Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
SWTOR
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post SWTOR Reply with quote
I had previously shown little interest in this one, but when I read this paragraph, it sounded intriguing.

Quote:
"We're surprised each time we see The Old Republic because of how much stuff there is to do: competitive player-versus-player (PVP), raid instances (known as "flashpoints"), romanceable companions who do all your crafting for you, your own portable housing in the form of a spaceship, space combat gameplay, and tons of story-driven player-versus-environment (PVE) content custom-tailored to each character class."

- Andrew Park, Managing Editor, gamespot.com

I've heard it's dull, but it seems it wants to be different, and there's definately alot on offer with this game. So, anyone know more about this game want to share some juicy game features? :D

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Vendetta

Post Reply with quote
i do.. i have been waiting for this game for over 4 years now.. it should eb coming out soon i hope ! cant say much.. only thing i know is its gonna kick ass !

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I will buy this game 100%

However i doubt it will make a happy man. This is not roam free in star wars, this is bioware and they are really linear.

So it will be nice romp but not a real sandbox star wars experience. I am different amounst others that thought the original SWG was pants - it was EQ in space, I liked the combat upgrade as a star wars game in my opinion should always be a fps pew pew game.

Sony missed a massive trick when they made both PS and SWG at the same time, if SWG had PS combat from the start off it would how have been the best MMO ever and WOW would not have had its 12 million subs.

But never mind.

So I am not that interested in this bioware product as I find all their games linear and thought that games like fall out and oblivion would have stopped this but it apears there is still a market for ring through the nose playing.

I will buy but not be happy I bet. I have to buy as it is Star Wars
Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
There was a fairly in-depth video leaked a while back. Looks unoriginal but very polished.

Still don't see how they get around the fact that the average MMO player is an obnoxious juvenile retard, probably the complete opposite of the Jedi they are supposed to be playing

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
LIke wise I hold this game with complete caution - It will be a wow fest I am sure wow in space.

So that knocks another future mmo out the water - god i am getting tired of this shit. Are no developers listening to what we want? Why does sandbox = poor quality, why does it mean no development?

Darkfall could have been amazing if they added race wars, other things to do.

Planetside 2 i guess is not going to stop all that it will still be a frag fest and good one at that, i just want a good fps game with RPG elements to it !

Why is it so hard to make a PlanetSide type of game with more elements to it?

But then the devs look at the market and they see they 12 million people are ready and willing to play a game they makes you fetch x of y and kill f and x and then do it all over again to get better x weapon or y armour.

Man .....

Is the MMo thing dead?

How can people play the EQ clones anymore? Yet they still do.
RIFT sold well, AION did as well....

Odd.

I recall trying WOW and then suddenly thinking - oh wait on - I have played this before - like in Dark ages of camalot, eq, eq 2, and every other clone.

Well I guess we shall see with PlanetSide 2 as it is now officially called.
Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4257484#4257484

Please comment.
Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
There was a fairly in-depth video leaked a while back. Looks unoriginal but very polished.

You watched that link I spammed then - it was very Star WoW wasn't it. I have it on order and will be interested if I sub after the first free month.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Lets face it most people are going to buy this game - but yes it will be interesting if people stay for more than one month.
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
A new E3 trailer here.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/game-features

Something about it really interests me, maybe it's the deep storytelling, not just the dull wall of text you get in typical MMO's about some guy you don't care about coming home to find his pet rabbit gone, and off you go to investigate where it is. Just looks really interesting.

I'm definately getting this game, loving the companions feature and developing your crew, although I'm to think space combat has you stuck on rails (Like Starfox/Starfox 64) and not 360 degrees open space exploration like EVE Online? Not sure about that one, I'm hoping it has open space exploration

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am View user's profile Send private message
KopMcginty
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I expect the environment and story to be top notch. Can't see any less from the makers of KoToR. Added to that though is the total sameness of the mechanics and I don't know if I can see myself bothering even though i do think it would be fun 'for a while'.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
I'm hoping it has open space exploration

It does not. Space and space combat a most likely expansion I imagine.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KopMcginty
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The only space stuff I have found for it is an "on rails" shooter affair.

/sigh

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
That's it.. for release anyway.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Space was one of the things SWG did right in my opinion. It was full FPS pew pew manual targeting.

Best thing was to invite someone onto your ship and then travel to a new planet together. Awesome.
Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
sounds very romantic, or gay

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: