Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Did anyone try or buy the Hive or Oculus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic View previous topic
View next topic
Did anyone try or buy the Hive or Oculus?
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well I wasn't sure still, which is why I took the £400 punt. Glad I did, I'll never play Elite on a flat monitor again and that Robo Recall game is tons of fun. I dread to think what the horror.jump scare titles are like.

Oh and wandering around the ISS was pretty cool too.

Don't know about Steam support but I've loaded up into SteamVR with the Rift and everything I've tried so far has worked, even the Touch controllers, with no issues I've been able to detect.

Also, DIRTY CONSOLE PEASANT.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, you can use your Oculus/some other random VR headset fine with Steam because of OpenVR, Valve even go out of their way to patch in Oculus Touch support for SteamVR (nice one Valve)...But try to use the Vive on the Oculus store though, no chance. You need to use a third party program for that luxury. :s

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I haven't needed to use SteamVR since I downloaded the Oculus beta track as that picks up external applications so you can launch them from the Oculus home screen, so Elite has been running fine without the need for Steam to be loaded at all.

At this point I've tried bits and pieces out, watched a few things on a big screen, and played a LOT of Elite including my first foray into driving around on planets. I'd say it was worth the money just for what I've got out of it so far, and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. It will definitely be interesting once they start bringing out the 4k/2nd Gen headsets. I understand people who don't like it because it's not as crisp as a monitor but, like the graphics in things like Terraria and Starbound, for me that's largely become irrelevant as the pluses are so great

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » General Chat & Offtopic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: