Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Guild Wars 2
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Sorry to Necro this but I bought it today, needed something to waste time on as I was getting bored. EVE didn't work out for me, tried Rift briefly but it was far too much like WoW.

I heard some good reviews on this and I was able to get it for just over ú20. Played an hour so far, colour me impressed. Lovely graphics and the story so far seems pretty good. Very nice voice acting and I like the combat.

I'm guessing people have stopped playing by now though?
Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Aye, in my might but probably not play again soon pile

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Is that along with your 'purchased it on sale though I never intended to play it even if it was free' pile?
Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Pretty much GW2 was pretty good but got boring after a while, I think mmo's are really not my bag in their current states

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I'll probably be the same, I even tried putting in Ultima Online again but it just looked too sad seeing an 800x600 screen surrounded by black on a 1920x1080 monitor. Hopefully one day that game will get a revamp, everyone will play it and I'll just run around eating newbies with my dragons.

sigh, one can only hope.
Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I am tempted by this as well. But ESOL will be taking my time me thinks.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I really don't know what to think about this game. Its got some beautiful graphics, lovely designs, and some fun combat. I just wish I could see what the purpose of playing it is. If its not about gear, and its not about getting in to raids, what the hell is it about? I like the idea of dynamic events and I am working my way through the story but other then that it almost feels like a single player game.

I just don't know what the goal of the game is. And if some one says the goal is to have fun that person can promptly go fuck themselves, fun is implied when I play a game or I wouldn't play games at all. But I need a sense of accomplishment from it somewhere.
Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Looks like I can go fuck myself then....promptly

The fun thing is pretty much how I see it to be honest. I really really like this game. It's simply an mmo with all of the annoying bullshit stripped out. It's almost like a group of MMO players sat down and picked all the best ideas and mechanisms from the best MMOs and put them together. Its really easy to put it down and pick it up whenever you fancy a quick blast. Ive had it for about a year and im not even max level yet. Plus I love the level capping per zone, so if the zones at your level are a bit dull, you can find a lower level one to go quest in/explore and you'll still gain comparable XP

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Haha nice one Kryo. I was reading some peoples comments online before posting and it really annoyed me when people said the goal is too have fun, thats why I came off a bit aggressive in that post. It seems that its very difficult to pinpoint what the game is about because we all assume that MMOs are super easy games which are more about the grind. This game however really is not easy. I've died more times in an hour than I did in a year playing WoW because I'm in an area only 2 levels above me.

I think the satisfaction from the game comes from controlling your character and beating an enemy rather then the carrot on the stick reward that you get in other games.

I'm going to give this a bit more of a try before I pass judgment on it again. I was toying between this and Rift but after Guild Wars 2 I don't think I can go back to the grindy nature of WoW clones.
Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, I do own this but I never really got very far... I might download it again and see if I can remember WTF I was doing. I do remember jumping in on quite a few quests that popped up and having fun with complete randomers, but the ability to do things solo also appealed to me. Was quite fond of the twitch dodge mechanics too, though never very good at it.
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I like it but I always run out of steam after a bit.

In the first one you had so many things to build up your character, just recruiting all the henchmen and capturing the various skills and building a team took a very long time, whereas in GW2 I found the skill selection very limited.

However, they have done a lot of things right like bank access from the crafting stations, individual resource nodes, little shit that makes life a lot easier.

Picking up all the markers and viewpoints in a zone is actually fun and not grindy and with that art style it is a lovely looking game... Ah crap, now I want to go play it again

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yes yes come play it, ALL of you come play it and justify my purchase!
Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I might log in over the weekend. When this launched it ran like shit on my PC but they've improved performance a fair bit.

Last time I tried it (a week or two ago) there was basically no one online anywhere. The world was empty.

So yeah, single player

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Thats weird, there is people everywhere from what I have seen. Is it a low player server you are on?
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Kirbs wrote:
Thats weird, there is people everywhere from what I have seen. Is it a low player server you are on?

Good question...and how the fuck do I find out? I selected a server when I rolled first toon and you stick with it from what I;ve seen.

Happy to delete and start again , or move etc. What server are you on?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: