Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Who in Fight Club is going to Play Star Citizen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic

I am not interested in Star Citizen
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I plan to play later (post-release)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
I am on the fence still
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Already got a ship thanks
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Got a ship and playing regularily
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
I tried to do a sort-of "patch" for the company too, here's the full size and one for the 175x175 space to the bottom left of the header image:

Spot on Neonin!

I will have a mess around tonight and we can see how it looks.

Chrome you show your age with references like that mate. Yes I too have been pretty unhappy with Elite, it just seems like a dead universe. Star Citizen on the other hand or what little there is off it is teaming with detail, history/lore. I really would invest a bit of time in it as having a full FPS shooter as well as space sim is something pretty special.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
saphir
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I bought a package with a ship, will play the game.
But at the moment no time and not enough traffic left on my internet account to download the really huge updates all the time.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Hi Saphir, I know what you mean about the download size!

The next patch 2.4 will add persistence to the mini universe with currency and ability to buy ships, ammo , clothing etc in game. I am also hoping that planetary landings are in and you can fly from the space station down to Staunton port....Not likely but it would be great to witness the planetary landings first hand.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
If anyone has not signed up for an account at the Star Citizen webby then please use my referral code !

STAR-3DLN-MWXX

Ta

Alpha 2.4 coming out very soon. It added persistence to the mini universe. This game can not be developed quick enough for me!

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
OK so it is free to play till the 25th.

Lets see if we can get enough people in to have an in universe meeting even if it is just a few of us.

Meeting : Friday 22nd April 8pm - TS Star Citizen Channel

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
So nearly a year later and not so much progress to show when you play the Alpha. However everything seems to be ticking along interms of development if we take the YouTube updates to be representative of what is going on.

In the last year Star Citizen has moved over to Amazon Lumberyard game engine, whist that sounds like a massive slow down it is not as Lumberyard uses CryEngine it just updates the backdoor stuff to make it more MMO/Multiplayer friendly. So there is no need for the developers to change any existing assets. I think that is a positive as they were really struggling making an MMO out of CryEngine as it stands. Hopefully it will mean the end result is a proper MMO like Eve rather than an instance thing like Elite although having 1000 ships in one area in Star Citizen still sounds like an impossibility given the detail of the models.

Space to planet and planet to space is the next big thing that will happen in Alpha 3.0 due out this year.

Star Marine the game within a game has been released in Alpha and is a pretty good FPS. To clarify the Alpha at the moment is made up of 3 main modules: Persistent Universe – this will become the actual game; Star Marine – FPS module; Arena Commander – space ship module.

AI, missions and NPCs – These already feature in Alpha 2.6.1 but to a limited degree. Star Citizen has very high ambitions for AI but for 3.0 See Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4p3odw/subsumption_ai/ in a nut shell they want NPCs that have a full day cycle and that go about picking up cargo, delivering, in a nut shell NPSs that have lives. Also there is to be a reputation system where you gain favour or disfavour with various NPCs. All sounds good.

At present in the persistent universe there is only one star system and there is not a lot to do in it but once you can land on the planets (in Alpha 3.0) then it really will be a showcase for what the end game will be like.

But this was all started in 2011, 6 years ago now. The hanger modules where you could see the ships you had paid (£35 or more.....a lot more.....Brune!) came out in 2013, the Arena Commander module 2014, Star Marine module 2017, Alpha 3.0 expected mid 2017...it just seems so slow the development. Agonisingly.

In terms of Fight Club playing the game it would be so cool if we could get a viable organisation playing. At the moment I think we have 5 members, you can be members of however many organisations you want in this.

I am certainly still very interested in this – just a bit dragged down by the slowness of development.

Oh I forgot the single player Squadron 42 should be out by Christmas but I would not hold your breath!

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Azrae1
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
I've been following SC on and off for a year or so now but am a little unsure about it right now.

So... has anyone been playing it / getting any game time from it and, if so, what are your thoughts?

I suppose I'm a little bit averse to coughing up cash for an alpha...

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I'd be interested in the finished product but not at all interested in the constant running commentary I seem to hear of this project for all this time.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: