Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
No Man's Sky...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
No Man's Sky...
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I like it for what it is, an exploration game, but probably not worth £40.
I am actually stuck under the map at the moment, though, my first game-breaking bug. woop woop.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yep...

https://youtu.be/uTTPlqK8AnY

Pretty accurate and the way the game slaps you in the face when you do reach the centre is...Sigh. The game was enjoyable at first, because like any game, you expect it to open up, give you more things to do, expect the mystery of the game to be explained. But with each day passing, I realised none of this was to happen, I was doing and seeing the same things as I was on day one of playing. I quit playing after three days of playing because it felt pointless and the game was featureless, all the things the lead designer talked about was not in the game which was a marvel in itself, it was like Murray was too scared to say no, this isn't in our game, but he just kept saying yes to questions and talked about things we'd never see in this clearly incomplete and incredibly lazy game.

I quite enjoyed flying from planet to planet, this was well done and impressive, but the way the planet shifts from being distant and all the details missing because you're so far away to suddenly seeing all the planets features pop into view and the planet changing shape when you get close was pretty distracting.

Glad I didn't buy it, brune made me think twice when he warned us to be wary of it, almost did buy it, but purchased GTA5 on sale instead. :D

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:

Glad I didn't buy it, brune made me think twice when he warned us to be wary of it, almost did buy it, but purchased GTA5 on sale instead. :D

You have my paypal details, share that saving! :P

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Hah, £40 coming your way, still a better purhcase than NMS in its current state!

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Did this steam user sum it up correctly?
Quote:
A mile wide but an inch deep. I can not express it better

Seeing the game renamed as One man's Lie quite a bit on the web!

Good old angryjoe for when you need a good review/laugh

Parody alert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU&t=0s

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Did this steam user sum it up correctly?
Quote:
A mile wide but an inch deep. I can not express it better

Seeing the game renamed as One man's Lie quite a bit on the web!

Good old angryjoe for when you need a good review/laugh

Parody alert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU&t=0s

"Sonyponys"

Yeah, when it's £15 and modded to fuck I'll pick it up. I'd like to thank Colonial Marines, Arkham Knight and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for ensuring I'll never pre-purchase a PC game again. Saved me £40

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I must admit, I'm still playing just because I want to get to the centre. I've been working on it for a few nights (and still over 100,000 LY off), and i'm well prepared to be let down. I want my £40 worth ! and it's also my first game that I've 100% played with Steam controller.

Wish me luck

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
How you getting on with the Steam Controller Lugs?

Mine has been gathering dust since I've not played any consoley type games recently but I used it for a bit with Just Cause 3 and figured if I spent enough time getting used to it, it could be pretty good.

Getting to the point where I get used to it might take a while though

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:08 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
yes, it will take a while worth the perseverance though if you are starting a new game, even an FPS. very nifty indeed.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
Yeah, when it's £15 and modded to fuck I'll pick it up.

£16 over at the Humble Store at the moment, and a recent update allows you to see other players as glowing blobs as well as hear them apparently... Not too sure about that bit but I'm tempted by £16, or I would be if I wasn't basically living in Elite right now

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Not played this game since release (hurl). But seeing all the rage about this new 1.3 patch which looks pretty nice made me interested again...Then I looked at patch 1.2 then patch 1.1, all seems to add alot to the game and improve it. Glad they didn't abandon this game though, it's visually pleasing, I love the art style and the game had an interesting hook. I got it from steam for £15.99 while it's on sale, seeing as they're still going to release more stuff.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
If you're curious to see what's been changed and added, they've detailed all the patches so far on their website, it's incredible what they've added and they're still adding more things, so the game was released a year too early it seems.

1.1 Foundation = https://www.nomanssky.com/foundation-update/

1.2 Pathfinder = https://www.nomanssky.com/pathfinder-update/

1.3 Atlas Rises (Current release) = https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

I'm enjoying the game so far, I've always been a fan of the games visuals and it looks even better with patch 1.3, stunning art direction in this game. So much has been changed, the UI is much better and I like how you can now use more resources to recharge things. I really like the Freighters they've added, so you can store stuff and even have your own spaceship garage to show off your ship collection.

Reddit post with a list of compatible mods for Atlas Rising 1.3
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyMods/comments/6t2wlt/incompatible_mods_with_13/

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, well now it is £15, well £15.99, and modded to fuck so I bought it. I feel guilty about it and I don't have a lot of time to play it at the moment but I like it so far

Edit: Went tooling around looking for a clement planet to make a home base on, saw what appeared to be a quite welcoming planet; jungle & marsh and no environmental hazards.

Unfortunately it turned out to be large, red, sweatyand inhospitable. So I called it Neo's Mom. I then made my base on it anyway hoping for a "You are now entering Neo's Mom" message whenever I go back there

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote

Be sure to try this mod - https://nomansskymods.com/mods/megaliths/

It's pretty nice. :D

Never realised just how big the modding community was for NMS, there's already tons of great mods being updated for Atlas Rises. :o

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Tenz wrote:
Unfortunately it turned out to be large, red, sweatyand inhospitable. So I called it Neo's Mom.l

This is blatant lies.

You told me she was VERY hospitable to you. I will also repeat what I believe I've said before: She's 4'10" so you must enjoy fucking hobbits

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: