Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Dead Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Dead Island
KopMcginty
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The vid is funny, his cough is hilarious.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Well after disabling dual screens and steam in game it run fine for me still a few bugs but not so that it gets in the way of the game.

I died kicking a beach ball, and at the end of a quest so its not perfect but that not the normal.

However for a game presented as a sandbox its not, areas are just invisible walled off or locked until you complete earlier quest. Ok the story maybe broken by no linear play but fallout manages it. Lot of the quest are flimsy at best and also the crafting system requires blueprints you can't just experiment with the bits you picked up. However the game is fun, I played it hours with noko and we been pissing about beating up folk. Play it light heartedly and try to make sure everyone stays levels in coop and it be fun certainly worth 23 quid (thanks brune).

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
About 11 hours in still in Act 1! Finding it a much more enjoyable single player experience than I thought I would, the sound is quite atmospheric especially when you hear the screaming and await the fast mob of zombies or you hear a Thug zombie roaring nearby! I love all the over the top gore, nothing better than cutting a zombies arms off, watch the stumps spout blood as it fails to bite you then decapitate it and move ont the next one! :D

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
About 7 hours into the game, level 9. Really enjoying the game also. Considering the game is set in broad daylight and you're surrounded by a lovely beach and pools, it's quite a tense game in the atmosphere department, you get into quite a panic when zeds come rushing at you from all angles and one gets too close and pounces on you and you have to try and beat it off.

I also like all the detailed decapitations and all the different ways you can kill them, I once cut the top part of a zeds head off and the thing lumbered towards me swinging its arms blind, before it fell to it's knees and rolled forward dead, nice.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
you have to try and beat it off

hehehe

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
There's an interesting mod called Dead Island Plus, which increases realism and difficulty. I'm waiting for a few more updates before trying myself, but it's nice to see some mod support already.

Ths thread lists all the mods so far, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106453

And the Firsts of Rage mod looks super fun, watch here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLadZotBuE :D

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
had a little tinkly tried to make svetlana pay more xp for diamonds but buggered my save game instead.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:03 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
rofl!!! 1 min 55 for the Brazilian!

http://kotaku.com/5843556/evidently-dead-islands-xian-does-not-wear-panties-%5Bnsfw%5D

Quote:

Evidently, Dead Island’s Xian Does Not Wear Panties [NSFW]

Intrepid videographer HazardHeresy noticed that when leggy survivor Xian struggles to her feet in Dead Island, you can get a glimpse of her landing strip. No, really, she's going commando. Fast forward that video past the stupid-long preamble to 1:53 and you'll see what he's talking about—helpfully zoomed in close-up.

As grateful as I am for this particular bit of research I don't think this rises to the level of scandal, certainly not "Hot Coffee," which involved actual sex-having. This is an M-rated game. Know what else was M-rated? Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned, and that featured full-frontal nudity. Male nudity, as in, actual wiener. So, no, even if the ESRB hall monitors missed this, it's not gonna get the game pulled.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
rofl

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Great, all the kiddies are going to be spamming grenades just to get a glimpse.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
enjoy

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
hmm unless I play near a mirror in game I wont be seeing any of that far east punani.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
So there's a new update for Dead Island. Great right, a patch after all these weeks? Only problem is, the patch broke the game, you can't launch it. Haha, Techland releasing one screw up after another, class. :D

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Is \ was 50 percent off this weekend. I would buy but too many other games unplayed on steam!

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
FreedomShot wrote:
Is \ was 50 percent off this weekend. I would buy but too many other games unplayed on steam!

I didn't bother, decided to wait and see if it's cheaper during steam christmas sale...I mean that's not far off now hehe.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: