Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Diablo 3
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Having killed years old players with two week old characters much of what you said isn't true.

this doesn't proof anything and I didnt say you couldnt

Quote:
I used to believe that, but then I really got into frigate combat and you quickly realise its not the case.

believe what?

Quote:
One aspect of the myriad of combinations is many players simply do not know the capabilities of themselves and their potential targets. It leads to a lot of cookie cut fits and fights only happening when they are certain of a win. Its those very conditions that allow you to isolate and destroy players of greater skill point and ship class than yourself to their genuine dismay.

yeah whatever...

Quote:
I'm no pro pvp'er, but I certainly check out the ship hulls and establish what weapons they have before I even engage. Understanding common fits lets you know possible weakness. I see a destroyer at 50km fit out with small artillery and im in my rifter I know I got a win.

duh?

Quote:
On paper the destroy is custom built to kill me, but he/she made some mistake.

1. His guns wont track me when I come with in gun range.
2. He has good alpha but again I can reduce the incoming damage by manual spiralling into the target.
3. He is likely to stick around for me to get a point scram on him (as he believes he has the advantage over me).

There are tactics and counter tactics, fits and counter fits. Large number of your enemies will use any way to improve the odds in their favour.

The key is to respond to the ever changing situation with the emphasis on survival. Oh and except the fact you will lose ships of great value.

Then you get the heart pumping oh shit moments.

mjah, lots of assumptions about the other party and a general story of tactics - great. all warfare is based on deception

yeah you loose the ship that takes forever to get, nice 'realistic' stuff that gets your 'heart' pumping hmm hmm sure. It sucks ass BIG time

and a story like this will make it rather worse to be honest. I have spoken to players that have progressed further and partake in huge battles and even though i can understand that gets your heart pumping (not taking on a noob destroyer that is alone fucking about) still the actual battle has mainly to do with a very tight team coordination and even though you can manage some parts with pure tactic and outwitting, a lot of it you are simply completely chance-less

What gets my blood pumping is the actual battle where i am not activating skills where after jumping into hyperspace, not call of duty either that just gives you flat action and a regeneration that is just stupid.

what I like is games where the emphasis is on the actual fighting dynamic, whether i am wielding a sword and bow or a machine gun or a plasma rifle or whether I am driving a tank or a spaceship the actual fighting itself is what gets my blood pumping and with EVE it is hardly fighting, rather activating some stuff and looking at some fireworks and then going back quickly to HQ to recover from the small piece of action that amounted to some flashes of light and some health-bars and shield-bars shifting
Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
why are you such a cunt? Eve would suit you.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Try Hardcore in Diablo 3, that gets the adrenaline flowing! No respawn with an insurance payout with this one, you do lose everything.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
FordPrefect wrote:
why are you such a cunt? Eve would suit you.

this cunt will watch the startrek from the 80's if he wants explosions in space and hours of nothing

cheers

Quote:
Try Hardcore in Diablo 3,

I don't find hardcore viable at the moment, they should change the difficulty ramp properly first and I don't trust the servers enough at the moment - inferno is cool except some stuff they have to change quick though (legendaries, drop chance spread over the acts, monster difficulty ramp)
Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
So anyone still playing this?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Last time I heard my Aunt from Essex was was but that was before the doggy thing.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
hehehe

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Only just remembered to re-install it on my new PC. Just trying to summon up enough enthusiasm to actually play it now. It is currently losing out to Risen and Arkham City.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FordPrefect wrote:
So anyone still playing this?

occasionally...

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crendel
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
D3 was a terrible waste of time. Essentially a couple of wow-instances and an AH that you're expected to grind forever. Really a let down from Blizz.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah it got old fast for me, having said that it probably gave me 30+ hours of enjoyment for ú20, better than a lot of games I have bought!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:37 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
Diablo 3 developers have made some critical mistakes that make the game for the longer term not much fun to play.

Much of the skills in diablo 3 i find unbalanced or even useless, still there are some really cool skills and ways to fight that are original and entertaining and different to play

For improvements, they introduced better legendary, and some changes that should have been taken on before - still I think the items could be much better and also the changes in skills afterwards is a sign that they never came to a tweaked out setting for all the skills and probably won't any time soon

What I missed was the challenge in the end, i killed too quick too easily on inferno and the newly introduced paragon system isn't enough to keep me entertained (and yes I was entertained, played this game through with a couple of players on teamspeak)

The thing that is needed is better challenges. Like harder bosses and what do you know they are working on something along those lines, which is cool - but we will have to see if this will bring back the appeal for lvl 60 players.

Like guild wars 2 has, not that I want to directly compare the 2, but for a part I do think guild wars 2 has the bosses done quite nicely and I think diablo will need a higher level packed with a much higher variety of monsters and challenges or even separate challenges for groups and teamplay since I don't think that just pvp will fill this gap.

One of the things that i do notice in general is the lack of constructive or even any specific criticism that is based on actual experience and not some kind of trend of how everyone thinks.

Mainly the complaints have come from players that were used to the practically endless leveling of diablo 2 that were disappointed by diablo 3 at higher levels that it doesn't offer enough challenge on the long term and from here many have come down to spill their guts on the forums of diablo 3 about this and I can relate to many of them

I will keep an eye on this one for the add on as the story hasn't quite ended yet, but for players that have played this game through the end game at the moment is basically not present which is or must be worrisome - the game will be left after some time by anyone playing it despite the fact that it has a good production and quality which isn't the end of the world or actually in diablo's case it is already passed the end of the world and we are standing here with our goddamn awesome gear thinking: 'now what?'
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Okee! Patch 2.0 has gone live. I decide to give it a go as there's a few things I like the look of in the patch and the upcoming expansion, maybe these could fix the faults I found with it when it launched.... oh dear.

WARNING! Extended rant incoming!

Logged in, fucked up my password entry ONCE (fat-finger syndrome), account got locked have to respond to an email that they never sent. After around 40mins of fucking about resetting passwords and shite I finally give in and contact support. They tell me my account isn't locked... erm, wtf? Clearly I must be hallucinating the fuck-off sign on my screen that tells me different then. Ok, I try and log in again, still can't, support still say it isn't locked, it still is locked, I still cant unlock it without the email that they won't send because one part of them says it isn't locked and the other part doesn't give a shit and says otherwise.

I send a screenshot. As screenies go this one is a work of art. It has two windows open on my desktop. One is their Battle.net support email telling me my account isn't locked, the other is my locked Battle.net account screen. Support goes quiet, I send a grumpy old man email pointing out that once again their stupid online system is stopping me from playing a single-player game. Guess what they did? Go on, you'll never get it

They sent me a survey asking if I was satisfied with their support They asked if I would buy more Blizzard products and if I would recommend Blizzard to my friends... 7,000 characters is not that much when you are in full-on rant mode but I think whoever reads it at Blizzard may just about have an idea just how fucking miffed I am

Steam does it but Steam works ALL THE TIME. I just looked through this thread; May 20th 2012 I couldn't log in. Jesus fucking christ, TWO FUCKING YEARS LATER and these useless arseholes still can't get their shit together. What the fuck are they spending all that money on?

The list of bust game studios is long and illustrious. It has companies on it like Westwood, Black Isle, Looking Glass and Acclaim. One day, Blizzard will go onto that list. On that day, I'll raise a glass to all the executives who can't understand how a company that sold that many games lost so much money after pissing off all it's customers by simply not giving a shit any more. Hopefully EA will go down the tubes on the same day. Sadly gamers are fuckwits and will keep giving these twats money for the foreseeable future

Oh well, bypassed all the shit with the authenticator in the end. Still haven't heard from support again

New patch is live, new loot system is in, enjoy it... if you can

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
All fine for me! No problems so far...

Just kidding, not touched this game since launch.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Me either but I'm considering giving it another try, any one else?
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: