Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
PSVR...

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
PSVR...
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post PSVR... Reply with quote
It's alright!

Wayward Sky - is a pretty good point n click interactive platform puzzler.

EVE Valkyrie - The demo was kind of brilliant but it doesn't look like its worth 55 squid (they can fuck off at that price)

Job Simulator / Batman VR - are both brilliant [and short] but they require a space the size of half my lounge...with no furniture o_0!

So far only one demo has made me feel nauseous - which is one included with VR Worlds called "Scavengers Odyssey".
You drive a weird buggy thing that jumps and shoots...started off great but then the sick feeling kicked in.

GFX overall are ok, not 42" tv high res great but OK is still pretty good.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:01 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Congrats, you got a taste of the future!

Saw the PSVR set up at the GAME store in Edinburgh, was tempted to try it to see how it looks compared to the Vive, but I didn't want to catch eye herpes! So, do you think VR gaming will go far as all the analysts predict, or die a slow death as a gimmick? I think VR is pretty damn amazing, even with the limitations of the current hardware, my Vive is easy to use and the games look incredible in true 3D. I've played a few horror games like Dreadhalls (Oculus store) and Boogeyman (Steam, works on Oculus and Vive) in VR, you've never tasted true horror until you try it in VR, terrifying. I was almost tempted to buy Monstrum to play on the Vive but after watching some let's play videos, decided best not to! :o

Did you upgrade to a PS4 Pro for PSVR or stick with your old PS4?

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
It is really good but...there are a couple of buts in this case o_0!

1. Nausea - I get it with some games that I would never expect to (fixed perspective FFS!) and not with others that I would expect to (Driveclub demo - I'd heard from people it was vomit inducing but it didn't get me!)

2. The fookin software is just too damn expensive for a (currently) niche project - Sorry, really wanted EVE Valkyrie as the demo is brilliant but fuck off to £55 tech demo

3. The resolution isn't great. It's certainly usable but when you look at the TV and the fixed view is higher res then that kills the effect a little, and

4. It thinks my lounge is about 2' wider than it is, making some games (like Job sim and Batman) almost unusable as I fight to put my hand through the effing sofa. "Move it ya lazy bastard!" I hear you say, "Fuck off", I say to ya, "it's made from a steel frame ya cheeky CNUT!" (Yes, we bought a reclining sofa after 14 years with the last one and it is the dogs bollocks!)

That being said I've had some great experiences with it so far. The "VR Worlds" demo disk is great but the price takes the piss (see 2 above!) and should BE FREE WITH EVERY FOOKIN UNIT -> SONY you are cheap twats for not doing this.

"Will it die a Slow death?"...If they don't sort out 1 to 4 above then yes, I believe it will But as someone said on Twatter, if people don't buy PSVR1.0 there simply won't be a PSVR2.0 (with better resolution etc. etc.

PS4pro? Not sure. The only reason I can see (for me) to buy one is for the large HDD...as in, If I was looking at getting another PS4 I'd get the Pro over the Slim OR if I was getting one for the first time I'd get a Pro over a Slim...but otherwise I don't get it.

I don't do 4k content, don't have a TV that supports it and they forgot to add a UHD bluray drive the bloody thing so less of a reason to upgrade the telebox for that purpose anyway!

Really not sure what they were thinking with this release tbh... So no, I use my standard launch PS4 which is good enough

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Seems some folks are already using PSVR to play games on the PC, but only if the game uses mouse control for moving the camera so the HMD can use that for headtracking, which means you'll need to play that game with a gamepad. But then again, headtracking is not needed to enjoy games in 3D, I'd happily just play a game in 3D and use controls for moving the camera as I prefer to do in Subnautica and Obduction, so maybe more games could work if you don't want headtracking? But PSVR could be a cheaper alternative to VR on the PC, if you don't mind only some games working currently. Be interesting to see what Microsoft releases for PC which is said to be like PSVR for PC and maybe XB1?

The problem with most VR games, at least on the PC is that it runs in lower resolution (so I can imagine it looking even worse on PSVR maybe?), so jagged edges are very apparent and text could be harder to read, but the plus of PC VR is that you can turn on supersampling and it's like your headset goes from SD to HD visuals, everything goes sharp, text is easy to read etc, but you need a very powerful graphics card for the higher supersamping options.

Just recently got Obduction (which only supports Oculus for now) to work on my Vive with Revive (a third party program to make Oculus games work on Vive) and it looks effing amazing in VR. Obduction is coming to PS4 so you might want to give that game a try if you like adventure games. :D

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Jaggies? Nope.

Grainy? Yes. But only at its worst, not normally noticeable unless ur watching the "normal" non-vr screen via the HMD.

It's cool watching a virtual 100" screen and all that but not when it looks grainy!

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: