in some places can move you (almost) to tears.

I did try to like this game and I'll give it another chance in the future but to me I think that boat has sailed on it.
Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: