Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Guild Wars 2
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
By the way, if you're still new and want to get involved with a bunch of players (at least if you're in the Human starting area, though I imagine it's the same for others) look out for people talking about a train.

In Queensdale it's basically where people get together and trigger the champion mob fights in order. You hop from waypoint to waypoint killing (usually): Boar, Troll, Oakheart, Spider. The Wasp gets put in occasionally if it spawns. Each champion gives you a blue (fine) item if you get Gold for the event and a bag that nets you a green (masterwork) item and some crafting materials when you open it. Each train usually takes about 5 minutes and it's a sight to behold when the numbers are 20+. Pretty fun, and no need to join groups or anything like that because of the system GW2 uses.

Sometimes the Shadow Behemoth mdk posted sceenshots about comes up and that's a pretty epic fight that can net you some decent loot even into the tier above masterwork if you're lucky.
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry but 'running a train' means summat totally different where I'm from

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
Almost level 52 with my Guardian, I can't stop playing WvWvW! PVP proving alot of fun so far, hardly touched PVE. :D

Finally tried this for this first time. I think I got lucky cause I ported in to it when someone had made themselves a Commander and there was an organised zerg going on. Someone else told me to grab some supply then catch up, and it was basically a case of "Follow us and kill shit".

It was even fun when the 20-ish of us got steamrolled (and I mean that literally) by a group of about 50 from the German server

Gonna have to investigate this a bit more methinks!
Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I seem to have beaten my normal aversion to endgame with my latest stint in GW2. Got my main to 80 (crafting FTW) and have been doing WvW most nights with a different guild, it's massive amounts of fun and we've had some seriously epic fights I even managed to survive. I've never gotten into the PvP side of these types of games before no matter how much I tried, but this one has dragged me in
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Got to level 80 the other week, and I am finally fully gripped. It's epic. I struggle to have a few things going on at once in a game, so I focused on the personal story and levelling, plus a tiny bit of crafting. Now that's out of the way, i've been able to spend more time wandering about, exploring and participating in the larger world boss events and such. Wow. Killed the biggest and hardest boss, Tequatl, the other day, what an epic EPIC fight. Trying to get my weaponsmith/armorsmith to 400 now so I can make a start on getting my legendary greatsword.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOfRSulR_TQ

If you've started playing this and put it down, or havent got to max level yet. It's defo worth giving it a second chance. Also, theyve merged all servers now into 1 big mega server, so world events are immense. There are still 'fake' servers as you were on before to serve the WvWvW stuff. Oh and Lions Arch, the main city, has been fully destroyed. Arena net dont seem to be phased about properly changing the world.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
I seem to have beaten my normal aversion to endgame with my latest stint in GW2. Got my main to 80 (crafting FTW) and have been doing WvW most nights with a different guild, it's massive amounts of fun and we've had some seriously epic fights I even managed to survive. I've never gotten into the PvP side of these types of games before no matter how much I tried, but this one has dragged me in

Good for you, I am hoping to do the same in Elder Scrolls Online but lack the time 😓.

Guild Wars does sound like a quality product.

Wed May 07, 2014 4:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Well you can pick it up for 20 odd quid now No monthly subs, no bullshit advertising ingame. Just a tucked away microtransaction store where you can pick up cosmetic stuff mostly. Defo the right time to start playing

Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Re-installed the other day, my top toon is lvl27. If I can find the will maybe we could get cyber sexy once more kryo!?

Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Depends on the race really. I nearly propositioned a human bird on it the other day, but proportionally, my Norn's cock would probably be as wide as her thigh. It's bad enough being too big for most birds in real life.

What's your ingame name? I wanna get 100% world completion and will probably spend some time in lower level areas.

Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Big old gal Norn warrior, Nanagedden (plus a shed load of alts...)

Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
nanna, nanna, go away come again another day!

Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Living world season 2 is now onto episode 2, and it is absolutely fecking EPIC!!!

For those who dont know, in GW2 lore is constantly being created as you go along by way of episodic story content. Just got a new zone this season too.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Tich

Post Reply with quote
Which server do you guys play on?
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I'm on EU megaserver, Aurora Glade for WvW

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT