Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Darkfall 2.0
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Combat is the same shit m8, not a patch on Chivalry/War of the Roses/Warband.

I remember it being different, like when you hit something it looked like you hit it rather than this slash through the air shit. Perhaps I got rose tinted glasses on thinking back on this game.

I am stuck on giving this another try or defiance or PS2 or just doing some much needed mining in Eve....I think i will make a cup a tea.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
http://syncaine.com/2013/03/25/dfuw-the-brilliance-of-the-prowess-system/

Quote:
In short, the system rewards the kind of player behavior you want to encourage, which is basically going out and playing the game rather than doing boring/exploitive activities just to progress. It keeps the barrier-of-entry reasonable, while still retaining a very long character progression path. And most importantly, it feels fun and rewarding, both on a micro and a macro scale.

Funny that it took 15+ years, and a small indie studio to get us there, but better late than never.

A good article telling you about the rather good prowess system now used in DF:UW.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yep prowess is an excellent step forward

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OmegrAve
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
It sounds nice....but not that different from current systems? In fact, it sounds exactly like the PS cert system. If I may distill it down to one sentence, that might be "maxing multiple weapon skills or role skills does not make you more powerful, it simply gives you more options" I think? Having more options, in itself, makes you more powerful, doesn't it? We see that "right here" in Planetside in people who've got all the guns being able of fetching the one (shotgun, high-powered sniper rifle, lock-on missile launcher) that gets the current job done.

Perhaps I'm absolutely talking out of my ass because I have no clue how Darkfall plays.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Not sure how the prowess system affects end game, all I know is that it makes you want to try and do everything in the world, gives you some guidance in this sandbox.

Also like this, the naming and shaming of hackers. :D
http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

And this.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364346-Great-Launch-Great-Updates

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Currently 7k prowess and it really is a very good system, opens the game up to all players, especially with the larger "safe" zones.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Yes I am enjoying it as well, not as much as the original when it first came out but they seem tp have done a good job this time. The UI is excellent and once you get used to it, is fast and easy to use.

Not that happy with the class restrictions but it is better than everyone playing the same build.

Once this goes on Steam it should increase the population. You never know Adventurine might have cracked it this time. I have only played a few houra if that though....time will tell.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I hear lots of players go Warrior, get lots of prowess, then swap to Skirmisher or Primalist which are harder classes to play, I may very well do the same. Loving the PVE so far, I love the fact you can't repair gear, everything eventually breaks so everything will always be in demand, once that player market goes live, should be brilliant. I hate the new models, how every race looks the same but at the same time I appreciate there being no silly racial bonuses to break PVP or size differences which affects weapon reach or hitboxes. I just love the fact Darkfall UW is far more accessible and I'm having a very enjoyable time then I ever did in DF1.

And, you don't get MMO's like DF:UW anymore, thankgod for indie developers to be honest.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
*points at the bent black dildo in the background*

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well spotted Lugs!

Brune, how did you get 7k prowess so quickly? You with that KDS clan group farming mob spawns?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
LOL.

Is that Greek Nazi still playing with them KDS then? That was so funny listening to this guy shouting at his clan saying how shit they were and how he was going to make them into a fighting force. I mean seriously guy get a life.

Do you remember that time we (Dodge) infiltrated LEF and his merry band. He was the outfit leader of an outfit I can't recall the name of now and was just shouting at his guys in German, I mean how is that fun? Why would people play a game to be shouted at by some utter dick?

Some of KDS were a good laugh though. I remember that one guy that did not have a mic (or so he said) so would just type responces Thomas or something.

That for me is where Darkfall 1 fell down, the fact that you had to be in some uber clan to own a big city and then all there was to do was clan a vs clan b, epeen my clan is better than yours. Dull, shallow and a bit sad really.

I am hoping there is some different play styles on offer here.

What is your name MDK ?

I am Indi Vestor, a skirmisher at the moment. So can you change profession anytime without any penalties then? That is a bit of an odd mechanic.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Honelith Mason, went Warrior. The only penalty it seems changing your school is that if you spent alot of your prowess on Warrior then switched to Primalist, because you get diminishing returns on prowess after a certain amount, it'll take you far longer to get your Primalist combat worthy. Once you have 6000 prowess, your prowess gain is halved, once you reach 40,000 prowess, you only gain 25% prowess. I like the idea of unlocking both Warrior and Skirmisher but it'll take a very looooooooong time.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Poisonous stug was the greek, what a cunt - left KDS in DF1. The other guy was Chris the Mute!

11k prowess now (yes I am a warrior)

Do the padded leather feat chain (2k prowess), skin everything and kill all the lowbie mobs to get all the feats in the safe zone. I have not even done the recommended hags and ogre bullies yet.

I have amassed all my prowess in the human safe area around Sanguine - the dungeon is GREAT for rawhide, I get 400-600 rawhide + 300-500 gold in about an hour. Also bushraiding ftw!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
LOL.

Do you remember that time we (Dodge) infiltrated LEF and his merry band. He was the outfit leader of an outfit I can't recall the name of now and was just shouting at his guys in German, I mean how is that fun? Why would people play a game to be shouted at by some utter dick?

Ha yeah i remember that.
What a cunt he was.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: