Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Diablo 3
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Diablo 3 Reply with quote
From what I have seen this project is gonna be awesome. Everything is made custom, the physics engine, 3d engine. Animations and music seem really good too and the coop mode is flexible so it can easily be used as mmo. The release date is set to 15-05-2012 and I would find it cool to fire this demon up with a couple of players and teamspeak if there are any diablo fans out here.
Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I now have an interest in this, loved Diablo 1 and 2 and played D2 for years. What do you mean everything is made custom? I don't know much about Diablo 3, I'll be amazed if it's better than Diablo 2 , but we'll see.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
well they made a physics engine especially for this game instead of employing an external existing engine like havok (havok physics, like in half life 2). it just shows they are actually doing something and not just letting the fans wait for some cheap diablo 2 rip off. The animations and fighting is going to be smooth as silk.
Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I have this on pre-order

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Carter wrote:
I have this on pre-order

Same here

However, I am a tad worried having read an early Dev comment on how they were thinking of a console release. Now my last run through Diablo 2 I think I was using about 10 different hot keys, can't really do that on a controller. Kinda worried they'll have 'streamlined' it for 'wider audience appreciation' or some other such shite. Not sure Diablo can take much dumbing down

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Their "WoW" cash machine might suggest otherwise... I mean there is a certain amount of pc dedication right there!

God I sound like a fan-boy Forgive I, I is tired ;_;

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Carter wrote:
God I sound like a fan-boy Forgive I, I is tired ;_;

Nah, I'm sure it'll be great. I'm just feeling a bit more cynical than usual towards the game industry in the wake of the Mass Effect 3 endings

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
i have it on pre-order 2 even if it was only to pay of my diablo 2 that I have played way too much without buying. I think it would be cool if we joined forces since the most I have done in diablo 2 was play it alone, sometimes on LAN and I liked this a lot - so it would be cool to get some characters together. I don't mind picking a character that fits the group.
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Add me on the pre-order list, managed to snag it on amazon for 22.99 months ago

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I keep reading posts saying they're disapointed with the beta, then it gets replies saying they're talking nonsense and that the game is great. Who to believe?

Blizzard hasn't disapointed me yet, well, apart from the crappy WoW expansions, that game was great at release.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
I keep reading posts saying they're disapointed with the beta, then it gets replies saying they're talking nonsense and that the game is great. Who to believe?

Blizzard hasn't disapointed me yet, well, apart from the crappy WoW expansions, that game was great at release.

I cannot say much about the game at this point or about people that comment on the beta, what I can say is the team of developers is astonishing:

-the main visual artists of fallout 1 is one of the developers and also one of the godfathers of a game called darksiders is one of the developers

-one of the lead designers of warhammer 40k is one of the developers

-programmer and designer of both parts of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: mots. and founder of Nihilistic Software - Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (he also worked on an add-on for starcraft or some shit)

- this dude Russell Brower worked together with Matt Uelmen on some of the music of the epic music in diablo 1 and 2, it sounds like russell brought the old days back and luckily didnt make it sound anything like world of warcraft (thank the devil for that)

-many ancient designers that have been around since interesting shit happened in general in the game industry are on it
Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vizix
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
I think some nice setups would be would be:

-bow chick, I would use rapid fire and multishot kind of shit and boost up everything that has to do with firerate
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/active/

-the necro, hes called witch-doctor, i would simply base this character around the skill firebomb
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/active/

- a monk, also has a healing skilll, dunno if its worth it to have a dedicated healer yet but he can kick some ass too. This character is like a combination between the paladin and the assassin of diablo 2. This makes me tend to set this character up as a quick critical hit striker. Like the skill sweeping wind, it can recharge with criticals. Thats brutal.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/

- barbarian, soaking up damage and the direct brute force, i'd say that skills that increase criticals might come in real handy. Very simplistic also, one skill lots of damage lots of times.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/active/

- wizard, for some mass damage. She would work nicely in a group when she is frosty since she can slow opponents which makes them easy pickings
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/
Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Open Beta this weekend :D

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4105609/Diablo_III_Open_Beta_Weekend_-20_04_2012#blog

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Does it still come complete with the "features" of needing an always-on internet connection to play and the complete inability to pause even when playing single-player? :P
Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Tera vs. Guild Wars 2 vs. Diablo 3 is really heating up. Poor Tera won't stand a chance, and any smart player would enjoy both GW2 and D3. :D

Thanks for the heads up Brune, I'm dowloading right now. :D

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: