Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Titanfall 2

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Titanfall 2
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Titanfall 2 Reply with quote
Odd that there's no topic for this, but I suppose it released between the latest Battlefield and CoD...

Now FPS's these days aren't really my thing. I've played and enjoyed Borderlands 1/2 recently but that's more down to the humour than the actual gameplay, and I can't remember the last FPS I played before that until you get back to CoD Modern Warfare.

That said, I really enjoyed this game.

I was drawn by the stompy robots and the fact that RPS said it was going to be (and I think they were proved right) grossly overlooked despite the fact it's better than BF1 and CoD:IW. I was still on the fence but I mentioned it to some friends of mine and they got it me for Xmas. I have no idea what multiplayer is like yet, as I only just finished the single player.

It's pretty short, they reckon 5-8 hours depending on how fast you shoot through it, but while the story was somewhat cliched it was well delivered and the gameplay was... actually fun. Wall-running is familiar from Warframe but it felt better executed in this. You can run through like a normal shooter sniping/rifling things to death or use the invis cloak and wall running to leap about at high speed shotgunning things in the face. Gun mechanics from my very limited experience with these things seemed good, close enough you're fine shooting from the hip but you can still aim down the sights for more accuracy. There's a good selection of weapons that all felt different. Fun grenades too.

Anyway if you're into these things I'd definitely give T2 a shot!
Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I hear the singleplayer campaign is pretty good and it does look good, worth it for that alone to be honest! Origin puts me off buying it, especially for multiplayer, how is the playerbase on PC?

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Got it for about 20squids via a voucher, back in Nov, and yeah, really enjoyed the SP campaign

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
TheRighteous
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Bought it for £25 in the sale, haven't played it yet but looking forward to it.

From what I hear the SP campaign is amazing, just a little short (5-8 hours). It's really being raved about, though.

The PC player base seems to lacking somewhat but that's to be expected from the release being sandwiched between CoD and BF. I've heard there are longer waits for some of the less popular game modes, but the others are easy to get games for, apparently. Judging by what I've found on reddit there are some conflicting reports

I'm guessing a lot more people will have picked it up at christmas though so there's that. All future DLC is free too :D

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Well I only dipped my toe into multiplayer the other day but I didn't have any problem finding matches... In fact, before I'd even figured out HOW to go about finding a match after joining the lobby I had an invite from someone and after finishing that match and planning to quit (had to go do something else) I had another invite before I could hit the quit button. Maybe I just timed it right.

Still, the SP was enjoyable although being used to RPGs and such 5-8 hours is a little short for a £25 price tag... but it was a gift so I was able to feel like I got enough out of it. I'll probably start playing the multiplayer a bit more in the new year.
Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
TheRighteous
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Wow, the single player was good, the last level especially.

I played a multiplayer match earlier and you're right, instantly found a game with no troubles. Calling a titan is wicked fun

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah it was pretty epic-feeling which is the kind of thing I like, and it made me sad at that one part until I realised it would all be fine again shortly. I'll probably replay it at a higher difficulty level now I know how to play the game properly, though I did manage to get the achievement for beating that one guy on the training course.
Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: