Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Skyrim Special Edition

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Skyrim Special Edition
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Skyrim Special Edition Reply with quote
Upsides: snazzy new graphics, alt+tab now works, it has a 64-bit version and it was free (for me at least, screw you guys).

Downsides: graphics are not as good as a modded version of the original, most of the original mods won't work (yet), they haven't released the creation kit for it yet, it is a bit buggy, it is £30 if you don't own the original... but who the fuck doesn't own the original?

Basically, it's an update for the current genration of consoles, if you get nostalgic for it on the PC*, load up the original and mod the fuck out of it instead.

*If you are not nostalgic for it, just watch this and go "aww fuck I'm gonna lose a couple of weekends again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
For some reason a lot of people are having serious problems with graphics, yet my old 7850 4GB (which is a shade less than the minimum spec) is running it absolutely fine at Ultra settings.

It's not as pretty as vanilla Skyrim + mods, but it's a fuckton less hassle too... I spent around 8 hours following the STEP thing last time I installed Skyrim to get a beautiful looking game and then didn't play it. At least with this I can dip my toes in for 10 minutes before I get distracted without the 8 hour setup :P

The fact it was free didn't hurt either
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
According to Nexus Mod Manager I currently have 65 active mods.

That's a lot of crap I'm used to playing with that I will have to do without just so I can alt-tab

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The only mods outside graphical ones I made extensive use of were SkyUI and that alternate start one, Live Another Life was it? Oh and the one that made ore deposits glow.

That said, with the SE version now being 64-bit some of those mods could become even tastier than before...
Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:52 am View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Been messing around with SSE, very nice performance increase over the original, read that VR performance is alot better than the 32bit version, so will try that later. Just a case of waiting for Skyrim script extender to get released for SSE then the modding scene will explode into action, people are excited for the possibilities.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
I've never completed Skyrims main quest line... Spent ages playing it and messing around.. Going to try it this time!!

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: