Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Witcher 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
The Witcher 3
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Takes a pro playtester 25 hours to complete Witcher 3, which is pretty damn amazing considering he was speedrunning through the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/14/8406525/witcher-3-length-how-long-wild-hunt

Sun May 31, 2015 2:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
The flip side of the coin. I think Mack rages for effect sometimes but it looks like he has some valid points in this review, all eye candy, lots of content, lovely characters and lore BUT with some gameplay elements that are in reality pretty sucky for a PC game. (NSFCP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeEZeKN8JE

*NSFCP - not suitable for console players

Also his response video after i assume he was hit by a tsunami of outrage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCUtsyG-B58

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
After his Dying Light 'review' I'll not be watching any of his shit again. He is entertaining but he just outright lied in that paticular load of bollocks.

By all means slag off the game if you have a poor opinion about it, we all have different opinions *coughgoldammon00bscough* and the world would be spectacularly dull place if we all agreed on everything, but making up shit that just aint true and marking it down accordingly just makes the guy a complete arse.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I was amused by the crappy pathfinding AI or the fact some buddy is fighting the Griffin while you're off adventuring. But his dig at combat was pretty insane, he made no mention of slow powerful attacks, or that you can dodge to the side so you're not in harms way or the fact you can counterattack and riposte often disabling the enemy briefly. All he did was spam fast attack and kept rolling out of the way while moaning about it because he kept going too far to the side, he could have hilighted and selected a target to help focus down the strong targets first but ofcourse he makes no use of this. He complains how Witcher 3 is dumbed down for console players but he himself played the game in a very simplistic fashion and made no use of all the nice abilities you can use while fitghing to make it fun. And the combat in Witcher 3 is some of the best, reminds me alot of Dark Souls especially when you're fighting larger stronger beasts.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Sounds like he had a few valid issues BUT did not explore the combat completely and try and use all the tools to make it a more immersive experience.

I guess he was saying why bother when all you need to do is spam x-y-z. It looked pretty much the same as Witcher 2 combat to me and that was pretty ok if a little sloppy at times.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, that's true thinking about it, the whole auto face targetting while in combat is annoying, would prefer to have it disabled like in Dark Souls, but then again I missed a hell of alot of times in Dark Souls because of that, hah.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Patch 1.05 now out, HUGE list of fixes.

And they fixed an exploit where you could kill cows, gets the hides, meditate and the cows would respawn, rinse repeat...Easy money, now however, whenever you do that, the Bovine Defense Force Initiative kicks in and a large powerful beast appears to stop you doing this which you cannot kill unless you are a high level. Nice. :D

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-addresses-money-exploit-by-trying-to-kill-1709341894

Patch notes here:-
http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1052

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Tempted to grab this after the hype has died down and it's still getting praised left right and centre. Anyone on here put a decent amount of time into it and able to give a fair opinion? When it comes to a story driven, living, breathing open world with the freedom to chose how you play, Skyrim is the daddy hands down. Does this come close? If it's just another DA:I reskinned (which is what it looks like on all vids I've watched for me) I'll save me cash.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
FiendishOne
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
I love it, I originally got it from less than respectable sources, but have since upgraded to the real thing. :P
The level of detail is fantastic and the landscapes awesome.
Very interactive game.

Kept dying all the time at the start though, combat is not the best feature of the game, but still excellent.
Definitely comes recommended. :D

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:34 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chromedome
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
MDK I found it for 18 last night and bought it. Good eye candy so far, cant comment beyond that, too new.

http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-the-witcher-3-std-download.html?gmdr=0973674c&utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
I picked it up and so far sunk about 9 hours into it. I dunno what the fuss is all about really at this point. It's a good game, brilliant visuals, and the questing is cool. Definitely not a 10/10 or a 5 star approval or anywhere near close. It's basically a slightly better DA:I, and has none of the Skyrim freedom/living world I was hoping for. Also the combat, character movement, AI pathing and things related are poor. Very clunky and frustrating to the point where it was putting me off playing. And the horse/mount mechanic....you need it to get around, but I hate using it. It's utterly shit.

7/10 first impressions, but I do have a lot of game to get through. Hoping the good will eventually make up for the bad.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Completely changed my mind. The combat/movement/horse riding are still piss poor, but feck me, the rest of it does indeed make up for that. The world alone (once you branch out a bit) and the quests/tasks/contracts are brilliant. And I may have a Gwent addiction, which I hope to feed with an online version (pretty please)

9/10

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:
Completely changed my mind. The combat/movement/horse riding are still piss poor, but feck me, the rest of it does indeed make up for that. The world alone (once you branch out a bit) and the quests/tasks/contracts are brilliant. And I may have a Gwent addiction, which I hope to feed with an online version (pretty please)

9/10

Took me three goes to get going with the first one. Once I got through the first chapter the game seemed to pick up pace a lot.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
If anyone has this and didn't play the second one, I have a free copy that redeems on GOG if you want it. Just let me know.
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:

9/10

Well its a bit late but I finally got it and then had to play through the first two again. Totally agree with Kryo, took me a few hours to properly get into it but since then... it's a fucking time vampire

I have some minor niggles, mainly that Geralt is far too pretty now, only the eyes are non-human, and the DLC armour is far to clean and shiny.

However, the tech is now to the point that you can tell what peple are thinking by the detailed expressions on their faces.

At one point you have to go rescue a guys goat, I'm thinking "I seriously have to do this piddly shit?", Geralt's expression matches that feeling perfectly

Up there with Skyrim for me, but prettier. I keep taking screenshots of storms and sunsets... and the odd decapitation

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: