Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
SWTOR
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Apologies for arriving to the discussion late chaps.

SWTOR was an interesting one for me. Sure it was a clone to wow in the general design but the combat was really sleek and the voice acting really appreciated - I actually paid attention to quest text! Not to mention the fact that you got to play with light sabers.

After that however, the poorly designed areas of the game really got to you. The auction house was dreadful, really really dreadful. Inexcusable if you ask me - its not exactly the first game auction house out there. The companions missions thing (sorry its been a long time) was very useful, however extremely irritating. They would always return at the most inconvenient point possible and it wasn't long until they felt like a chore.

In my opinion though, the main reason why this and all other "wow clones" fail is simple. Lack of end game. It was when I was informed by a mate that the end game was non existent that I quit the game. That's a Damn shame because it is a fun game and it does play well, even if the quest hubs are incredibly repetitive.

But that's my two cents.

And apologies for the poorly written post - wine + mobile phone typing = spontaneous gibberish

Quote:
"The only thing you can do with a rowntree's fruit pastille is chew."

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
You might want to give it another look then, depending on when you last played. The auction system is much improved with search facilities that actually work and the new price per item column. You can also CTRL+left click an item in your inventory to put that whole name in the search box, not sure if you could do that before cause I never actually tried! Companions coming back from missions don't pop up the box if you're in a cutscene or fighting any more, and generally it stays as a little "Pending" box until you click it if you were busy when they finished.

As for end-game, I wouldn't know about that as I've never made it to 50 let alone 55!
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
When will the Star Wars license end I wonder? Think Bioware would renew it?

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, unfortunately I think SWTOR was just a fad for me and will remain that way - played it from Beta to 1-2 months post live. I still play wow and although I still think the basic combat mechanics in SWTOR are better than WoW that isn't enough to drag me away from a good community of friends on wow and twice weekly progressional raiding.

I might return to it on a just for fun basis at some point but I was chatting to a guildie in wow who recently returned to the game and he said it feels awful compared to how it felt during launch due to the f2p/p2p split. Not sure how much truth is in that though?

Quote:

I resent that comment, I can think of many other things to do with a fruit pastille
Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
To be honest unless someone starts complaining about it in General you can't really tell who's F2P and who isn't, and I found playing as a Preferred status player was perfectly acceptable if you don't do things like Flashpoints, Warzones, or much crafting. Since a lot of the better gear now comes from the cartel packs and you can generally buy it all on the GTN, I find with crafting the best method is just to take gathering skills and sell the materials anyway.

Then again I don't generally group up (except with Masacre sometimes) and play to work through the story or to have a few fights in Galactic Starfighter anyway.
Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fooicus
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
That's a fair point but I get massive FOMO lol

Quote:

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Morbeth
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip on the search for the market, will need to go test it. It always annoys me not knowing what the current going price for an item is on the market.

Though the thing that annoys me about the "Auction house", is that it's not an auction house at all. You just put what ever price you want for an item and that's it, no bidding at all. At least WoW let you set a starting and buyout price for items. Allowing some fluctuation in the item pricing allows for the player market to actually get established so that acceptable prices for items will eventually work themselves out.

[Edit]
Just tried the Galactic market thing, it was Shift-(Left)-Click for me to populate the name search field. Still quite handy, saves me from having to type the name of an item in!

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I started playing this again the other day and decided I didn't like the loading screen, so I made my own:

What can I say, modding opportunities for this thing are extremely limited!
Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
My new Sith Assassin ready for some weekend action, with his giant purple dildo and his penis machine:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Fat Sith Marauder also created Red somethingorother server, yes?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yup, Red Eclipse
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
So the latest update, Galactic Strongholds, just hit yesterday.

Basically you can have a home, either on one of the capital planets, Nar Shaddaa, or Tatooine right now. All your characters can access it, but ones from opposing sides have to pay a credit fee (1k) to be "smuggled" into the stronghold if it's in enemy territory. Set yourself up in Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine and you're fine. Subscribers between now and September get the Nar Shaddaa one for free, ones on a capital world cost 5k credits, and Tatooine is more expensive.

The system is surprisingly good for player housing. There's an awful lot of decorations and useful stuff you can collect and place, and each "hook" in the rooms can be modified in layout and once you put stuff down you can adjust its rotation (in 5 degree increments) and X/Y offset to get it exactly where you want. The different layouts have hooks of different sizes etc, one might have four medium hooks which can be changed to two medium and four small and so on. You can even put down any vehicles you've collected and all your companions (who you can talk to like it's a rest area) while still having access to them outside the stronghold.

The good bit is the useful stuff you can put in. The tutorial gives you a mailbox and a new Legacy Storage thingy, which means you can put stuff in it and any character in your Legacy has access to it. Bloody great for crafting materials! You can also end up with a GTN terminal and Cargo Hold access in there as well, making it a proper base so you never really need to set foot on the Fleet again. There are some low-level placeables that let you harvest the basic resources too, though you can only do that a certain amount at a time.

There's a whole bunch of stuff about Guild Capital ships and Conquest something-or-another but I'm unlikely to get involved in any of that so I didn't pay much attention. Guild Flagships parked over a planet provide bonuses to any members there, people can do PvP stuff to conquer something, yadda yadda. Go look it up if that's your thing

It's not a bad update actually, I can see the Stronghold stuff being quite popular with carebears!
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Fat Sith Marauder also created Red somethingorother server, yes?

So Neo will be a light side Sith because he doesn't want to act like a dick even in a game, I'm assuming Brune will be full on dark side knobend because.. well, got to be some perks to being a Sith right?

Now just to clear up the motivational side of things, my Bounty Hunter healer doesn't give a stuff about light or dark. I'm rolling a skint new character and frankly I'm just here for the loot.

No credits, no heals!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Nothing like a bit of inter-party conflict to keep things interesting! And keep the insults flying on TS

I've already got my orange gear on and all the mods I need up to level 25 so far, working on 27 and 29
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I thought we were starting from scratch?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:51 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: