Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
D&D players

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic View previous topic
View next topic
D&D players
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post D&D players Reply with quote
Anyone play D&D online? As in the table top version.

Been trying to get into it a bit. Its fun.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Not played it since secondary school Sry m8y 😒

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Not online at the moment but we started an after-work group at the end of last summer. No one had played it before, somehow I ended up as DM and now its a bit of a monster

We all learned a lot from watching the Critical Role episodes; voice actors doing D&D! Apparently D&D is having something of a resurgence at the moment.

The common online tool is Roll20 and, while I use a projector for the maps and Roll20 is a really nice tool, it doesn't work offline so I use Maptool instead.

There is a write up of our first session here: http://chapsthatwrite.com/?p=443

I can't help with the online part but you have questions about the game, those I can do

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Nice write up as usual Tenz!

D&D and then AD&D ruled my life from 1983 to about 1988

I remember my grandparents buying me my D&D Basic box set in Hamleys, London to begin my roleplaying career of coming up with really bad charactor names! Granulex the fighter and Zarron Daark the neutral evil cleric, I salute you!

Soon my roleplaying universe expanded with the delights of Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, Chill, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying, Palladium, Top Secret/S.I., MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying), Judge Dredd RPG, Space Master and Runequest..takes a breath!

College/Poly finally killed off my obsession (replaced by becoming a long haired gig/festival monster) and the fact that during card nights with my mates when peeps ran out of cash +3 swords etc would end up in the hat by various DM's!

It would be interesting to see how well it works online, but these days most of my gaming is taking place on a ipad!! (bloomin kids! )

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stoutey

Post Reply with quote
Man, I'm so jealous of you for being into D&D back in the hay-day. I just wasn't exposed to it and missed the whole thing. Trying to keep my pinky toe in the water these days but finding active groups in real life is tough.
Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I used to have a group that played 3E every Saturday before going to the pub and then up town. Ahh, good days... I came to D&D quite late (22 at the time) and I don't think I've touched 4E and not even looked at 5E. I had some exposure to 2E through the old classics like Pools of Radiance and Baldur's Gate.

Dodge if you do get playing online let me know how it goes, my group is long disbanded but I still miss the days of spending 3 hours playing and 5 hours taking the piss
Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: